Salvation: Part II

“Oh… are, are you okay?” She asked, fretting over him.

Epsilon (and shortly after him, Gatecrasher) would be able to walk all the way to the center of the lake, where the spectral image of the Star Saber hovered.

Spectrum could now reach the empty space in the holographic ring where the sphere appeared to fit. Facelift and the male guard away as they attempt to remain upright and in one place.

The logs reported that large quantities of cybermatter (curiously, the cyberglyphics seemed to imply that there were four variants of the substance) were being sent to a facility on the south continent, along with machinery Zepar, and perhaps even Sprocket, had never heard of before. They also made reference to various members of the Thirteen- mostly Solus Prime- frequently visiting the planet.

“Sorry, kid!” Salvo calls after Delta. “I’ve got work to do!”

Halfrunner gives a good-natured smirk. In a deadpan, he begins to recite a lengthy spiel:

"Well then… me name’s Halfrunner of the Badlands, I’m ferrum-positive, me alt-mode’s a terran big rig- I chose the colors meself, 'cause they’re badaft- I’m turning 43,792 tomorrow…

Forcep sets to work on Blight’s eye. It wasn’t a simple procedure, but the old doctor almost made it look like one with the speed precision with which he carried out the operation. Tiny cutters remove the lense to allow small claws to move the interior mechanisms of the optic back into place. For Blight, it wouldn’t be the most comfortable experience, but Forcep had taken care to numb the pain.

“Do you realize those three were up to something?” the doctor comments, speaking to both Juliana and Blight.

Blackbeak rested on the ground nearby, still in stasis while his body mended the wound wrought by Sprocket’s cannon.

“Then I’ll search for you when I find Blackbeak!”

“Wow uhm… Happy birthday!”

“Other than looking for random artifacts, not really” Juliana answered.

Zepar continued reading, committing as much as he could to memory.

“That is a cool looking sword there.” He noted as he closely examined it, he then looked around for anyone with a camera thinking that someone was pulling a prank. Seeing nobody like that he reaches out to grab the sword so he could get a feel for it and look at the little details some more.

“I think?” he grumbled, not too sure. “Oh, that tickles. Not in a funny way.”

Salvo climbs into the cockpit of her mech and walks off down the bridge, leaving Delta to pursue other ventures.

“Why, thank you!” says Halfrunner with a smile.

“But why lie about- hold still please,” Forcep begins to prompt Juliana, before interrupting himself to scold Blight.

Suddenly, the Omega Key’s conduits flash, their blue light intensifying as the room around Zepar begins to fade away, and a new chamber filled with massive, complex machines begins to take its place.

For a fleeting moment, Epsilon could feel his fingers coming to rest against the cool, smooth metal of the Star Saber’s hilt…

…and then the blade, and the ghosts on the far shore, vanish. The water then decides to obey physics again, and Epsilon and Gatecrasher (@ProfSrlojohn) would find themselves plummeting down to the bottom of the lake like stones. Fortunately, it was a shallow lake… by the standards of giant robots, at least.

1 Like

“Lie about what?” She asked.

Gatecrasher threw up his arms against the splash of water.

“Well, that was odd.” He observed.

She then flied away, searching for her pet.

“So uhm… Can you tell me what happened to the cube? I heard it got stolen.”

Zepar, startled, steps back from the key, watching the room as he tries to figure out what was happening.

Epsilon stumbles into the lake and gets to his feet, “Okay, I must be going crazy.” He said, “Because I was able to touch that sword and, somehow walk on water.”

“Oh, sorry,” Blight whimpered.

1 Like

“Sprocket said they were getting drinks,” Forcep says as he works. “Didn’t you hear Shockwave call him out on that?”

Halfrunner’s eyes widen.

“That’s news to me,” he says. “Last I heard, it was in the lab after some angelicon used to fix up that ancient ship and make some bugs.”

The Omega Key was projecting a hologram over the control room, similar to how it displayed the map in its datatrax. Zepar was now standing in a cavernous round chamber, spherical in shape, with a platform wrapping around a yawning pit teeming with massive crystal formations of red, green, purple, and blue. Each crystal glowed brightly, and wisps of energy emanated from the formations and coalesced around a circular platform positioned above the pit, connected to the platform by a short bridge. Something on the platform shone with an intense blue-white aura.

The figure of a cybertronian knight- lanky, bronze-armored, and of average height- materializes to Zepar’s right.

Solus just hit a new record,” the Knight softly chuckles in Ancient. "A week straight hammering away at that thing, without so much as taking a second to catch her breath. Megatronus had to carry her out of the room this morning, she was so exhausted. I guess even demigods need to recharge every now and then…

The party would find that the strange whispers had also ceased.

2 Likes

Spectrum attempted to place the ball in the empty space.

Through Spectrum could reach the empty space, whatever mechanisms that once held the sphere in the air had ceased to function long ago. If Spectrum released it, it would just fall on top of her.

1 Like

Spectrum sighed and clambered down the tower of robots.
She placed the sphere back into its resting place and continued to look around the room.

Facelift and the male guard, no longer able to support each other, collapse in a heap, hitting the ground with an echoing crash.

Around the room were more fallen spheres, religious artwork, and crystal formations.

@meepinater

1 Like

“Yes? Why would that be suspicious?” she asked.

“What was that all about?” Gatecrasher wondered aloud.

“What’s going on?”

She would pass Forcep and Shockwave as she was searching for Blackbeak.

“Angelicon? Zepar?”

“Why would Sprocket want to stop Shockwave from telling you what they were doing?” Forcep further questions. “Why would he lie?”

Halfrunner shrugs his shoulders.

“I wouldn’t know,” he says.