Salvation: Part II

SideStep glanced at Greasemonkey.
“Yeah, that’s true. And a problem. It could be literally anyone. Well, almost.”
He entered the hideout and looked for footage of the spy since he had last visited. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8111, topic:49995”]
Spectrum is able to get the two scientists up and moving again, leaning on each other for support.

“Thanks, little guy,” Sprocket wheezes. “Owe ya one.”
[/quote]

“W-w-w-welc-come!” Spectrum chirped. She looked around for another patient.

1 Like

Sigh… so much trouble. he thought, before sitting on his usual spot, and letting the silence surround.

“Looking for parts Junkion! I was told you might have some!” He replied.

“To intrude is to make oneself present where they are unwelcome,” Shockwave says, not bothering to look up from his dented armor. “No, you are not, at present, intruding.”

The hideout was small, and dimly lit. The glow of multiple arrays of monitors and power conduits snaking along the floor were the only sources of light. Many of their screens were blank, though some displayed live feeds from security cameras on the bridge, deck three’s medical bay, the bars in Little Iacon, and the Omega Conflux. Holo-projectors hastily set up along the walls displayed profiles of various crewmembers, among them the captains of Salvation and all of our heroes (read: the PCs).

SideStep
Decepticon
Alternate Mode: terran automobile (no known offensive capabilities)
Subject #432786 of sleeper agent project: Black Rose
(Test Specimen for improved neural network overwrite procedures- results inconclusive)
Weapons: axe, pistols, hologram projector built into cane (recently modified with Golden Age-era technology obtained on OL-2006-0-C…

Little Iacon was indeed silent, as many of Salvation’s crew were either elsewhere within the massive Fleetcarrier or still in the gorge. The only sounds were the grumblings of technicians within the spy’s hideout, the chirping of avian mechanimals echoing within the main hangar, and the subtle hum of the ship’s engines.

“You were told truly, my friend!” Thrift affirms, nodding his head. “But you’ll have to pay for 'em first.”

Spectrum’s commlink chirps.

“This is Salvo to all ranking medical personnel,” the quartermaster’s contralto voice announces, “there’s a big fella in hangar 2 who needs some patching up. Might wanna send a small team.”

“That was the general assumption yes. Do you have any; form factor L11 circut boards, 37 frequency postive pole 357 volt transistors, or X27 casings?” He asked, listing these parts from memory.

“Excelent.”
Brieg said pleasantly.

“I was hoping I could ask a favor of you. One scientist to another.”

Thrift walks up to his ship and swipes a datapad from a shelf extending from it’s side.

“Can’t say yes or no from memory, I’m afraid,” he says, “but I’ll check this here inventory and…”

The junkion’s voice trails off as he reads the list on the pad’s screen, raising an eyebrow a couple times as he sees some items he’d forgotten he had.

“Wait, I have one of those? Huh… hope nobody’s looking too hard for that…”

“What’s that element’s half-life again…?”

“Boy howdy, I sure hope I’ve got the casing for that, else-… yeah, I’m sure we’re fine…”

Shockwave looks up from his wounds, realizing who he was speaking to.

“What is it?” he asks.

A flash of concern crosses Darkside’s face, but he quickly schools his features while he waits for Thrift to finish.

Thrift lowers the datapad and looks back up at Darkside, giving the Decepticon a thumbs-up.

Yup!” he says. “I got 'em!” he says. “They’re in some prototypes I got from Velocitron thirty years back- don’t ask how, I’m pretty sure the Autobot Council still thinks Swindle did it.”

“How many do you have?” He asked.

“I’ve been trying to replicate your cloning technology, but have been lacking success. I was hoping I could borrow your schematics so that I may complete this little pet project of mine.”

“How many do you need?” Thrift replies.

Shockwave cocks his head to one side.

“How curious,” he notes. “In the fifty-two days, thirteen hours, nine minutes, and seventeen-point-nine-seven seconds that I have been aboard the Salvation, you are the first to ask for my expertise in cloning. Even captains Topside and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ have largely left me to my own devices.”

Brieg smiled eagerly.
“So how about it? Will you help me?”

“As many as you have.” He replied, it would be good stock up.

There is a moment of silence as Shockwave considers Breig’s proposal.

“The ability to generate cloned assets would grant us another advantage against the New Decepticon Order,” he decides. “Against my better judgement, knowing your reputation, I will agree to assist you.”

Hm,” Thrift remarks. “Well then, I’ve got five of the circuit boards, ten of those transistors, and two X27s. Well, technically I’ve got six of those boards, but the last one’s got a whole burned through it from when I… ah, never mind.”

Thrift looks around the hangar for any eavesdroppers.

“Gotta be careful not to say anything too incriminating, y’know?” he chuckles.

“Splendid!”
Brieg said happily.
“All I require are some schematics. I’ll be able to handle the rest myself.”

“Right… well, I’ll take them all, excluding the burnt-out board.”

“Negative,” Shockwave says. “Considering your reputation, I will remain in your company.”

Thrift nods.

“Probably a good idea,” he says.

“Now, all that’ll set you back 500 shanix, unless you’ve got something interesting to trade for 'em.”

I beg your pardon? You of all people are no one to talk about reputations.”
Breig said. Noticeably offended.

“The Decepticon Empire owes its most important victories and overall technological superiority to my creations,” Shockwave says in his usual deep monotone, “And Autobot intelligence regards me as the most brilliant cybertronian mind alive today, despite my engaging in activities and projects that they deem ‘immoral’. You were only assigned to this voyage after the selection committee was persuaded to make an order to keep you away from anything that could be used to create an explosion unsupervised. An order which I doubt has been adhered to.”

1 Like

“That I lack, so I’ll give you the Shanix” he said, Counting out the required amount and handing them over.