Salvation: Part II

Epsilon tries to see if anyone on the ship had any idea what this spire was.

Zepar looks at Atlantis and The Splitter Brothers, introducing the Knight Echo to Gronius and acting a translator for Gronius’s sake.

Sprocket or Shockwave would likely be able to hazard a guess as to the nature of the spire.

Atlantis wordlessly waves hello to Gronius, who repeats the gesture.

“Are we ready to begin?” Zepar asked Gronius and the Splitter Brothers. (@meepinater)

“Terminals scattered around the lab…” Scorchlock continued to mutter to himself, almost as if reforming a whole scene with his mind. He took one as he kneeled, glancing at it. “But all inert and non-functional.” He lets it fall. “Scrap. Does this ship have anything functional inside?” He stood up and walked around the room to find anything of value before he would walk out of the lab and continue his research throughout the hallway.

As Scorchlock scanned the room, he found nothing of use. Only that the lab was nothing but a complete wreck without power. However, the organic components of the bizarre flora were interesting. “I’ll take a sample for the crazy Science Bots on the Salvation.” He said as he took a small circle with a cylinder capsule and took a few samples of this nasty stuff.

Scorchlock then proceeded to walk outside the lab, he looked around as he noticed that Redstocker, Alterion, and Delta were nowhere to be found. He shrugged his shoulders before he turned around and walked deeper into the ship’s hallway.

As King-Quan found himself arriving at the mountain he transformed and landed on the soil. Noticing SideStep and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ in the distance, the fellow Autobot Warrior slowly took precaution as he walked.

King-Quan walked towards them, his gaze reverted onto the doorway that was built into the base of the mountain. There was also a sentinel, he wondered what was going on so he decided to ask. “I’m here, what is going on?” He asked, looking at Breakswitch and then at ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Epsilon enters the Science wing of the ship and knocks on the door to Sprocket and Grommet’s lab.

Gronius nods his head.

Many doorways, which would lead further into the ship, were locked. Delta, Alterion, and Redstocker could be found standing before a spherical doorway at the end of a long hall.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ wordlessly gestures toward the door, and the sentinel standing before it.

The door slides open with a hiss, and Sprocket could be seen poring over the remnants of a golden machine. Grommet was nowhere to be found.

Grommet was, in fact, on the surface of OL-2-C, studying the native wildlife in the mountains. Beside him, Thrift had landed his ship on a cliff, and rests against it as he passively surveys the landscape.

“Kinda empty-feeling, this place,” the junkion comments.

“Yes,” Grommet absent-mindedly agrees. “I’ll wager we’re the first intelligent lifeforms to visit this planet in ages. Present company excluded.”

Thrift doubles over and clutches his chest, feigning a jolt of deep pain.

“Oh, agony!” the merchant cries out. “My fragile spark!”

Facelift, meanwhile, was getting some fresh air- that’s what he had told the insecticon queen, anyway. In all honesty, he was just looking to spend some time away from her hand her brood.

“If Topside wasn’t such a nice guy, I swear…” he mutters.

Topside was, at that moment, unknowingly nearing the mysterious spire with Flyby and Broadband beside him.

The deactivation of the Omega Conflux had momentarily put a halt to Shockwave’s plans, and so the cyclops wanders the ship, drawing up new designs for his lab on his datapad.

Lurch walks along a catwalk on Salvation’s exterior, fuming.

Obsidian sighs as he deactivates a comm terminal, having just endured a blistering reprimand from Bludgeon. One Autobot and her turncoat friend shouldn’t have caused so much trouble, especially for him. Obsidian had failed, and he didn’t need Bludgeon’s condescension and holier-than-thou attitude to know it.

The general was not the only target of Bludgeon’s wrath, however.

“How long has that artifact been present aboard my ship, corrupting the minds of my scientists?” the warlord growls, glaring at a hologram of Lockdown.

“Long enough to put its effects to use toward your crusade,” the bounty hunter coldly retorts. “This isn’t my first time handling Dark Energon; the proper measures have been taken to mitigate its effects.”

Bludgeon scowls. To think that Lockdown would go behind the back of his employer… perhaps he’d been to generous in his initial assumption of his character. The longer this chase endured, the more the warlord became aware of such insubordination.

“Have you considered the effect it will have on your payment, bounty hunter?” he chastises Lockdown.

What payment?” the mercenary scoffs. “Nearly two months into this job, and I haven’t seen so much as one shanix of what you promised me. Both parties must keep their end of the bargain, Bludgeon…”

“…Otherwise,” Lockdown continues after a pause, lowering his tone, “well… the outcome wouldn’t be pleasant for either of us…”

Epsilon carefully approaches Sprocket, “What are you working on?” He asked.

“Oh this?” Sprocket asks, pointing to the machine.

“Just an old mining tool Gronius found a while back. Haven’t had the change to tinker with it until now.”

1 Like

Scorchlock walked towards them, noticing a spherical doorway at the end of the long hall. “What’s up?” He asked them, as he got in front and glanced at the door.

King-Quan arched his metal-eyebrow before going towards the Sentinel. “Greetings.” He said with opened arms.

“Trying to get through this door,” Redstocker says gruffly.

“But, surprise surprise, blasting it with a shotgun is proving ineffective,” Alterion deadpans.

The sentinel draws its sword and strikes a battle-ready stance.

Leave this place!” it commands, shouting in Ancient Cybertronian.

Scorchlock glanced at the door before he took is ion rifle out. “Step aside.” He warned as he pointed the rifle at the door and began to fire at it.

King-Quan rose his hands, showing a specific body language that would let the Sentinel know he wasn’t a threat. “At ease, warrior.” King-Quan spoke in that very Ancient Cybertronian with a certain accent to it, just because he hasn’t spoken in that language for quite some time.

Epsilon nods, “Interesting.” He said.

The blasts leave sizable scorch marks upon the ancient metal, but beyond that, the door does not yield.

The sentinel lowers his sword.

Sprocket nods his head enthusiastically.

“Yeah, it is” he says excitedly. “I’ve seen stuff like this on Artemis before, but handheld energon harvesters are pretty hard to come by.”

Scorchlock sighed as he glanced at them. “Is there no other way to open up that baby?” He asked, as he arching his metal-eyebrow.

Why wouldn’t you…grant us passage through…?” King-Quan asked the Sentinel.

Redstocker shakes his head.

“Not unless we get a bigger gun, maybe,” he suggests.

“If the ship had power, we could get it open,” Delta speculates, “but I don’t think this wreck’s had so much as a drop of energon in its tanks for ages.”

You are not worthy,” the sentinel asserts. “Only those who bear the mark may pass.

“I think so?” Thrust asked.

ooc: sorry, I was out for a week[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6899, topic:49995”]
King-Quan would happen upon SideStep, captain ■■■■■■■■■■■■, and Breakswitch as they stand before a doorway built into the base of a mountain, trying in vain to converse with a hard-light sentinel guarding the gateway.

“Ba-weep graaanahg weep ni no bong,” the sentinel repeats in its gravelly, rumbling voice.

“Yes, yes, we know!” Breakswitch groans, rolling her pink eyes.
[/quote]

SideStep exaggeratedly nods. “Yes! We get it!”

1 Like

Scorchlock had an idea, but it revolved in risking one of his grenades for it. “I got something that can pack the punch.” He took one of Shockwave’s experimental grenades. “I just need to know if, we are out of options or not. They weren’t cheap.” The fellow Wrecker said.

King-Quan appeared to be confused at first, how were they not worthy? They were risking their lives every day to find the four keys of the Omega Lock. "Tell me…Warrior. " King-Quan began. “How does one…requier…this mark you speak of?” He asked.

If you do not have it,” the sentinel replies, “then you are not worthy.

“What is it saying?” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ asks King-Quan.

SideStep glanced at King-Quan.
“You can understand it?”

Atlantis nods his head solemnly.

Very good,” he says. The far wall of the chamber begins to ■■■■■, revealing a lift beyond.

Proceed, then,” the echo bids the party, gesturing toward the lift.