Salvation: Part II

“I don’t know.” He said, “It’s possible but, in theory, she could be on any one of those ships in their fleet.”

“No, still alive.”

“Isn’t that opened about a ravine?”

“Wouldn’t we be able to identify her by her insignia? Or wouldn’t Motherboard be able to find her?”

“If she’s in range, maybe.” Zepar said, “You’d have to ask Motherboard to be sure.”

Gronius nodded, turning to his dragon mode.
“Then let’s go! Let’s find her! She has to be on the bridge!”
@BlackBeltGamer98 @meepinater

“You could just call her on the comlink.” Zepar said, “Heck, she may already be listening to this conversation.”

“Oh, thank Primus,” Tumble sighs. “Woulda been a pretty bad spot on my record if I killed one of the big heroes of this voyage, wouldn’t it?”

Rough casts a glance toward Tumble.

“Yeah, yeah,” Tumble groans. “I’ll fix that…”

Obsidian and his entourage lead the shackled Brainpan and Wildsong out of the brig, to a transport hub where trains carried the Adjutant’s New Decepticon crew throughout its massive interior.

@Toa_Vladin

“Ah! Never thought at that!” Gronius said as she called Motherboard.
@Chromeharpoon

He waited.

ooc: thanks, sorry I got caught up with IRL stuff.

Thrust transforms into jet mode and flies to where the Omega Key was located.

“It sounded more threatening than a warning or a word of advice.” Sidestep remarked.

1 Like

Motherboard swiftly answers.

“Crewman Gronius,” says she, greeting the Autobot.

Tumble enters a new set of coordinates into the ground bridge controls, and the portal closes, re-opening behind Redstocker.

OOC: it’s cool.

IC:

The Omega Key could be found in the Conflux. There, Sprocket, Grommet, and Shockwave were marveling at the machinery in the chamber. Sprocket was especially elated, while Grommet appeared as though he longed to be anywhere else.

Lurch shrugs his shoulders apologetically.

“I suppose I must better mind my tone of voice,” he says.

“The voicebox has never been quite right ever since Grimlock bit into it, you see,” he adds, placing a hand on his throat.

“Hello!” Thrust greeted them. “I’ve got to snag the Key for something, but I’ll bring it back.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6513, topic:49995”]
Lurch shrugs his shoulders apologetically.

“I suppose I must better mind my tone of voice,” he says.

“The voicebox has never been quite right ever since Grimlock bit into it, you see,” he adds, placing a hand on his throat.
[/quote]

“Mmhm.” SideStep rolled his eyes.
He turned to the guards.
“Alright I’ve heard enough. Thanks for letting me talk to him.”

1 Like

Sprocket looks up from his ogling of the chamber’s machines and faces Thrust.

“What?” he asks as it takes him a second to process the Decepticon’s words.

Oh! Oh yeah, sure. Have at it.”

One of the guards nods appreciatively. Lurch only grumbles.

“May I leave now?” he hisses.

“Listen, Motherboard, we are in a critical situation. Can you please, please, please tell me that you know where Wildsong is? Can you find her coordinates?”

He turns into his car mode and rolls out into the portal, leaving the ones in the fight a little baffled by his sudden leaving.
“Uhm… Why did our coach just left?” Delta asked out loud.
@Chromeharpoon @MichaelBT-7474 @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

“I am unable to do so, crewman Gronius,” Motherboard reports.

“Using the CFC Salvation’s scanners, I can detect cybertronian life signals in and around the ship, though I lack the ability to identify individuals, or determine their exact locations.”

Redstocker would exit the portal to find himself driving straight off a rocky ledge. Fortunately, however, it wasn’t that far of a drop down to the ground below. For a cybertronian, at least.

Brainpan’s chaotic demeanor had now entirely vanished, replaced by stark terror and betrayal.

“She… she’s letting us die…” she mutters, as if in a trance. “She wants us to die…”

Gronius swore.
“Isn’t there a way to locate her? Even the slightest?”

“MISTER TUMBLE I’LL KILL YOU!” he yelled as he fell into the small ravine, before transforming back to robot mode and standing up.

“There is nothing that I can do to help locate crewwoman Wildsong,” Motherboard maintains. “However, her status after the battle on OL-2006-0-C remains ambiguous.”

Frak, man!” an aggravated Tumble swears. “I’ll get this figured out eventually!”

This ravine was part of a smaller geoglyph, with long, glowing green conduits running down its walls. Redstocker had fallen onto a grated floor, through which he could see that the ravine’s true depth extended as far as they eye could see into the crust of the planet.

Brainpan and Wildsong are led into a vast chamber within the Adjutant: a round stage that gave way to a throng of New Decepticon soldiers watching eagerly as the captives are led into view. Camera drones dart around the theater, broadcasting this macabre display throughout the Adjutant, and throughout the entire New Decepticon fleet. Obsidian’s henchmen push the Autobot and the mad scientist toward two sets of high-tech pillories built into the floor of the stage. Beside them, a Heavy Ground Trooper bearing chalk-white armor and large, two-handed axes wait silently to play their role in the proceedings.

Brainpan is practically dragged to her spot in this grim theater, still in that heavy mixture of shock and despair. Guards wielding staffs tipped with electrified prods jab at the two, forcing them onto their knees. Brainpan and Wildsong’s stasis cuffs are removed as the shorted-out inhibitor claws clatter to the floor- the guards kick these devices to the side as they drag their prisoners into the pillories, binding them by the neck and wrists (Wildsong’s second set of arms, however, remained unshackled.)

Obsidian hovers above the stage, facing the crowd, his voice rising above the buzz of his rotors as he addresses the savage spectators.

“Behold!” he cries, sweeping an arm behind him to indicate Brainpan and Wildsong.

“Behold: the lone spy who vainly sought to cast us into disarray, and the traitor who abetted her!”

The crowd boos and jeers the two, hissing a cacophony of curses and grievous insults. Some even through bits of scrap metal at the stage, though none quite reach Wildsong or Brainpan.

Obsidian casts a cruel grin from over his shoulder at the two, before continuing his monologue:

“Let their deaths serve as a warning to those of you who would think to betray our master, Bludgeon, and the New Decepticon Order! For this is the fate that awaits you!”

Obsidian turns to face the stage as a spotlight flashes on, swinging to rest on Wildsong and Brainpan. The general flies closer to the two as the executioners step in, readying their axes as their violet energy blades hiss into being.

Brainpan turns her head to look at Wildsong, silently begging for some reassurance, some comfort in these final moments.

“Any last words?” Obsidian drawls, raising his right hand. The executioners raise their axes over their blocky shoulders.

@Toa_Vladin

“Gah! Can’t you identify her by her badge? Her Autobot badge? Come on! This is how we identify a lost member!”

Redstocker started looking for a way out of the whole.

While Obsidian was busy giving his speech, Wildsong quickly made a few steps backwards, hitting one guardian next to her with one of her free hands în his guts, going for a back kick in his crouch, and then trying to disarm him with her still two free arms.

“Checking… negative. Crewwoman Wildsong’s badge number has not been reported as being found on the deceased interred in the morgues, or on any patients in the medical wings.”

Redstocker could easily just climb out; the ravine wasn’t that deep for a bot of his size.

This would be impossible for Wildsong to manage, restrained as she was within the pillory. However, two of her arms were still free.

Obsidian grins evily as he hovers above Wildsong, almost tempted to let the executioners behead her now. But, Decepticon code permitted the doomed sparks one final chance at mustering some last words. Megatron must have been in a rare good mood when he had penned them.

Brainpan looks away from Wildsong, silently shaking her head; she had nothing to say.

Hmph,” remarks Obsidian, directing his full attention to Wildsong.

He once again groaned.
“But can you see where the Adjustant is?”

He did so.

“Yeah, I have some last words.” she said, turning to Brainpan. “So, girl: what do you think about this whole situation?” she asked as she started working her free hands to break the cups open from behind her back, in the same time hoping that the extreme emotions would make Brainpan’s head blow sparks again.

“…The Decepticon supply ship Adjutant is outside of the range of the CFC Salvation’s scanners,” Motherboard says with notable hesitation in her voice, as if she was confused.

“The Twenty-sixth Decepticon Fleet is not presently within this star system.”

Redstocker was in the same grassy stretch of land as Alterion. The two weren’t even that far away from each other; Redstocker would be able to glimpse the wreck of the Knight ship beneath one of the rock spurs.

Brainpan looks back at Wildsong.

“I-…” she croaks. “I-…”

The coils on her head start to spark again.

Obsidian groans, rolling his eyes.

“Oh, please…” he spits.

Try as she might, Wildsong would be unable to undo the pillory’s restraints. Her executioner stands beside her, ready to end her life at Obsidian’s command.

“Slag!” he swore, as he closed the channel and turned to Zepar.
“Listen: do you think you can teleport here, next to the Salvation, the whole of the Adjustant? Like, the whole ship? Do you think it is a ‘concentrate hard and you will do it’ thing?”
@BlackBeltGamer98

He again turned to his robot mode and drove away.

“What do you think about the fact that you are going to die without ever having a true friend, without anybody ever respecting your merits?”

Instead, she prepares to turn her hands into two blasters and shoot at the right moment.