Salvation: Part II

“Why are you stopping me?” He asks, trying to break out of her grip.

“Let Bludgeon talk.”

“I mean, I think it was pretty obvious that a new Golden Age would start if we won.” Gronius said.

“You help everyone, your such a nice person. Not like me.”

Sprocket follows in his helicopter mode.

Deus gives another thumbs-up.

“Anything could happen,” Corona says with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Can’t say I’m too interested in what he has to say,” Topside says.

“A shame,” responds Bludgeon. “In your ignorance, you still fail to see reason. You had your chance, Autobot; I will not offer you another. We could have joined forces, led our kind into a new age together, but you and your crew have chosen to join the sinners, heretics, and aberrations who will burn in the cleansing flames.”

“My my; now that don’t sound very heroic and well-adjusted to me,” Topside quips, smirking.

He turns to Epsilon and Wildsong. “How 'bout it? Am I right, or am I right?”

“Can you say ‘good’ Deus?” He holds up a thumb. “Good. This is good.”

SideStep skids to a halt in front of Grommet.

“You’d use a tool of healing as a weapon, holding our entire race hostage?” Epsilon asked.

Zepar nodded, “Either way, this is enough for me.” He said.

Deus opens and closes his mouth, but no sound comes out. A confused look crosses his face.

Sprocket transforms and drops onto the ground.

“Guess who’s back, glitch!” the Autobot scientist gloats. “Eat it!”

Grommet only rolls his eyes.

“I see not even the healing properties of cybermatter could cure your insufferable disposition,” he deadpans.

“Yeah, well maybe you should go for a swim sometime,” Sprocket retorts. “It might work out that stick up your tailpipe.”

Grommet throws his head back and groans in frustration.

Corona only nods.

“I would use the Omega Lock for its intended purpose,” refutes Bludgeon. “I will cleanse the wounds in our civilization that been allowed fester for eons! Wipe away the filth that has been allowed to pollute our society! I will restore our race to its rightful status in the galaxy!”

“Can you make any noise at all?” he asked.

SideStep chuckles.

Blight stops moving. “What? Come on, you’re one of the nicest people I’ve met!”

“But you’ve been helping people a lot longer. Your a much better person than me for doing it that long!”

“Pfft!” Blight snickered. “How would you know that? Oh, I guess I told you. But, hey, it took me until I was at least twenty-thousand to get there! You’ve still got plenty of time to beat me there!”

Deus tries to produce a sound- any sound, but none comes out.

Sprocket continues to rub his “victory” in Grommet’s face, while Grommet silently endures his taunting.

“It’s like Brainstorm used to always say: ‘fortune favors the brave’, dude. Granted, most of what Brainstorm did, I’d described more as ‘suicidal’ or ‘batslag insane’, but, uh, it’s about the principle, I guess.”

1 Like

Suddenly, SideStep clutched his head, some of the memories flooding back.

“I guess.” She says, not entirely convinced.

“That might be a problem” he said, then stopped for a moment. He looked around for a stick. When he found one, he handed it to Deus. “Do you think you can write good?” He asked.

The two scientists are pulled from their squabbling and turn their attention to SideStep.

Deus looks at the branch, turning it over in his hands.

1 Like

“I guess not.” he takes the stick from Deus, and writes ‘Deus’ in the dirt. “Deus” he points at the word in the dirt.

SideStep writhed in pain as images flashed at the speed of light through his head. As each image passed he gained another part of his former self.

“What?” Blight wonders. “Learning that you aren’t exactly the most important bot in the universe? That takes time. You’re actually ahead, in my book. By a few thousand years, at least. Plus, all the jerks who are older than me but still haven’t learned that!”