RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

He was sitting on the counter licking the stove

Heather:" What are you doing?"

Suddenly, the place started to develop a breeze before it intensified into a spinning wind. Ash held on for dear life. What the hell!? I got enough problems as it is! He slowly kept making his way up, loose twigs and stone knocking against him.

He simply meows.

Heather laughs and smiles at him," Ok it’s time for bed."

The wind pushes Ash and he struggles to hold on. He slips and falls onto a thick branch, injuring his leg on impact. He screams and holds it before slowly sitting up and wiping his tears. Come on . . . this is . . . nothing. He slowly stands back up and starts climbing again, his leg hurting every time he put weight on it. I’m not gonna stay down here, I need to be with them again, he thought as he climbed.

He hissed to show his disagreement.

Heather:" How about I read you story before bed?"

He shifted, “I don’t wanna!”

Ash hoisted himself up to the top and a grate closes above the tree. Ash lays on the ground floor, catching his breath.

Heather:" But we both need to go to bed."

“no.”

Ash looks at the glowing orb, which reveals itself to be special moccasins. Ash changes into them and a voice talks to him. “You show great perseverance, coyote. With these, you can muffle your steps, run faster than usual, and even slide down the dunes of the desert with ease.” Ash nods and exits the shrine to find the Fire Beings standing there.

Heather:" How about I make you chocolate chip pancakes tomorrow morning to trade?"

“ew, chocolate.”

Heather:" You don’t like it?"

“nuh-uh, it makes my tummy hurt.”

The female Fire Being speaks. “You seemed to have a bit of trouble.”

“'S no cakewalk, that’s for sure.”

“Well, now that you’ve completed your quest and gathered your artifacts, I hope you become better and wiser because of it.”

“Does this mean . . . ?”

“We have no control over you anymore, yes. By the way, your horse followed us.” Dawn neighs.

Ash gets on and says, “Thank you.” He rides away as the Beings disappear.

Heather:" I see, well, ok fine stay up all night, but me and your father won’t give you any attention tomorrow if you do so."

“wh-wha?”