Saddest Video Game Moments (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

It’s not like it died or anything.

Both the good and evil endings of Infamous 2.

1 Like

The opening of Ori and the blind forest…

I Cry 3vr t1me

2 Likes

The ending to Fire Emblem Awakening didn’t make me cry or anything, but it was kind of harrowing. I was just numbed by everything that happened up till the bit after the credits.

The ending to MGS3 though, with Snake at the grave, did make me misty.

2 Likes

I got a good one.

The end of the KH2 prologue.

“You’re lucky, Sora. Looks like my summer vacation, is over”

Also in P3, when Shinji dies

1 Like

for me it’s TellTale’s The Walking Dead S1 E5 No Time Left

For me it’s gotta be the ending of Professor Layton and the Lost Future.
I cry manly tears every single time!

When Maya Fey had to leave in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Or when you lose Farewell, My Turnabout.

When Phoenix Wright lost his badge in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Ace Attorney just makes me emotional in general…

1 Like

The ending of Yume Nikki. Not gonna spoil it here.

Oh, I forgot. Rundas’ death in Metroid Prime 3.

3 Likes

Poor guy.
I was sad to see him go.

1 Like

Engaging the Rite of Annulment on the Fereldan Circle Tower in DAO.

Killing all the mages is not as fun as the Templars said it would be.

So I just got the Sayori ending…

The end to the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3 tore me up. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the only good ending would be the one where everyone dies. Every character that had their life on the line went too far one way or the other. Anna Henrietta REALLY got under my skin when she decided to insult my judgement, and her cruelty showed up a lot during the story. It was poetic justice that she be killed by her sister, who in turn pays for her vile actions through death as well.

When Peter Parker accidentally flipped Mr. Aziz’s pizza in Spider-Man 2 and Mr. Aziz flipped out.

Oh, and he forgot Dr. Connors’ class, and said Dr. Connors proceeded to brutally murder Peter Parker.

2 Likes

Dark Souls 2’s Lucatiel of Mirrah has quite the sad ark. She slowly losses herself to the curse, and your last conversation is her pleading you to simply remember her name, because she knows she’s about to forget it forever.

1 Like

DS3 spoiler

Seeing the giant blacksmith dead in Anor londo

1 Like

In Cave Story

When Curly sacrificed herself

(I’m surprised no one has said anything about Shadow of the Colossus yet… :imp:)

But I’d have to say Silent Hill 2 when you speak to Angela for the last time on the flaming staircase.

It’s not like a huge sad ordeal or an epic end or something like that. It’s a moment you realize this character’s past trauma can’t be fixed in the end (it’s probably even too late for them) and the protagonist James can’t do anything.

It’s a conversation between two broken people, the indifference of caring about someone, and it just leaves you with an emptiness feeling.

“It’s hot as hell in here.”
“You see it too? For me… it’s always like this.”