Salvation: Part II

Thrust nodded and grabbed the Omega Key, then transformed into jet mode, the key tucked away in his cockpit. He rocketed off through the halls towards the groundbridge, entering it once he reached it. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6515, topic:49995”]
One of the guards nods appreciatively. Lurch only grumbles.

“May I leave now?” he hisses.
[/quote]

“Ask the captains, not me.” SideStep threw over his shoulder.

As Obsidian had grabbed onto Wildsong’s ax before her slide, her attack is cut short as the general yanks her back up off the floor, driving his drill toward her chest.

As Thrust removes the Omega Key, the conflux shuts down, halting the production of Blue Cybermatter aboard Salvation and causing the floating platform to sink back into the floor.

Thrust finds himself standing with only the other Splitter brothers on the cliff, Wildsong and Gronius having re-entered the ship.

Lurch scowls.

“Follow me.” He said as he began trying to contact Motherboard for her expertise in Decepticon communications on the way to the com station in the waterfall.

She lets go of the axe, falling to the ground, before going for an in-between hit with all four of her arms.

OOC: What?

“Uhm… Uhm… Yes, but where to?”

“Crewman Zepar,” Motherboard says. “Have you recovered the next piece of the Omega Lock?”

OOC: Gronius and Zepar, I meant.

IC:

Obsidian staggers backward as Song’s fists strike him. Growling, the general raises the executioners ax, before dashing forward to bring the weapon swinging it down toward the prone Wildsong.

She slides to the side, before jumping in the air and going for a punched in his chin.
“Brainpan! You got to get up! Now!” she yelled to the Decepticon.
@Chromeharpoon

“Gronius will need your help finding his sister, meet him at the waterfall room where we found the spy’s communication equipment, he’ll explain further.” He said.

He looks at Gronius and gives him the location of the waterfall station, “…Motherboard may be able to help you but I fear the Heretics may be coming soon and we need to make sure they have as little of a chance of getting even one part of The Lock.” He told him, “Call me if you need my help.” He said before returning through the portal. (@Toa_Vladin)

“Do you have the Key?” he asked the Splitter Brother that went to retrieve on the comlink in Ancient. (@meepinater)

“I’ve got the key.” He said, looking around for Zepar.
@BlackBeltGamer98[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6548, topic:49995”]
Lurch scowls.
[/quote]

SideStep grins at Lurch.
“Suck it up, buttercup. I thought we Decepticons were tough?”

1 Like

“Affirmative,” Motherboard replies.

This makes Lurch downright irate, and draws a laugh from the security personnel flanking him.

1 Like

SideStep smiled and walked out of the room, heading towards the bridge to see what else he could do.

It just so happened that most of the bridge crew was departing from the control room, headed down to OL-2-C themselves to take part in the search for the next Omega Lock component.

“Howdy,” Topside greets SideStep as the two parties meet, smiling and nodding his head.

“SideStep,” says ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

“Return to the planet, I’ll meet you there.” He said as he stepped back through the portal.

“Already there.” Thrust replied. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6557, topic:49995, full:true”]
It just so happened that most of the bridge crew was departing from the control room, headed down to OL-2-C themselves to take part in the search for the next Omega Lock component.

“Howdy,” Topside greets SideStep as the two parties meet, smiling and nodding his head.

“SideStep,” says ■■■■■■■■■■■■.
[/quote]

“Captains.” SideStep replied, nodding.
“Y’all heading down to the surface?”

“I reckon we are,” Topside confirms.

“All I’ve done is sit in a chair and push buttons for the past month,” Breakswitch complains. “Slag yes I’m going down to the surface.”

“Y’know, I said the same thing on Omega,” Broadband warns the navigator, “and I nearly got killed, alright? There are some perks to having a desk job.”

SideStep chuckles.
“Mind if I join you?” He asked the captains.

“I was gonna ask you that question,” Topside says.

“Alrighty then.” Sidestep said.
He hefted his cane and spun it.
“Ready for duty, sirs.”

Topside nods appreciatively.

“Good bot,” he says.

“O-or 'Con. Whatever.”

SideStep nods. “Con. But it doesn’t really matter, does it?”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ fights a raised eyebrow. If other Decepticons could be so willing to cooperate with Autobots… then maybe…

Then maybe their patience deserves to be rewarded, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ decides, frowning.

Topside, on the other hand, sympathizes with SideStep.

“True that,” the Autobot captain agrees.

Obsidian recoils from the blow, holding the ax in his left hand. Reforming his right forearm into a gattling gun, he swings the weapon around and sends a storm of energon bolts streaking toward Wildsong.

Brainpan lifts her head up, glaring at Wildsong with nothing but hatred in her mismatched eyes, before-

CRACKCRACKCRACK!

Three hard light bolts hit the doctor in the back, piercing her sparkchamber. Brainpan’s expression softens, the anger fading away, as she realizes she will still die, after all, mistreated, alone, and unloved.

And so she does. The light leaves her optics as she clatters to the ground, revealing five Ground Troopers with their rifles raised. They join Obsidian in shooting at Wildsong.