Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

Whoops.

Having pointed that out, it could be what they are going for. If you look at Ironwood as the Tinman, he doesn’t really fit, being shown to have lots of heart, and expressing his emotions rather largely…

Didn’t think about that. I was thinking that the name was intended to be ironic,
but I guess they’re just going for contrast? Ozpin has also shown much more power than just a man behind the curtain, so I would say so.

I’ve heard people say that Qrow was the scarecrow and Glynda was Glynda the goodwitch. If that is true I don’t know who Vaccuo’s headmaster would be. Toto? On the finale, not my favorite but the only real complaint is how fast Yang is going to get there. The rest I feel is understandable

I guess Salem is one of the Wicked Witches, then?

I don’t agree with Oz being the Scarecrow, though. All of his design choices point to the Wizard.

Pretty good finale, I do wish Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Blake finally met back together at the end though, so that annoys me a bit, but it’s not a huge deal.

1 Like

It seems like Weiss and Blake will continue going there separate ways for a little while at least, but I agree that they could have at least had Yang catch up with RNJR. She was so close…

Random thought - what if all of the RWBY songs are intended to have been written/sung by Weiss? We’ve already seen her perform twice within the story - the White Trailer and V4E6 both feature her singing. The Yellow Trailer also features a remix of Mirror Mirror. The interesting part about this is that the remix seems to be being played in the club - as in, Yang, Junior, and all of the patrons can hear it. (Unless I’m just making an incorrect assumption). Not a big deal, Mirror Mirror is already in the universe. Well, the Yellow Trailer also features remixes of Red Like Roses and From Shadows, as well as a version of I Burn. Ruby also listens to This Will be the Day at the beginning of the first episode. So the rest of the songs existing within the universe seems likely.

So what points to it all being Weiss? Admittedly, not much. All I was thinking was that most of them have Casey Lee Williams as the vocalist. This includes both Mirror Mirror and This Life is Mine while Weiss is singing them. Honestly, that’s the only reason that I have. On the other side of the argument, I would say that the types of the songs seem a bit varied for what we’ve for sure seen from Weiss. At the same time, these songs are all made by the same people in real life, so that might not be too big a deal. There’s also the few songs with vocals from Jeff Williams, which would have no explanation if Weiss were solely responsible for the songs.

I still think that all of the songs actually exist in-universe, for some reason or another. Whether or not it’s all Weiss is something I’ll have to look for more evidence for or against as the series progresses.

On a slightly off-topic note, is it still considered double-posting if it’s been a significant amount of time?

Yes. Yes it is. - Slime

2 Likes

Man that finale… it was so good. I’m glad it seems that RWBY is heading back towards each other and how Ren and Nora’s relationship is developing. I’m hyped for Volume 5 and can’t wait to see where the show goes from here.

3 Likes

Yeah you’re kinda grasping at nothing here.

The only reason to say this would be the same voice actor, but then her making songs for the rest of the characters/opening themes wouldn’t really make sense.

And most of the character themes are sung from the perspective of the character and about stuff weiss wouldn’t even know.

Really? even when it falls? and the song ruby was listening to in episode 1 was just a joke really.
Also as far as we know weiss doesn’t even like singing or writing music, she never does it when away from home, and her dad makes her do it.
And Weiss sings opera or whatever that was, we have not seen her sing metal or rock.

You honestly didn’t need to say anything else. This sums up my entire post. I was listening to one of the songs, thought “what if?” and started writing. I kinda realized that I was pretty much making stuff up by the end, but still posted it to see what others thought.

Good to know, thanks.

1 Like

I watched the finale yesterday, and welp…

I understand this season was totally needed, and I can appreciate what they tried to do, but so little really happened it kinda feels pointless, even though that is far from the truth.

1 Like

I like that they’re going back to kind of the slow story development that Volumes 1 and 2 had.

Personally, I’m kinda glad that not too much happened. Volume 3 just constantly bombarded us with new things happening. It’s like, the first half of the volume nothing happened, but then bam, 3 characters are dead. And that was just the tip of the iceberg.

1 Like

Yeah, I just kinda feel like it was a lot of buildup and little to no immediate payoff.

1 Like

IMO, this will be rewarded with things suddenly taking off in V5. We’re left at the edge of a lot of things, with most characters in Mistral and the others doing their own stuff, which should pick up almost immediately in V5.

3 Likes

Yeah, it just makes me more exited for the next volume.

4 Likes

I think the hype they built was intended to payoff at a slower rate. It feels like they are trying to prepare the payoff and not throw it out there just yet.

4 Likes

@Mesonak what are the odds of getting a RWBY volume four ttv talks like volume 3?

Probably very unlikely since they kind of canceled TTV Talks.

Shame, I actually enjoyed them and they did cover a broad variety of topics

1 Like

They cancelled it as a regular show, but they left open the option of doing a stand-alone episode for things like RWBY.

1 Like