Salvation: Part II

Most of what the Savant’s AI was reading concerned the last hundred million years of cybertronian history, from the end of the Golden Age to the Great War.

“Have you found anything pertinent to our mission?”

The holo-screens vanish, replaced with a blue projection of a round illustration depicting a circle divided into quarters. Each slice bore strange diagrams and cyberglyphic text, while in the center of the disc was inscribed the glyph for “divine light”:

Around the circle, more cyberglyphs spell out the following phrase:

The light of the Allspark shall light even the darkest hours, and thwart the forces of chaos and evil, until comes the day when its children return to its embrace, and all are one

Gatecrasher wouldn’t know it, but this was the same mandala seen on the door Zepar had found in one of his earlier explorations of the Savant, in which he had activated the ancient ship’s repair mechanisms.

1 Like

“Hrm… I really need to get someone to teach me these cyberglipho-whatsis.”

Translations of the ancient glyphs appear next to the mandala.

Gronius was helping Zepar evacuate the ones aboard the shuttle with a ground-based alt mode. In his first group of evacuees was also Redstocker.
“Abandon the ship, Mr Gronius!” the senile old man yelled as Gronius took him in his hands.

Alterion, Delta and Wildsong turned to their alt modes and flew away, out of the shuttle.

“Thanks, That’s sweet of you old girl, but not quite what I meant.” He smiled kindly, as if the ship could see him. “Hrm… I wonder, is this the origin of the phrase, ‘till all are one’?”

As they evacuate, they see the shuttle dart into the fog, with Zepar, Topside, Gronius, Redstocker, and Gronius still aboard.

@BlackBeltGamer98 Topside clings to the back of Zepar’s dragon form.

“I don’t mean to rush you,” he says," but this bird won’t be in the air for much longer."

The Savant’s AI does not answer.

“Don’t go quiet on me now old girl! Do you think you could learn to have opinions?”

Silence is Gatecrasher’s answer.

Alterion turned to his robot mode and landed on a big boulder, looking at the crashing shuttle.

The shuttle dives into the fog bank, briefly silhouetted against the green light from the canyon below, but quickly disappearing from view.

Savant? You still there?” he asks, starting to sound worried. “Rev your engines for yes.”

The Savant’s engines do not rev, but the ship seemed to still be in working order. Maybe the AI was just done talking for now.

“Giving me the silent treatment are ya?” He said. “I guess it takes a lot of time and energy to learn a new language. I’ll come back tomorrow.” and he moves for the exit.

Zepar launched away from the shuttle, landing on the ground with a thud.

Outside, in hangar thirty-one, technicians study the Savant. This unassuming science vessel was built with technologies that put even Salvation, the most advanced ship built in the last hundred million years, to shame. At the back of the hangar was its massive aperture, leading to a view of Salvation’s flight deck and the mountains around the Fleetcarrier. Gatecrasher might also spy a few of our heroes gathered on a cliff.

Topside rolls off Zepar and onto the grey rock of the cliff.

“And that’s why I prefer to do my flying from the bridge,” he quips.

Flyby transforms and lands in a crouch nearby.

“Is this everyone?” he asks, looking up.

OOC: who?

OOC: Zepar, the Splitter brothers, Delta, Wildsong, Alterion, Flyby, and Topside. There are a few more outside, but I’m not sure they can be seen right now.

IC: A flock of techno-organic birds flies between the peaks, following Salvation before veering off and disappearing.

1 Like

“My It’s beautiful here” He says to no one in particular. He notices several people up on a cliff. He transforms into his plane to go and investigate.

@BlackBeltGamer98 @Toa_Vladin
@meepinater