Rock Mafia: Rocks

DUDE! WHAT THE HECK!!!

Really man, you gotta make clues more simple. We aren’t that good here.

You offend me…

But yeah, eventually if there is a pattern I might figure it out, but otherwise make it so we can by some stretch figure it out. like how I made mant assumptions about the setting sun etc. XD

2 Likes

Spoopy sand ghost says: Git gud guys.

5 Likes

Sorry, I don’t associate with Sand castles. Also, sorry for making you into a sand castle

That is how mafia is supposed to work, yes.

In IRL games of mafia, you don’t have the luxury of scenes or clues. All you have is your wits and your ability to judge interactions. IMO, the game is much more fun when played that way. It’s like a game of chess; learning how your opponent will react, and reacting accordingly.

In case you didn’t figure it out by the entire premise of this game being inanimate objects killing each other, the scenes are entirely irrelevant here. Sorry it that wasn’t clear. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

True. However, the difference is that IRL mafia you also get to judge people based on body language, their reactions, tone, etc. Here, we don’t have the luxury of seeing people face to face and judging their body language, and they have several hours to calmly formulate responses. Hence the reason why the clues are included.

I get where you’re coming from, but that way won’t work on the internet.

2 Likes

Yeah it does. You simply have to know your enemy and use your wits to be creative and think about every possible situation. How they type, what actions they take, whether they debate or not, etc. The clues, while making the game interesting, in the end never really affect much. Mafians can manipulate other users without a good backing; I’ve seen it happen in many Mafia games.

The game was never about finding clues; it was about a giant hunt, and you’re the one being hunted.

Er I mean booooOOOOooo am sp00py ghost.

5 Likes

Yes, it is obvious that body language and all that is not included in online mafia games. Those things are important. However, it is also true that one can fake these things. With enough self-control, one can maintain a poker face when challenged. I’ve done it many times, and succeeded. In addition, you aren’t provided with a list of suspects in IRL Mafia. You just sorta point fingers and go from there.

It’s funny how almost no one does this, and the people who do use very predictable strategies. :stuck_out_tongue:

That sounds an awful lot like you’re telling me how to run my game of Mafia. I hope I’m misunderstanding you, as that would be pretty disrespectful considering I’m sinking a lot of my time into this.

2 Likes

Slime, Slime. Let me handle this.

5 Likes

The problem being is that you don’t know the users here as well as you do the friends you play irl mafia with. This makes it much harder to try and figure stuff out.

This is true, but that doesn’t deny the fact they’re a very important aspect of the game. Irl mafia is basically trying to see past other’s poker faces and see what their actually thinking, by using the subtle clues which online mafia deprives from us.

I believe you may be underestimating this a bit. While the majority don’t, there are a few who do and those are usually the really successful ones.

I’d also like to point out that in irl mafia everyone is there and involved. Here if somebody doesn’t post no one can judge their actions and reactions, meaning they might as well be wearing a bullet proof jacket, until the mafia get them.

You were not misunderstanding it, and I do apologize as these can be pretty time consuming. I’ll let you run it as you see fit, and see how it goes.

1 Like

Good then. That makes the game more interesting. You suddenly are in a situation where you have to analyze people on the fly and see if what they’re up to.

Online makes things even MORE subtle, which adds a new edge to it.

It’s a strategy, one you can call out on and say how suspicious it is.

“Hey, that Slime guy keeps telling people to shut up. Perhaps he’s really insecure and secretive about his role.”

See what I mean?

2 Likes

It’s hard enough to figure this out irl when people are trying to cover it up, online makes it even harder for said reasons.

Or making them practically non existent. The only thing I can imagine being incorporated online is diction and tone. And those are still pretty hard to read, much less make accurate assumptions off of.

You’ll be more likely to forget that the person is playing in my experience. Not to mention all the times people have forgotten about games, and the fact mafians tend to be more active, there’s a lot of doubt surrounding inactivity that it’d be hard to peg as instantly suspicious.

1 Like

okay i think that’s enough folks
move along
this isn’t relevant to this topic anymore

if you want to have debates over whether mafia games that make you think are bad, please head over to Forgotten Grotto

k tnx

2 Likes

I think Slime is the Mafian because he’s telling Omega to shut up.

I think Omega is the Mafian because his talking is hella suspect.

I think I’m the Mafian because I’m trivializing the whole thing.

YAY!

4 Likes

What if…

We’re all plastic rocks?.. :scream:

2 Likes

I agree with all of those statements.

2 Likes

u didn’t vote, tho.

1 Like

The last several posts have taught me one thing:

I’m not good enough to be here.

Uh oh…

@Political_Slime can I have the numbers on how many of each role is left?

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

well considering that only villagers have been killed

all of them

3 Likes