Saddest Movie Moments

What movies have set the emotional sprinklers off?

Pixar movies are regularly make me cry, if I had to think of certain ones, I’d say Toy Story 2 with Jessie’s story, of course the very well known first 5 minutes of Up, but also Brother Bear as well even though not many people like that film. : P

6 Likes

Probably Pursuit Of Happiness

In all seriousness, I think the saddest moment I ever faced was when Spock died in The Wrath of Khan.

4 Likes

My saddest moment, and the only one to draw anything resembling tears, Forrest Gump when Jenny died. IDK why, but it kinda gets me. And it’s the only one too, I’ve seen Marley and Me, TFiOS, all those other crappy “sad” movies, and I actually ended up laughing at some of them. Not with, but at.

2 Likes

This. “Of all the souls I’ve met in my travels…his was the most…human.” :cry:

Then there’s the “tears in rain” scene in Blade Runner. Not only does Roy Batty only realize the value of life right as he’s about to die; all the amazing things he’s experienced will be lost forever.

One other that got to me was the part in Goblet of Fire where a whole bunch of dead people show up (mainly Harry’s parents).

And the end of Braveheart. Manlier tears have never been shed.

Is it cheating to mention Bambi? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This really makes me sad, because my ancestor was William Wallace. :cry:

Dude, that’s awesome! But, yeah, also sad.

Yeah… The scottish blood still runs in me, even if I don’t have the accent, I still have the red hair. :smile:

1 Like

GANDALF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

The ending of Toy Story 3 gets me every time.

3 Likes

This isn’t a movie but I’m still going to share it since it’s probably the saddest thing I’ve ever watched on television.

When the 10th Doctor regenerated…

I cri evry tme…

4 Likes

The princess bride. Best movie ever made.

2 Likes

Toy Story 3’s ending

2 Likes

Totally agree! :’(

1 Like

Which part, specifically?

Gah. I wanted to rant about Mass Effect 3, but it’s movies only.

So, uhhhh…

Toy Story 3?

2 Likes

The end of wall E?
actually
the entire movie is sad putting it into perspective
Also

That makes me sad

3 Likes

The plot of The Phantom Menace

10 Likes

:clap: