RWBY: Rise from Ashes (RP Topic)

So does Kuro.

Terin sees the chest was blinking and tries to see what he could discern about it.

Discord slings the pilot onto her back “Back off. It’s ours now.” She gets ready to leave.

A bit grabby and possessive, aren’t you? he thought, a bit annoyed by that.

“I think you would find it more beneficial if we all worked together on this.” Terin said, “We don’t even know why its chest is glowing.”

He moves to try to get a closer look at the robot.

Discord grins and sidesteps “I’m sorry, sir. I believe this gal already knows so since we already know. I claim ownership. It could be a bomb for all you know. Might as well let us keep it.”

OOC: Seeing that Laurel’s eyes could likely identify why it was blinking, could I get an explanation?

IC: “Actually, the blinking means that it belongs to the two of us,” Laurel states, standing firm beside Discord. I’m sorry, what was your name again?

“Says who?” Terin asks, “For all we know, it could be a tracking beacon for rescue teams.”

“For all you know, it could be nothing,” she counters. “So let’s think about this in a different scenario: this is an actual pilot. Their aircraft just crashed, they’re hurt and scared, and finally somebody shows up to help them. Except those people are kids that can’t do anything except squabble over who gets the honor of saving them. Meanwhile, not only is this pilot injured, there are one or more other pilots out in the woods, just waiting to be rescued. So yes we should work together, which means splitting up. You and Nightshade over there get along well, and the two of us get along well. She already has the pilot, so we will deliver the pilot to safety while the two of you look for the other one. Clear?”

1 Like

“If a person is injured, isn’t it top priority to treat those injuries before moving them?” Terin asked.

“I checked for that already. Unconscious, but safe to be moved. Meanwhile, you’re wasting time questioning my judgement while you should be looking for the other pilot.”

“We don’t know anything about how to find other pilots; this one could yield some useful info to help us find others.” Terin said, his tone getting close to a growl.

“Did you miss the unconscious part? No information from someone that isn’t awake.” Laurel’s tone remains light and factual, like discussing the weather.

Terin was getting annoyed, “This pilot is a robot; you can get information even when unconscious by connecting to the memory systems.”

“And how often do you think you’ll be working with robot pilots?” she counters.

Discord shrugs “Disp.” She starts carrying the robot on her shoulder ignoring the argument.

2 Likes

“Stop right there,” he said, “if we split up like this, we may find ourselves biting off more than we can chew.”

Laurel shrugs. “I’m confident we can handle it. See you when you have the other pilot.” She turns and follows Disp.

“You may be making things worse for yourselves; this place is crawling with Grimm.” He said.

Okay, how the heck does a King Taijitu move? The ends are completely independent from each other. he questioned in his head out semi-randomly.

1 Like

“I just wanna have fun with a new pal. Just let us go on our way. You don’t need to act like a Paladin.”

1 Like

The blinking light was also a button.

Kuro shurgged, “Fine, at least we know what we’re looking for now.” She started to walk away as well.

2 Likes