Salvation: Part II

Blight scans the area slowly. “Do you spend a lot of time here?”

“yes. It’s very peaceful. I used to think no one had ever been here, but the other day I came across a guy named Scrapshot here. I guess it was kinda foolish of me to think that.”

Gatecrasher decides to see where he could help on the ground, so he flew down in his alt-mode.

“You work as a singer,” Blight noted, “but what about before that? Before the Salvation? Did you just… hang out with this ‘Craig’ guy or something?”

“Sorta. He and I were together for 40 years, then when he died, I took up singing.”

The small orb rotated up and a hologram image of Pixel formed.
Thrust grinned.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that…” Blight murmured. “Wait, you’re only forty years old?”

Pixel points at his duplicate curiously, words evading his expression.

“Forty-five actually. Is that odd?”

Thrust tapped something on a data tablet, and the duplicate pointed back at Pixel.

2 Likes

“Nah, it’s just…” he trailed. “Actually, I don’t even know how old I am.”

Pixel points harder.

Thrust taps again, and the Pixel duplicate mimics Pixel again.

“how come?”

Pixel rips off his hand and throws it at the duplicate in annoyance.

“Lost count. Didn’t care to keep track. I’m probably somewhere between ‘young adult’ and ‘middle-aged.’”

The duplicate glitches for a second as the hand goes through it, then does the same thing, the holographic hand passing through Pixel harmlessly.

"How old is that?’ She asked, looking genuinely confused.

“I dunno,” he shrugged. “Around thirty-something-thousand? So, yeah, forty actually is a little odd.”

Pixel attempts to curse in distortion, transforming to a massive selection of forms, from dragon-hand to mini-Blight, maybe even a replica of the deceased Titan Squadron if someone paid close enough attention.

“O-oh! really? I’m bust be a child to you!”

The duplicate slowly but sure kept up, copying Pixel’s every move.
The Splitter brothers were doubled over in silent laughter.

Blight laughs. “Yeah, huh.”

“Ga-a-a–a-a-a-a–a-a-----------AH!” Pixel roars, ripping loose a ventilation door and chucking it with all of his force at the duplicate. “S-S-Stop c0pying m3! pLEASE!”

“I-i’m sorry for wasting your time!” She said and she got up quickly to leave

“Wait, what?” Blight stammers. “What does that mean? You didn’t waste my time, I had nothing to do!”