Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

Which members of RWBY don’t you like?

Because Wiess really gets on my nerves…

1 Like

I find that Ruby is far too detached to everything to really be the all-loving hero that she’s made out to be

like, all the action, and character interaction sorta just happen around her, aside from her spat with Weiss in the very beginning.

So that’s bothersome.

Weiss is cold and always yearning, burdened by a royal task and quite frankly, even though they’re self aware about it

it doesn’t forgive how grating it gets

and then her backstory tries to pull the “she’s under a lot of pressure from her family” excuse to justify how much of a total jerk she is

and it’s just a tired character archetype that I really don’t care for.

If you’re gonna go for the route of a flawed character that no one likes in-universe, I much prefer the Pearl route to the Weiss route.

Blake is basically just a vehicle for preaching on and on about the stupid Faunus plight, and it’s just a lame motivation, because other than being the “dark and brooding one” it’s all her character really has

and I just couldn’t stand her in Volume 2

I so did not miss her in Volume 3

Yang I don’t really have a problem with, per say, but I just prefer the JNPR crew. Also I had way too much fun with the puns made at Yang’s expense come the end of Vol 3

6 Likes

I am an emotionless husk

1 Like

Oh scrap! Oops! :sweat_smile:

Eh I think the purpose it served was to make the threat of the villains real, so many shows like this have villains that are kinda just as powerful as the protagonists, with Cinder and her group we already saw that they can beat the main characters.

So Pyrrha trying to stop cinder and failing kinda makes sense, Pyrrha probably felt responsible for allowing Cinder to get the maiden powers, Ruby seeing that Pyrrha needed help went for her and she’s pretty much the only character present that could have gotten up there too.

But hey Im probably rambling about something I don’t know about so I’ll shut up now.

1 Like

Hey, it is a discussion thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wish that the characters were in different places at different times so that events would play out differently. However, the ‘silver eyes’ thing was a good payoff for Ozpin’s foreshadowing from the very first episode, and I don’t think Volume 3 would’ve ended the same way without it.

2 Likes

I am so glad that Pyra died that way we won’t have to see any cringeworthy scenes with her and Jaun.

(Also Carolina is the better red-haired fighter from Rooster Teeth.

So I recently watched the show. I really enjoyed it and I am excited for Volume 4. I had no idea what to expect but it was a great show.

This will never get old.

5 Likes

I think this is a more accurate representation of when someone joins the RWBY fandom

8 Likes

I was rewatching Volume 3 when I saw a pink flash during the intro of ep4. I managed to pause it at the right moment, and found out that there’s an upside-down, red-scale, sped up version of the last few seconds of the intro. It’s there for less than a second between when they show a close-up of Ruby and then cut to Winter.

And only seems to be n Ep4.

~W12~

2 Likes

What do you mean by [quote=“21sselliW, post:602, topic:849”]
red-scale
[/quote]

?

Not entirely sure, but I’m pretty sure it means all color was displayed as shades of red. Think of it like B&W coloration only with different shades of red.
EDIT:
Checking myself just to verify, this is what I found. It’s actually just an upsidedown very screwed up version of Blake and Adam’s fight in the intro.

This is most likely either a corruption that occured during Youtube compression (something similar has happened to me before and I’m sure it’s happened to various others.) or an odd bug that happened when they rendered the video. Neat but nothing major from what I can tell.
EDIT2:
I went back and double checked and found 2 more images.

It’s RWBYwave.

1 Like

Those actually look pretty cool. #volume4hype

2 Likes

Yeah, I just rewatched the series and the last few episodes of Volume 3 are so intense. At this rate, Volume 4 is going to be epic.

2 Likes

Volume 4 is going to be way better because Pyra is gone.

We’ll break his legs

1 Like

also

FTFY

2 Likes

Oh sorry she’s such a terrible character I forgot how her name was spelled.

/s