Salvation: Part II

“I think I’ll keep it for a bit,” Salvo says.

“Looks kinda bad—.”

“really? That’s amazing. I always thought that farming was one of the most honorable profession. You had a sister?”

“That it does” Says Gatecrasher with a chuckle.

Daria looks intently at the Shoomer-like device, the resemblance alone was quite interesting to her. She comments,
“This device, the one like a shoomer, what is it?”

“It ain’t much,” shrugged Blight. “Kind of bland. But it is honest work, though.”

“Um…” he scowled. “Yeah. I do.”

1 Like

“What do you mean!? The ability to make something from nothing is amazing!”

“where is she?”

“Yeah, sure,” Blight droned. “If labor, toil, hard work, water, seeds, fertilizer, pesticides, and time count as ‘nothing.’”

“Here, actually. But, uh… we don’t really talk. We just… We just argue.”

Salvo laughs, as well.

“That, my dear, is a Shoomer!” Thrift proclaims.

“…Sort of. Y’see, some disreputable folk got their hands on Brainstorm’s schematics and started building some of their own versions of his stuff. This here-”

He points to the Shoomer.

“-Was one of there more successful attempts. So they say.”

“Fair enough” she replied

“What happened”

“want to go another round?”

" 'D Love to," Salvo says, “but I’ve got work. Armories don’t maintain themselves.”

“…Okay, some do, but most-… ah, you get the idea.”

“It’s, um…” Blight muttered, hands in pockets and eyes toward ground. “It’s a story. Really, it just has to- Goodness, I don’t really know how to say this. Never really have said it. I’m not good with words. Or… people, I guess. Oh, that’s why I have no friends…” He smiled at Juliana. “Or, had no friends. I’m sorry, I ramble when I’m scared of something. Or embarrassed. But mostly scared.”

“Yeah. See you around!”

"Calm down.’ She said kindly. She put a hand on his shoulder. “I’m not going anywhere.”

Salvo gives a short wave goodbye, before walking off.

Daria’s eyes sparkle as she looks at the Shoomer,
“I’ll buy it!”

Thrift almost does a double take, as if he wasn’t expecting that reaction.

“Uh… awesome!” the junkion cheers. “That’s gonna be a thousand shanix, or the equivalent.”

Sprocket was playing with the phasing sword, slashing it through the air… and nearly decapitating Grommet by accident. The blade phased out at just the right time to prevent the horrible accident from occurring.

“Yeah…” he breathed, calming himself. It didn’t seem to work though. He stopped walking and stood still, rubbing his hands together. “I guess… Well, um… My sister -Caedia, her name is- has this… this ability to, um, clone herself? Temporarily, of course. Anyways, when we were a lot younger, she, um, okay, maybe I should start with my side of the story, I had this dream, you know, and I wanted to follow it. More than anything. But she was sick- that’s right, her powers weren’t quite healthy yet, so she was really just dying, like, all the time, and then- I’m really bad with this…”

“Hey. It’s okay.” She said. “You don’t have to tell me.”

“No, I will-” he promised. “Later, I guess. Yeah, I’m not very good with talking to people about… certain things.” He relaxed, taking a massive breath.

“Hey. It’s fine. Let’s just walk” She told him.

“Sure,” he gasped, resuming his pace.

They continued the walking down the street. Suddenly Juliana stopped. “Hey! follow me!” She says and begins walking off the path and into the bushes.