RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

“i see your point.”

“Oliver, like I said, my hands aren’t clean either. They don’t just let slaves walk out the camp, you know.” Ooookay, change the subject now please. Ash, Oliver, someone.

“anyway what do you want to do?”

“Hey, today’s your day. What do you think we should do?”

“can we stay here?”

“Already way ahead of you on that.”

oliver giggled, “i can tell.”

“Anything else you wanna do, just say the word. Tonight, I have the honor to be your obedient servant.”

oliver rests on him

Ash smiles and holds him close and tenderly. “After all . . . you’re all I’ve got,” he says quietly to himself.

“what?”

“You’re all I’ve got. The only loved one I have who isn’t a star in the sky,” he says solemnly.

“and i don’t plan to be anytime soon”

“I’m not so sure. I’ve been let down before.”

“i will try my hardest.”

“You don’t have to try. Just live. That’s why I worry when you’re away. Time is a precious thing to have, but you have less and less. Please, Oliver, just keep doing what you’re doing. Go to class, learn to be a huntsman. If it’s what you want and you enjoy spending time on it, then it’s time well spent.”

Rune was passed out on his couch

“thanks ash.”

“Of course. Just don’t worry too much about me, I can handle myself out there.” He holds him closer and kisses his cheek. “I just want the best for you. I’d give everything I have to you if it made your life all the more worthwhile.”

“but i want you to have the best as well.”