Red Vs. Blue: A Fool's War

“Go ahead.” Claude says

“Thanks!” he called out, standing up and stretching before sitting down at the edge of the cliff, his legs hanging over. “So who’re you again? Sorry that I forgot, what with being passed between the teams to even them out so much it gets hard to remember.”

“Claude, Blue team’s rookie.” He calls up.

“Ooh! A rookie! Good ta meet ya, sorry for having to meet you while I’m on the other side.” He apologized, definetly interested in the prospect of a possible newcomer. “So… Quick question? Which teams the most underbalanced? Right now I’m red for the day but that’s just becuase agent California told me I was, can’t really remember which.” He asked somewhat ashamedly.

“I have No idea, I just got here, the pelican I was riding was shot down, and then I appeared at Ted base for some reason and walked back.” Claude explaines

“Ah, dang it, let me know if you do then, no one else has told me and I’d hate to be doing my job wrong.”

“Sure thing, hey why don’t you know?” Claude asks confused.

“I… I have memory problems, tendency to forget a lot of stuff, it’s why I call him Red lover, defining characteristic, or you Yellow plates. Really I guess everything just started to blur after a while, being the same pattern, red side one day, blue side the next, go to said side, stay for the day, then go sleep in the cave before the cycle repeats.” He said, indicating his cave, which was closer to the middle of the canyon, along another cliff area.

“Oh you live in a cave?” Claude asks concerned for his mental health

Zed got somewhat concerning quite at that, slumping slightly in sadness before quickly going back to normal. “O-of course I do, n-none of the teams want to have the team switched sleep in their base becuase typically I’ll be on the other team the next day. Y-you know, no possible enemies in the base.” He said in forced cheer with a slightly shaky fistbump.

“Wow, Can I come visit your cave?” Claude asks interested in thei ManCave of his.

“Really?” Zed said instantly perking up. “Sure I’d love to show you, most just don’t really care.” He said excitedly.

“Dude it sounds awsome!” Claude says excitedly,

“Wanna see now? There’s no battles going on and as long as shotgun leader doesn’t see us we should be good.”

“Sure!” Claude gets up and walks towards Zed.

“Awesome!” Zed said, quickly jumping up and skidding down the cliff side on his feet, it was surprising at the least to see someone like him doing something like that, it typically took a good amount of training to be able to ski down cliff faces on ones feet, stay pretty much stable and land it. “Come on, he said cheerily.” Waving and leading him over, humming cheerfully.

As they entered his cave it could be seen to contain a three crates in one corner, one full of MREs and the other two full of randomly assorted ammunitions, most matching up with his current weapons. In the opposite corner there was a worn survival sleeping bag, and powered lamp and small stack of books, while across from it was what looked like a large, custom made radio, except it also had a scree like attachment, a pile of scraps and spare parts nearby it, the final corner just had a few extra guns, along with one somewhat odd looking shotgun, it was very well taken care off despite its state of major disuse, covered in dust as it was. The center of the room was pretty much kept clear, a couple scraps of fabric and pillows acting as a carpet. “Ta-da! I realize it’s not the best but it’s what I could make do, got some books, food, weapons, my project over there.” He said indicating the device. “So what’d you think?”

OOC: guess what the device is.

“It looks awsome, what’s with the shotgun?” Claude asks.
OOC: I have no idea, A T.V.

OOC: basically, he made it from spare parts, originally supposed to be a radio but he managed to get his hands on a screen that could output visuals and went for it, not the best but it can work, kinda…

IC: “Hmmm? Oh that! I remember this!” He said excitedly, picking it up. “It was one of the funniest missions I had with blue team, they were trying to figure out who was the most stealthy and had us steal something from red base, I managed to steal this from shotgun commander, while she was in the same area too! Tried to get it from her while she was holding it but figured the risk was too much… Can’t believe I still have it… How pissed do you think she’ll be?” He said excitedly, picking it up and examining it before pausing, gulping audibly as he turned to stare at Claude, finishing his question.

Agent HI then decides it’s time for them to make a call.
“Come in Command. Come in.”
BLOOP BLAP BLEEP BLOOP
As usual, Command went right to voicemail. Not that anyone in the canyon ever noticed, the voicemail was one of those clever ones that started off by saying “Hello?”
“Audible sigh. Catina? Would you be so kind as to look after Blue Base for me? I have… something important to do.”

1 Like

“Dude, that’s pretty sweet, nice set up you have here.” Claude says looking at the radio/TV. “Hey did you make this?” He asks pouting to the device.

1 Like