RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

Beth realizes she doesn’t know the date. Well, it would be more fun to write them with Machneal anyway. She thinks as she gets her stuff and walks up to his room.

He continues to read, maybe Wednesday…

Beth knocks on his door.

Ash walked down to a room with a different puzzle. The room was a long bridge with boulders rolling from the upper left of the room from tubes along the walls to the lower right into tunnel. Mechanical clanks and whirrs could be heard and Ash saw certain circular panels on the floor that had a certain marking and color to it. The boulders, perfectly round, also had glowing colors and markings on them. They seemed to roll one by one, the last boulder triggering the roll of the next. Ash looked and tried to think of how to stop the boulders.

“is it the pizza guy?”

"No it’s not, guess again.

“the guy from the noodle shop?”

“Nope.”

“…that kid who borrowed my book?”

“Try again.”

“I dunno, who?”

Beth opens his door. “Me, dear.” She says as she walks over and sits next to him.

“you know, you were my next guess.”

Ash tries stopping the boulders with columns of ash, but they crash through them. The first panel was glowing red, so Ash took a deep breath and waiting for a boulder with red markings. He stepped in front of it and, using his Aura, stopped the boulder dead in its tracks with the bracer on his left arm. He winced as the boulder felt extremely hot, so he coated the side he was touching with ashes to absorb the heat. The panel opened after a couple of seconds afterwards and the boulder dropped in a small crater, activating a switch that lit up one of the four lights near the door at the end of the bridge. He walked up to the next part of the bridge.

“Why wasn’t I your first?” Beth asks playfully

“because I really want pizza…”

“how about I order us one?” Beth asks

“k.”

“Alright, I’ll be right back.” Beth says as she gets up. She walks out and orders a pizza on her scroll.

He waits.