RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

Gawain thinks of something. “Maybe snowflakes?”

“Yeah, maybe. Maybe that’s it. Surprised it doesn’t melt in this weather.”

“Maybe it’s different because it’s her semblance. She’s a strong huntress.”

what’re you up to Yalani.

OOC: I know I said rabbit, but Ammy’s a hummingbird faunus. Sorry.

IC: Gawain looked on edge. Ammy notices and says, “She’ll be fine.”

“I know . . . it’s just weird. She doesn’t seem like the type of person to have us over to visit. She was just like how Kota was.” Gawain stares at the campfire. “Gods, I miss him.”

“We all do. He was special, especially to you.”

Gawain scratches the back of his head. “If I could just tell him one more time . . .”

“He had Natalie, you know.”

“I know . . . but still.”

how interesting…

“‘But still’ nothing, Gawain. He didn’t want to get too attached to you, maybe his death was why that was. Maybe he thought he wasn’t ready for it, heck, maybe he wanted to stay single so it wouldn’t hurt as bad. He knew he was gonna go eventually.”

“Alright!” Gawain says before calming down. “I’m sorry . . . for yelling and for bringing it up.”

she listens.

“All that time, huh?” Ammy asks. Gawain nods. A snowflake lands on Alice’s hair.

she grins and looks for the source, i’ve got you now.

A girl was standing behind her. She had long, white hair, turquoise eyes, and was wearing crimson, samurai-style armor (Mix of Yatsuhashi and Raven). She had a wolf tail. She tilted her head and cleared her throat.

“hey…” she said nervously.

“The Crimson Demon herself returns,” Ammy says, “How was the walk?”

“It was nice. Glad to see grass for a change, yellow grass at that.” She sits by the campfire. “You two have a little spy watchin’ ya.”

“Alice?” Gawain says when he sees her, surprised.

“i wasn’t spying… i got lost.”

“So you followed a stranger?” the girl asks.

“he looked friendly.”

“Well, you’re half-right,” she says jokingly. Gawain pushes lightly on her shoulder and she giggles.

“This is Sayo Yukimura and that’s Amaranthus Drandian,” Gawain says. They both wave.

“do you know a Yalani?” she asked Sayo.

They all shake their heads. “Why?” Ammy asks.

"because i know a Yalani that tends to crossdress in a way that looks identical to Sayo, including using the name. "

“Oh, is he from Mistral as well?” Sayo asks.

“i don’t know.”