Saikyo Heishi, the Imperial Commander

This MOC is absolutely barbaric, mate.

I love this.

1 Like

I really love the roman look. My only nitpick is the spear looks a little to Viking to me with the wings on the sides of the head. Personally I’d love to see how I’d look with something more akin to a pilum.

1 Like

Awesomus collosumus!!!

As a fan of ancient history I totally love this thing, and how you captured a Roman Centurion almost perfectly.

I got to say though, I’m tempted to use your shield as reference for a project of my own…

1 Like

That is beautiful.

1 Like

This is a complete nitpick, but a Centurion would not have a pilum in his gear, just a gladius :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Some did carry a Hasta spear though, at least in the days of the Roman Republic.

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone :smiley:

I agree, I would too, but he already has trouble holding the shield as is, so making it larger would definitely form a problem. and I wasn’t really sure how to make it larger without making it to plain and technic-y. So maybe I’ll make it larger in the future but not right now.

It seems my referencing for Roman spears was off, thanks for the correction I will fix it in the future.

I isn’t a particularly novel design, use it all you want.

I know, I just like the look of pilum better, but then again as Mythgaurd pointed out my reference for that was off, so maybe I’ll end up changing it to a gladius later.

If I saw this in life size. I would think it is real until I saw the face. It is amazing.

1 Like

As with all of your builds this really impressed me.
Everything flows really really nicely and the shaping is superb.

1 Like

All you need now is the Pandorica for him to guard :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks guys :smiley:

I have literally no idea what that is.

It was a Doctor Who season 5 episode 12 joke, in the episode a lone centurion guards a box called the Pandorica for over 2000 years before it finally opens (more then that I wont say sins it might spoil the season episode for thous who never seen it)

(Though if you check it out I recommend watching the full season you can find it on youtube or on Dailymotion (That I recommend for the full screen) sins you will get to know why and who the Centurion is and the reason he guards the box)