Salvation: Part II

Gatecrasher got out of the rang of the saw, and deactivated the shield, which should cause the other bot’s momentum, to cause him to stagger forward. If that happened, gatecrasher would follow up with a roundhouse kick to the side.

“Sirs!” cried Laslow, transforming.

“I spotted 4 heretics headed for the science sector!” he informed them.

“I would appreciate your help in bringing them down!”

Thunderizer looks between his three adversaries.

“Aye, now we’re getting closer to a fair fight,” he boasts, his eyes narrowing. “Let’s wrap this up, eh? I got bigger fish t’ fry, as the humans say.”

Redwood staggers forward, his ax carving a deep gash into the floor.

A clang! echoes throughout the brig as Gatecrasher’s kick connects with Redwood’s side, but the giant doesn’t even budge. Glaring at Gatecrasher, he swats at the Decepticon with his arm, aiming to bat him away with immense strength.

Topside looks to ■■■■■■■■■■■■. “You comin’?” he asks.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ considers his options for a moment, then nods.

“Gives me something to do, at least,” he deadpans.

“Dunno,” Thrift says, “So let’s get to finding out.”

Without a word, the Terrorcons rush towards Thunderizer, moving in a pincer pattern as Zepar charged straight towards the Decepticon.

“Lead the way.” Epsilon said.

It worked. Gatecrasher slams into the wall, and he falls to the floor. He staggers to his feet.

“Right, follow me sirs!” and he sprints back down the hallway.

Spectrum quickly and silently hurries after the Cybertronian, transforming one of her arms into a small surgical laser and the other into a circular saw.

Actaeon transforms and walks over to Corona.
“I heard you needed me for something.”

OOC: so what did I roll? Nat 1? Nat 20? Anywhere in-between? unless I have a modifier I believe a nat 0 is impossible.

Driftburn looks carefully at the design trying to discern what happened.

Daria looks at Deus,
“Well if there’s anywhere you want to go just grab my shoulder and point where.”

Redwood wrenches his weapon out of the floor and rises to his feet. He looks over at the Splitter brothers (@meepinater) and says boastfully:

“Hey! You three just gonna let me kick the slag outta your friend like this? Come on; this is hardly entertaining!”

Topside and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ transform into their vehicle modes and follow, quickly passing Laslow.

With a defiant roar, Thunderizer jumps into the air, reaching out to seize Zepar in the grip of his claw hand.

Facelift’s mysterious kidnapper drags the doctor into a diamond-shaped intersection, where he meets two smaller bots wielding staves that crackled with electricity.

OOC: the big guy kinda looks like Helex (it’s not actually Helex, though)

IC: Facelift’s captor transforms into a bulky ore hauler, and two arms on the sides of the vehicle load the limp doctor into the bed of the hovering truck.

“i DoN’t WaNnA rIdE tHe EsCaLaToR…” Facelift groggily moans.

Corona nods her head.

“Yes, I did,” she affirms. “I was going to give you something, Actaeon, but I had it delivered to your hab-suite on Salvation.”

“…That was before it started doing…”

The old prophet gestures to the dismantled skeleton of the Fleetcarrier, and the hovering field of hull plating, mile-long stretches of cabling, belts of ammunition, and other oversize starship “guts” that gently quivered around her, all surrounded by a shimmering haze emitting flashing bolts of energized cybermatter.

“…Well, that…”

Driftburn looked much the same; though he would definitely feel different- not unpleasantly so; it felt like an upgrade.

Deus looks around, then points out the door into the hallway beyond.

Thrift transforms into his VTOL mode and takes to the air.

1 Like

Daria looks at the hallway,
“Show me the way.”
She says smiling.

Driftburn shrugs and goes to transform.

Actaeon looks at the ship and nods,
“Makes sense… I guess I’ll need to grab when it’s next available. I’m currently not needed anywhere, so if you have a task for I can certainly accomplish it.”

The Terrorcons comically run into each other as Thunderizer took off.

Zepar brought up both his swords and slashed with them, committed to the charge.

Epsilon does his best to keep up with Thrift.

The Three brothers immediately begin to fire at Redwood.

Spectrum hurried after them.

While he was distracted, Gatecrashr stood up. Then he jumped, pushed off the wall, and got above Redwood. Once he did, he transformed into tank mode, and let himself fall.

Therefore, Thunderizer catches both blades, wincing as they cut into his hand. Gravity takes over as he begins to fall back down onto the deck, likely dragging Zepar with him.

Gatecrasher’s unorthodox move and the Splitter brothers’ fire causes Redwood to crash into a wall, producing a shallow dent in the tan metal. Growling, he moves to violently shove off Gatecrasher, who may have inadvertently put himself in the Splitter brothers’ line of fire.

@ProfSrlojohn

Laslow and the captains would arrive at the science wing along a different route, where they would come upon a surprising scene:

The four assassins had managed to beat Laslow to Shockwave, and the cyclops himself could be seen throwing the derranged red motorbike 'Con down the hall, where he collided with the black tank Heretic. Meanwhile, however, the dumb thug Laslow had shot at earlier, and the orange motorbike bot, were fighting three neutrals close by. Two of them were average-size cybertronians wielding staves, while the third was a larger fellow with a round body.

OOC: he kinda looks like Tesarus.

IC:

The three kidnappers drive down into a network of dilapidated service tunnels flooded with water and choked with techno-organic overgrowth. They had yet to take notice of Spectrum.

While Thrift flies, Motherboard could be seen flying around Salvation in her vehicle mode, monitoring the prison break through gaps in the Fleetcarrier’s dismantled hull. Curiously though, Thrift wasn’t making an effort to summon her aid.

Deus goes out into the hall, and then looks around, wondering where to go.

The growl of an engine echoes down one particular side-passage.

Driftburn suddenly splits apart, the two halves each assuming the form of Driftburn and Scrapshot, respectively. Driftshot would find that his consciousness was shared between the two bodies- a rather trippy experience for one unaccustomed to it.

“I’ve heard there’s a riot of some kind on your ship, right now,” Corona says. “I was going to offer assistance to the crew.”

1 Like

Due to being in tank mode, the blasts only cause a minor burning sensations. His low stature and large weight makes shoving him off difficult, before being pushed off, Gatecrasher manages to fire a shell in the direction of his head.

Laslow transformed, and motioned for them to be quiet. He pulled out his rifle, and lined up a shot at the orange bot’s head, then pulled the trigger.

Zepar tries to drive the blades deeper into Thunderizer’s hand as the fell, a ghostly howl could be heard below as the Terrorcons moved to avoid getting crushed.

“Motherboard!” Epsilon calls, “Facelift has been taken and we need help finding and recovering him.”

Due to Gatecrasher being on top of Redwood, the giant’s head was just out of range. The shell does, however, hit the ceiling above the two combatants. The resulting blast would send Gatecrasher flying even further away, combined with the force of Redwood’s mighty push, and the blow to the back of Redwood’s head would leave the giant Decepticon disoriented as he fell onto his hands and knees.

The blades sink deeper into Thunderizer’s hand, causing the Decepticon no small amount of pain. He deploys the second drill built into his forearm, and it comes shooting out of his palm in an attempt to disodge the swords.

Thunderizer was growing weaker due to the exposure to Dark Energon, but the cybermatter throughout Salvation was mending his wounds and keeping him in the fight for now. The Heretic was bewildered as to the source of his growing fatigue, all the same.

The shot strikes true, and the orange Decepticon falls to the ground with a burning hole where is left eye once was. The staff-wielding neutrals sharply turn their heads in the direction the shot had come from, eyeing Laslow behind sleek visors.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Topside spring into action. While the Autobot captain draws his greatsword and charges at the dumb thug and the equally-large neutral he was dueling, his Decepticon counterpart sprints toward Shockwave as his shoulder cannon deploys from his back.

“Crewman Epsilon-5, there is no-one by the name of Facelift in the Salvation’s crew manifest,” Motherboard tonelessly replies.

“Dude, what are you doing?!” Thrift hisses through his comlink at Epsilon. “Facelift’s another stowaway, man!”

The drill does dislodge the swords and sends Zepar back a bit as well, “Can you feel it draining your strength?” He asked, seeming like he wasn’t as fatigued as the Decepticon.

“He looks kinda like Shockwave.” Epsilon said to Motherboard.

He looks at Thrift, “Stowaway or not, he needs help.” He told the Junkion.

Now that Gatecrasher was off of Redwood, he aimed at the giant, and fire off a few more rounds.

Laslow looks for his next target.

Spectrum transformed into a ball and silently rolled after them.

“Only thing I’m feeling is a need to turn you into iron filings, boy!” Thunderizer snarls, spinning up his drills.

Redwood attempts to get up, but in his weakened state the blasts keep knocking him down. He collapses, and does not get up.

The rioting prisoners cease their aggression and look to their fallen leader, unsure of what to do. Without direction, their little insurrection had hit a roadblock.

The two staff-wielding neutrals hold up their hands- the universal “don’t shoot!” gesture.

Topside and the rotund neutral were fighting back the dumb thug together; the Decepticon was proving to be a fair match for the two. The Autobot captain had stowed his sword and had taken to peppering his adversary with fire from the assault rifle built into his forearm, while the rotund seemed content to use his massive fists against the thug.

The deranged red motorbike leaps at ■■■■■■■■■■■■, wrapping his arms around the Decepticon captain’s neck and bringing him to his knees. With an annoyed growl, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ grabs the back of his enemy’s head and tears him off, before slamming his face into the deck with an echoing bang!

Shockwave and the black tank heretic face off. The assassin readies his cannon, but in the blink of an eye Shockwave brings his own to bear and shoots the would-be killer in the chest. The blast rips the black tank heretic’s body apart, along with ripping up some of the deck and ceiling. sending torn armor and twisted limbs shoot out in all directions.

Facelift’s captors drive through the service tunnels until they emerge in a hidden grotto. Noon had just arrived, and the pale sunlight of Omega’s star shines down from a blue sky mottled with wispy white clouds.

The two hovercars resume robot mode and make sweeping glances around the area, looking to see if they had been followed.

From Motherboard’s vehicle mode, a smaller drone detaches and flies away from Salvation.

“I will require a more specific description and search parameters,” the first officer says.

“Yeah, well duh,” Thrift concedes, “but did you have to ask her, of all people?”

Spectrum transformed into a box, hopefully becoming more inconspicuous.