Salvation: Part II

Flyby shakes his hand- a “so-so” gesture.

“Ehhh, depends,” he says. “Starscream didn’t so much invite me to join the Decepticon navy as much as he shot down my freighter and yanked me out of the wreckage.”

“It was a heck of a first impression, I’ll give him that.”

Sidestep chuckled.
“He’s a bit of a nutjob sometimes.”

Sometimes?” Flyby laughs. “Are we talking about the same Starscream?”

“Oh, great, now there’s more than one?” Joked Sidestep, chuckling.

1 Like

“Fortunately not,” Flyby says.

“Try as he might…”

Sidestep nods.
“If cloning were ever to be a thing, you can bet your T-cog that Starscream would be all over it.”

1 Like

“Oh, he tried,” Flyby says.

“Back when Megatron was having Shockwave experiment with the technology, Starscream tried making a few clones of himself. That was before we found out about the spark problem. Starscream didn’t get an armada, as much as he got a pack of feral beasts with jet modes and null rays. It didn’t turn out well.”

“Oh yikes. That’s nightmare fuel.” Sidestep replied, taking another gulp of his drink.

This damages the engine, as the only other one starts propelling her wildly through the water. She turns it off, as she resumes swimming towards the other two, on the small island.
“So… Uhm… Bad news…” she said as she got back on the shore.

“That was certainly uninteresting.” King-Quan would look around for something else that my catch his eye, something about the Thirteen Primes maybe?

Flyby nods.

“I’ll bet. I wasn’t there, myself.”

If King-Quan kept searching, he’d find the security recordings from Planet Omega’s forge.

“Yeah, we saw,” Headlong coughs.

King-Quan would eventually find security recordings. “Hmm, what is this?” He asked himself, as he played these recordings.

“And I also lost an engine, so I can’t fly.”

“Good for that.” Sidestep said, swirling his drink a little.

@MichaelBT-7474

Flyby nods again.

“I bet it was,” he agrees.

The water around the rocks churns.

“Well, that’s unfortunate…” Headlong groans.

Water and stone are tossed high into the air as the Driller bursts into view, looming above Wildsong and her two allies. The blades on its five tendrils shriek as they chop through the air, and the snapping claws rush downward at their prey.

1 Like

SideStep gulped down some more of his drink.

“So… What do you wanna bet we actually save the universe?”

Flyby looks SideStep dead in the eye.

“Tell you what,” he says. “We find all the Omega Lock’s bits and pieces, stop Bludgeon, and save our people, I’ll give you two million.”

SideStep runs his chin.
“Deal.” He said, extending his hand for a shake.

“Run!!!” she said, as she jumped into the water.

Flyby clasps SideStep’s hand and shakes it.

Headlong and his friend follow, jumping into the sea after Wildsong as the Driller twists its body and dives down after them.