RWBY: Risen from Ashes (RP Sign Ups)

Hey everyone! I’m back, and after learning from my mistakes from my previous role-plays. I’ve been scheming in the shadows. I have come back to trying at role playing again. So without further or do, let me introduce you to RWBY: Rise from Ashes, and explain it’s premise.

So you are students who just starting at Beacon Academy. Just like in the show people will pair up into teams during the test in the forest. From there you shall train and learn at the academy, but also get attacked by, Roman Torchwick, White Fang, Grimm, and an unknown force (which is definitely not Salem or Cinder).

This universe is not connected to the shows universe, so no team RWBY or JNPR, but we will have the teachers and villains I previously mentioned.

Well I hope you all are willing to give me a chance and will come and join. Also I’m not going to be on a lot so if someone may help me keep an eye on things, that would be great. Thank you.

Rules:

1. You may have a max of 4 characters.

2. Don’t be super OP, like being a maiden or other powerful beings in the RWBY universe.

3. No auto dodging or auto hitting.

4. Don’t kill other characters without the players permission.

5. Keep gore and romance PG.

6. Please stick to the laws and physics of RWBY and it’s world.

7. Please, don’t have any connection with character from inside the show, being this is not connected to the show at all.

8. No demonizing other kingdoms in RWBY, please focus on the real forces of evil.

9. If a player doesn’t want his/her character in a romantic relationship with any other characters, please don’t push it on to them.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Species: (Human, Faunus type, or keep mystery)
Personality:
Description and/or Pic:
Aura: (In the sense of color)
Semblance:
Weapon/s:*
Bio:*

• = optional

Players:

1 Like

Maybe it’s time I dusted off Terin and nerf him considerably.

1 Like

guess I’ll use some other ocs and stuff
Press F to remember the cringe

3 Likes

Name: Kuro Homra

Kingdom: Vacuo

Species: Human ?

Personality: Timid, cold, distant, shy, but willing to have a good laugh and a good time with others, sometimes.

Description and/or Pic:

Aura: Orange

Semblance: Invisibility: She is able to herself or anyone/anything she makes contact with, but that connection doesn’t carry over to the other person so there might be some floating clothes. Also if she uses it for over 10 min, she’ll get very weak and sick.

Weapon/s: Flame Thorn: this weapon a chain and grappling hook, which is also a gun (a shot gun).

Okay-

:sob:

Anyways, CHARACTERS!!!

Name: Sunray Moonstone
Nickname: Sunny
Species: Human
Appearance: Slightly tanned, with sunny blond hair. I’ll draw something up eventually maybe.
Kingdom: Vale
Aura: Yellow
Semblance: “Shinedown”: Can charge an object not covered with or by semblance with energy, causing it to glow faintly. Wherever it lands on the ground a deadly lazer from the sun will fire towards it for 10 seconds. This does quite a bit of damage, and if you’re dumb enough to stay in the beam for the duration you’re probably dead.
Equipment: A sling, and a decorative spear with sun motifs.
Backstory/motive: His father was a Hunter who never returned from an exploration mission. The young Sunny refused to accept that his father was dead, and decided to be a Hunter to go find him out there. 9 years, 10 months, and 24 days later, he has finally made it to Beacon.
Personality: aloof

Name: Mikado Xanadu
Personality: Serious
Appearance: Black spiky anime hair, fair skin, orange kamina glasses, a sleeveless black trench coat over a xanadu green ■■■■■, a mikado yellow belt, a pair of gauntlets, jeans, and tall black boots. I might draw something eventually
Aura: Xanadu Green
Semblance: “Avenged Sevenfold”: He can apply his semblance to any object or weapon that he uses, causing its output to increase by up to 700% per foot traveled. This affects different types of weapons differently. For example, if its an energy weapon it will cause the power of the laser or whatever to increase by that rate. If it’s a physical object it’ll cause the speed of that object to increase by that rate.
Weapons: A sword, gauntlets that let him shoot lasers, and that’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

Name: Jupiter Bell
Personality: Jupiter is soft-spoken, one to let his actions speak when others would use their words. Humble, loyal, compassionate, etc.

Appearance

Jupiter is about average height, with a lanky build. He has brown hair, worn just long enough that he has to brush the bangs aside so they’re not in his eyes. He doesn’t really style it; it’s just there. His outfit is primarily shades of dark oranges and various browns: loose cargo pants in a dark brown, a burnt orange t-■■■■■ usually covered by a jacket of a medium, orange-y brown, a dark shoulder pauldron with a strap that cuts diagonally across his torso, and hiking boots. Numerous pockets are spread across his pants and on the inside of his jacket, which are usually filled with his vials of dust.

Aura: An orange-y yellow.

Semblance

“Blink” - allows him to travel a short distance in the blink of an eye. It is not speed, but rather teleportation, meaning that he does not pass through the space between his starting point and destination. Allows him to ‘blink’ across danger (fire, falling rocks, etc) without getting hurt. The ability works best when he can see his destination. He can ‘blink’ to nearby places that he cannot see, but with less accuracy, meaning that it is very possible for him to hurt himself by blinking onto rough terrain, into fire, etc. Memory of the place he is ‘blinking’ to can be close enough to be accurate, which allowed him to travel anywhere in his childhood home instantaneously. Velocity and momentum are retained after ‘blinking,’ making it unwise for him to begin falling and ‘blink’ in an attempt to save himself - he would still splat on the ground, just a lot quicker. This can be used to his advantage, such as running at an opponent and ‘blinking’ the remaining distance away, catching them off-guard. His usual range is about seven meters, though adrenaline has resulted in a greater range and mental fatigue severly limits not only the range of a single ‘blink,’ but the number of consecutive ‘blinks.’

Weapon

“Clockwork Dawn” - a rather mechanical-looking compound bow. The arms of the bow curve away from the string above and below the grip before cutting back at a sharp angle, forming a sort of flattened ‘w’. There is a compartment for dust vials in the grip, feeding up to the arrow creation mechanism. The bow creates arrows of pure dust from the vials as the bowstring is pulled back, leaving them ready to be fired. Otherwise vials can be used directly for Dust manipulation. The weapon can also straighten into a quarterstaff and fold up for easy storage.

1 Like

Crap! I tried to find the old signup I used for Terin before but I think those topics got deleted because I can’t find them. Looks like I’ll have to start from scratch or at least dig up what I can on my laptop when I am able to and work from that.

@Omega_Tahu : Your characters are really cool, but your missing some info for Sunray. Aside from that, there both accepted, just make sure to add the other info.

@jayzor17 : Awesome character, nothing’s missing, so accepted.

Yeah, I noticed that as well when I was trying to figure things out for this.

3 Likes

youre a monster Omega.

Name: Mokuzai Oakley
Race: Human Boi.
Kingdom: Atlas (or Mantle but eh)
Bio: Always looked up to those who could protect people. Grew up in a wood and shoe shop.
Appearance: Tends to wear a cloak and a white mask. Appears to have armor underneath his cloak. Slightly taller than the average height.
Personality: Quiet and talks when he can sass people.
Aura: Lime Green

Weapons: A pouch of razor blared and a bunch of fishing line

A giant puppet that can fit people of most body sizes and types into it.
Hidden blades in wrists, arm, and shin
Can hide people inside
Dust infused to make it stronger then normal wood, but it’s still basically normal wood.
Can shoot out dust using it similar to a flamethrower and are hidden in the palms
Has an opening behind the mask that can shoot out a gas that makes people feel faint and more tired. Oakley is also affected by this if he is out his puppet.

Semblance:
Item Manipulation through touch and other objects.
Can manipulate any item or participant within 5 inches. Can extend this reach by fishing line or other connecting objects. These objects spread the range and have a 1-inch radius.
Can go extend his range for 4 minutes and his reach increases to 7 yards but tiring him out to extreme exhaustion. He can’t directly manipulate people in this state
Can extend his range to an indefinite range but at the cost of every 1 second 1 aura and making him prone passing out or fainting bypassing the willing participant handicap.
Through training, he can extend his reach.

Name: Discord “Disp” Painterson
Race: Human
Kingdom: Atlas
Aura: Purple

Bio: Mokuzai’s cousin who used to live in a long line of artists. She grew up with Mokuzai adoring him profusely and after meeting “that one friend of her cousin”, she spent even more time with him growing up. She gained her semblance at 5 years old and was always scared to tell people what she saw. Decided to become a huntsmen to get closer with people while having the plus of getting to hang with Mokuzai along the way. She grew up asking to be treated like a semblanceless person and prefers for people not to reveal about her semblance constantly telling strangers and the like she doesn’t have a semblance. She requests for schools not to reveal her semblance.

Personality:
Awkward but outgoing enough to interact.
Likes to keep to herself.
Doesn’t tell people her semblance
Easily mislead when it comes to regular social interaction
Can’t really know how to treat certain situations despite being able to read minds

Semblance: Passive semblance where you can read thoughts similar to a thought bubble in a comic or manga in her eyes and see what people imagine about her/themselves/others at the current moment or current surroundings. Can also feel and see certain thoughts/what people imagine about themselves (or what they’re doing) at the current moment such as someone imagining themselves crying or imagining hugging her. Appears in a text/image or a comic format. Thoughts about her are directed towards them and are more apparent.

Weapons:
Two identical energy weapons that has main 3 forms each.
Both Can be duel wielded or one weapon at a time.
Dark blue handle that attaches to her forearm and waist (Think a bit more of Halo type where it also has grip and an ridges to hold instead of a just handle)
Can change beam colors because uh… I don’t see why someone wouldn’t put that option into their sword.
Beams can use dust to add minor effects such as small embers emmiting from the blade

Forms:

1. Standard type stereotypical medieval type blade.
  2. Buster Sword.
  3. Energy shield that has an area where she can sketch battle plans on (kinda like the interface of a scroll) to send to teammate’s scrolls.

All 3 forms can extend their length to reach further away targets (works as a large burst [at most 6 yards for a 1 turn] and keeping it extended depending on how much [say extending it a few feet wouldn’t cost anything]) or shorten down then the weapon form
Can shorten or extend the blade to simulate different styles of weapons.(Ex: Shorten the buster sword to be more like a meat clear type of thing)

Looks: Keeps her hair nice and long and has blue hair with faint red highlights.
Has purple eyes.
Usually wears a simple graphic t-■■■■■ and jeans when shes not in school occasionally wearing something else like a dress or that jazz.
Wears gloves
Sometimes wears a mask with an audio modification installed.

Copy and paste is the god I worship

2 Likes

I know right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Name: Laurel Bell (Jupiter’s twin sister)
Personality: Independent, snarky, a bit cynical.

Appearance

Laurel is short. Not just short, but overall just small. She looks quite a few years younger than she actually is, much to her chagrin. She wears a sand green denim jacket over a red dress. The jacket is short, barely reaching her abdomen, and her dress only reaches a little below her waist. She wears black leggings on her legs, and simple black shoes. Her dark hair is worn short, with the bangs hanging long on one side. Oh, and red eyes. We’ll come back to that later.

Aura: Red

Semblance

Laurel’s eyes are a bit sharper than usual. They pick up minute details at a glance, and she’s able to memorize and even analyze what she see, from pattern recognition all the way down to chemical makeup. Her semblance further applies to combat: not only can she copy movements after she sees them, she can understand someone’s Semblance at a glance, including any potential weaknesses.

Weapon

“Lux Tenuem” - on first glance, Lux Tenuem barely looks like a weapon. A pair of minimalist black cylinders that fit perfectly in Laurel’s palm, you’d probably guess that they’re markers before even thinking about a weapon. Honestly that isn’t as far off as you think; the cores hold cyan Dust, which Laurel uses to form weapons of pure dust. The weapons are more fragile than your standard metallic fare, and shatter into dust upon taking a good hit. The possibilities range in size from simple brass knuckles up to a spear taller than she is, and are determined by her ability to form them. The weapons don’t stay formed after loosing contact with the cores, though, making projectiles futile most of the time.

1 Like

Name: Terin Atarangi

Personality: Tends to be serious in battle and helpful via hit and run tactics. However, he does have a temper sometimes. If in a good mood, he may crack a joke or two. He puts others first, even to the point of risking his own life if they are considered good friends of his.

Description and/or Pic: Has crimson hair and golden eyes. He has facial markings around his eyes, below his eyes and on his forehead. They are, according to him, a sign that he has come of age in his family to become a Huntsman.

His crimson hair is rather messy but somewhat covers his right eye and is kinda long.

He usually wears his deep red t-■■■■■ and a blue jacket with the collar flipped out and a set of black or blue jean pants and combat boots. Also will wear a blue zip-up hoodie if weather is colder or raining.

(Image by ToaVakota)

Aura: Blood red

Semblance: Shock Burst: It allows him to take damage and use it to boost his strength via electricity. As the Burst part implies, this boost is short and uses large amounts of the damage absorbed. He can’t tank much damage though as he hasn’t fully mastered his Semblance yet.

Weapon/s: Thunder’s Wrath A set of sais that can double up as a pair of automatic pistols. His preferred fighting style is up close and personal to mid-range.

Bio: Born and raised in the shadow of Beacon Academy by his parents who were retired before he was born. His family comes from Vacuo, hence the markings once they come of age. He will have only just recently gotten his markings when this RP starts. (I may have other things in play as well but the only one for now is that his family supports the idea that Faunus should be treated as equals to Humans; they are kinda White Fang because of that but they do not support the extremist cell(s) at all; if push comes to shove, they’ll oppose those cells in the goal/name of protecting everyone, including Faunus)

Here you guys go. @King_Ved.

1 Like

@LTVmocs : Your female character is accepted but before I can accept your male character, could you please explain to me his semblance a bit more, like what type of manipulation? that’s pretty much it to be honest

@jayzor17 : Cool character, the only problem is semblance. There’s two options: A, create some sort of weakness or, B, have it be able to turn on and off. If I missed something about it sorry.

@BlackBeltGamer98 : And you, your character is… accepted!

1 Like

Thanks. I edited things a little bit just now so as to have a bit of balance and something to build on later.

Basically telepathy. But like. Smol range. It’s mainly items but can pull on people slightly

It seems pretty fair compared to all the other semblance’s here. It’s not even combat useful other then the fact it’s basically the Sharingan copy stuff.

2 Likes

I guess there’s the fact that taking in too much information at once is very straining; it’s something I include without even thinking about it.

1 Like

You may want to nerf the Sharingan copy ability a little as that can be a bit OP if you can just, virtually, instantly copy stuff just by watching it.

Okay, I understand it better now, thank you.

Okay, sorry I didn’t really get that through, thank you for clarifying with me.

Also, right now we have enough characters for two team. We can start the Roleplay next week or maybe wait and see if anyone else would like to join, what do you guys think?

2 Likes

It’s not really OP in the RWBY universe because learning how To punch and kick like a person isn’t too stronk when fighting Grimm
Also it’s only really OP in naruto because Justus are the main focus of the franchise.

Sounds good.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s not like Laurel can copy other semblances. The physical ability to pull off anything she copied is on her, as well; the semblance just gives her the technique.

1 Like