Salvation: Part II

Gronius and Alterion were behind the captains.

The statues of the first twelve Knights of Cybertron stood ten miles tall, constructed from metal and built into the cliffs around Salvation. Though rust and overgrowth adorned their features, they had endured time’s march well.

“Yes?” Corona says to Zepar. “What is it?”

Hm,” Bludgeon reacts.

“A pity then, that we are enemies, if our objectives do indeed align.”

The officers allow Topside and Epsilon through.

“I, however, am not doing it for Primus.”

“What can you share with me that would be absolute and irrefutable proof you do indeed have visions of the future?” Zepar asked, wanting to know, once and for all, the validity of her claim so he may put such disputes to rest.

Epsilon brings Topside into the hallway.

SideStep burst through the surface of the water.
“Well, that was an interesting experience.” He mused.

“Then what for?” Bludgeon asks, his tone and body language becoming slightly more hostile.

There, he and Topside could see Wildsong conversing with Bludgeon.

“If you’ve spoken with Sidewinder,” Corona says, “I’m sure he will tell you that I foresaw your arrival to this planet.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ snorts, while Thrift nods his head.

“Works for me,” the junkion comments.

Sprocket nods.

“Interesting?” he repeats. “Try: groundbreaking, man! This could lead to advancements in medicine, launch new colonization programs- those were probably the most important five minutes in cybertronian history since the War of the Primes! Totally worth the shanix I’ll have to pay to get my legs repainted.”

“For the Transformers, for my people, and for the good of our race, ethnicities, and species.”

“Scrap.” Epsilon said, “Song, end the transmission right now, please.” He said nervously. (@Toa_Vladin)

“Tell me, what does the future hold for our people in about, say, twenty million years?” He asks. He does see that her statement did provide some proof but predicting something so far in advance was something that usually tripped up those that used the gift of prophecy and foresight in scams.

1 Like

Song didn’t heard him.

Epsilon got closer and repeated himself, a bit more clearly this time.

Bludgeon, though, did, and the Decepticon warlord tilts his head.

“And who might that be?” he asks.

“Well, well,” Topside says to Bludgeon, “wasn’t expecting our next meeting to happen quite like this, truth be told.”

“Now with that voice, I am familiar,” Bludgeon says. “I, too, was expecting our next confrontation to be on the battlefield, captain Topside.”

“You may have noticed I made reference to a first Golden Age earlier,” Corona says with a wry smile.

“Y’know, I was just about to say something 'bout that,” Thrift comments.

Song turned quickly to the newcomers, a mix of shock and confusion on her face.

“Wait. What are you trying to tell us?” Alterion asked.

SideStep chuckled.
“Wanna go rub it in Grommet’s face?” He asked.

“Nothing,” Corona replies. “The future is not set in stone, Alterion; what I see are merely impressions of what may come to pass. With luck, the eons ahead will be prosperous for our people.”

Frak yeah, I do!” Sprocket exclaims.

Topside was masking a similar sense of surprise. The Autobot walked around the room so that he could look Bludgeon in the eye.

SideStep nods and transforms, driving off towards Grommet.

Song made two steps backwards, observing the two.

“My that’s impressive.” he says with a sense of awe. “What do you think Deus?”

“So, you have seen that there is, potentially, another Golden Age in our future should we succeed?” Zepar asked.

Epsilon reaches towards the panel to hang up the call.

Song stopped him.

“Aw,” beams Blight, shuffling across the ground. “I’m happy to.”