Reclaiming Nuiwar

“Jot down notes about my colleagus and write down important events. And maybe a sketch when im bored” he shrugs and watches the exchange between lauren and Fobend, laughing a little bit go himself

1 Like

“But how can you know the cause is worth fighting for if you don’t know what it is?” He asks, sighing. “Child, You might want to go home. I don’t think you’re cut out for this sort of thing.” He says.

Jason nods.“Neat.”

1 Like

“Give her a chance, no one starts out as an expert.” He shrugs “need the experience for the job, maybe, but you need the job to get the experience too”

He nods at what Jason says

1 Like

Lauren nods. “What he said!” Pleasepleaseplease don’t make me leave already!

1 Like

“I don’t think you understand.” He says. “We’re facing a force that has a good chance of killing us every time we step out that door and try to fix what they broke.” He continues, a serious look on his face. “And you’d do that for a cause you know nothing about. I don’t believe you’re prepared for that.” His tail flicks.

“So explain it to me!” she begs, her hands clasped in front of her. “I learn really quickly, trust me!”

1 Like

He sighs. “Fine.” He concedes. “You know about the black market here, right?”

“There’s a black market here?” she blurts. It belatedly occurs to her that maybe that wasn’t the best thing to say. “Of course I knew that.” She pulls her Tome from beneath one arm and holds it across her chest, trying to look very knowledgeable.

Bailey listens intently

@Runa, @jayzor17, @BrokenAxels Palacus comes down the stairs and cuts in on the conversation, “Lets deep-talk with some ever-fresh soup!” He says putting the pot on the table. He quickly disappears again only to come back with spoons and bowls “Quick-dinner served!” He lets out.

“There is.” He said. “And for the most part, it’s organized by one group of bandits, and they have recently started to infiltrate the government as well. We’re here to stop them before it gets too bad.” He said. “They’re one of the reasons spells were outlawed inside city borders. To make it easier to control the masses. And as far as I’m concerned, that’s already too far, and it’s only going to get worse.” He finishes, before seeing the food. He nods. “Thank you.” He turns to go to the table to eat.

Jason sits down at the table.

Alex follows downstairs and sits at the table.

OOC: I figured the outlawed magic wouldn’t effect Lauren, as she’d be practicing at her home, or the others, since I don’t think any other spellcasters are native to the city.

2 Likes

Bailey grabs his vial at the word spells.

1 Like

Palacus serves the people at the table food and smiles before taking food himself, “I hope it tastes ever-great.” He says.

Fobend notices, his eyes flicking towards it, but he lets it be for now.

2 Likes

OOC: She doesn’t even know she’s breaking the law. :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: Lauren holds her tome in front of her, staring at it. This is illegal?

“And that’s why I want to help you!” she says. “I want to be able to study magic in the open, not hide away insi- Oooo, soup!” She places her tome on the table and gratefully digs into the soup.

1 Like

Bailey chooses not to eat.

3 Likes

“You’re easier to distract than a ca-” Alex says to her before his attention seemingly shifts to a fly. It seems he was trying to make a joke.

“Don’t we all.” Fobend says to her statement.

2 Likes

Seeing Lauren’s joyful reaction to their being food, “hope it tastes well.” He said smiling.

He then looks at Bailey, he respects his choice, “Your not gonna sit with us?” He asks him

1 Like

Lauren finally surfaces from the soup, breathing deeply. “Are you a mage too?” she asks Fobend before putting another spoonful in her mouth.

OOC: I just found out I’m having soup for dinner tonight irl, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Alex puts a spoonful in his mouth, then struggles to swallow it and keep it down. He shutters.

Fobend nods. “Somewhat. I haven’t been able to practice more than one learned spell, and one passed down through blood.”