Removable Axles in Masks?

It’s weird because my 08 Takanuva has a molded axle. Maybe the plastic used for those masks, like the lime joints, were weak so they needed to use a normal axel?

That´s probable, my Brutaka´s Olmak broke and also my Reidak´s big weapon, Maybe it´s got something to do with the golden axels

For some reason the axle connection in my Ignika is very loose. Same with Pridak’s head; the red axles come off way too easily :confused:

2 Likes

Know the feeling bruh

1 Like

It’s a thing that helps with weaker plastic, but It can lead to wobbly axles. The solution is to just use stronger plastic.

2 Likes

found in Broken/Damaged Masks topic
that’s why

There’s a special type of pen that uses a thicker ink. If you paint the loose axle and stick it in, it will stay. Also you can still pull it out and wash it off if you want your axle back :stuck_out_tongue:

The brand is “DecoColor”, but i imagine simmilar ‘paint pens’ will work too

1 Like

look at you being a master

The designers probably had a few hundred of bucks left so they just put a red axle in the masks.

3 Likes

I know. I’m so happy. :relaxed:

1 Like

But then Plural’s incoming Master Rank destroyed the young boy’s dreams.

1 Like

2 Likes

I thought it had to do with the injection-mold points? When they include the axle in the mold, it creates that weird circle-mouth. But by having the axle a separate piece, it gets rid of the circle mouth to preserve the look of the mask, and allows it to look smooth.

IDK how to explain it, but I’m pretty sure that’s why important masks (like the Ignika) got the special treatment.

4 Likes

this was always weird, I didn’t really like it

it made the masks feel kinda cheap for some reason

3 Likes

That makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

To be honest like @Plural said, it may have been due to prevention of broken molded pins to the masks ?

2 Likes

I always saw it as a result of the strange new mask-molds. They tend to be larger and/or thicker than typical masks up to that point, so maybe they used up more plastic.
So maybe the axel was added so the bigger masks could still function as without going over the limit, or to make them more versatile?

Those were my thoughts at the time.

2 Likes

We´re getting lots of great answers, I´m really happy, know I think we´ve got two great answers by @Neowulf and @Clone_01354_Productions

1 Like

I know that the following sets had the pin. Maxilos, Vultras, Toa Ignika. Toa Mata Nui. Not sure why though

3 Likes

Wait. There are golden axles!!!

1 Like

I prefer the red axle mask attachment, as it allows the mask to be more versatile if it is used for anything other than a face.

1 Like