Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls

Hey there guys! So, last week I finally got my official Journal 3 and it was my best moment in my entire life!!!. I was happy and all that but then… then I remembered… I remembered something that I tried to forgot… Gravity Falls is over… SCREW IT!. Then a miracle happened and a friend told me about Rick and Morty. Then he told me that both of them are in the same universe!
I was something like

And then he showed me the video below.

I was shocked. Truly shocked. I couldn’t said anything. I was… TOO HAPPY! Finally! Yes universe! A sequel for Gravity Falls!
So I made this topic for the Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls fans to talk about easter eggs that they found in this shows.
I found 2:

1. In the pilot episode from Rick and Morty, when Rick turned on a portal, above it there was a screen with Stanford Pines’s letters!
  2. I am more than sure that Scary Terry from the second episode is the category 9 ghost from Journal 3.
    I will update this topic with other easter eggs.

Anyway, let me know if you found more!

5 Likes

There are tons, including a rock with two mortys, who look like dipper and maybel. Also Rick and Morty is in no way shape or
Form a sequel, as they are two entirely diffrent shows with diffrent rules and such.

4 Likes

Yes, but the links became stronger and stronger and stronger. I myself started to decipher every code from Journal 3 to see if I find more ester eggs.

Some minor Easter eggs, I’m just saying it’s not a sequal

3 Likes

I have four words.

FILM. THEORY.
EASTER. EGGS.

So yeah, this theory is pretty un-creditable. It’s just going off some easter eggs. And in case you don’t know, here’s the definition of easter eggs: “an unexpected or undocumented feature in a piece of computer software or on a DVD, included as a joke or a bonus.” This doesn’t mean it’s in the same universe. It’s just a R E F E R E N C E. Plus it’s film theory. Which is the same as game theory. And if you don’t know by now, those channels make the most over-the-top theories. They don’t make sense anymore!

I guess I just debunked it.

But hey at least it’s not as ridiculous as “Sans is Ness” or “Deadpool is Ernest Hemmingway”, am i right?

6 Likes

@KingOfCatfish and @Toa_Distraxx: I don’t know what you think. I know what a easter egg is, but what if it is real? I know that is sounds weird. Flapjack can be connected with Adventure Time too (what a stupid idea) but this theories actually make sense for me.

This theory is based off easter eggs. Its my boy MatPat but… He does have a tendency to base them off Easter eggs and references

Who??

To clearify matpat is the host of both game theory and film theory

1 Like

Ahh. What bout GtLive?
The only reason I watch.

From what I understand, the creators of Rick and Morty are actually friends with the creator of Gravity falls. So as a joke they throw in a few Gravity Falls references into Rick and Morty.

I don’t personally believe it’s that they’re connected or share the same universe or anything, I really think it’s just added in there to be fun.

I could be wrong on this though.

4 Likes

the symbols on the wanted poster for stanford had the name rick on it it’s a double code i think

Matpat is the host of gtlive too yes.

No, is just Bill Cipher’s code. It said “Rick was here.”.

1 Like

that’s what i was saying…

1 Like

Its a references guys. The creators do this. Both shows make refemces to other shows too.

2 Likes

Oh wow what a great theory. It reminds me of the first episode of season 3, where in the flashback, Rick’s old house was Walter White’s house from Breaking Bad, so that obviously means they’re in the same universe. /s

4 Likes

THIS. THANK YOU!

2 Likes

I’ve only watched Gravity Falls but judging by the fact that MatPat has become more and more stupid I wouldn’t take any of this too seriously.

2 Likes

I must say, this entire idea is rather flimsy. it only works because of easter eggs thrown in as gags.

y’know, visual references done for fanservice and nothing else?

that, and MatPat came up with the theory. knowing him, this is just grasping at straws that just aren’t really there.

1 Like