Salvation: Part II

“You found Gatecrasher?”

He smiled politely.
“Thank you.”

“What should we do then? Leave?”

Broadband’s answer is drowned out by static.

The Decepticon guard rolls his eyes.

“Unfortunately,” the Autobot guard says. "The decontamination baths are in pieces with the rest of the ship.

“Why would we do that?” Salvo asks. The gunsmith begins to investigate the room.

“You hear me?”

“Oh… Is there another way?”

“OK…”

“if you say so ma’am.” GC said, with an air of disbelief, but not her, but at himself, for the thought that he was involved.

OOC: Gah! i keep trying to get to C rank, but you keep shutting it down! :stuck_out_tongue:

Laslow did the same.

“Why do the Decepticons and Autobots hate each other? What did one do to the other?” She asked.

Broadband’s only reply is more static.

“Stew in your filth like you deserve?” the Decepticon guard grumbles.

“Okay, is treating prisoners humanely just an Autobot thing?” the Autobot guard snaps at his cohort.

“Guess so,” the Decepticon guard retorts. “Waste of resources, that is.”

Salvo’s optics linger on the Omega Key.

NO!” Corona, Sidewinder, and various pilgrims within the room cry out in response to Facelift’s suggestion.

“Oh come on! What’s so bad about me?” Facelift wonders.

Forcep sighs.

“The Decepticons want to subjugate organic life and rule the galaxy,” he explains. “They’ve slaughtered billions in their conquest. The Autobots and their allies are the only ones who’ve been able to stand against them.”

“If we are going to do it, it MUST be Nova Prime. If not, the prophecy will have no meaning.”

“Really? The decepticons I’ve met don’t seem like that at all.”

“Prophecy shmophecy!” Facelift exclaims, throwing up his hands. “This is Nova Prime we’re talking about. If you think I’m a psycho, you should read about him some time.”

“Speaking of Nova, I happen to have what I’m told is one of his fingers in my inventory,” Thrift cuts in. “It’s a little corroded due to the acid, but I’d put it at around…”

The merchant’s voice trails off as Corona and Sidewinder glare daggers into him.

“Oooo… bad time to advertise?” Thrift guesses.

“And not every Autobot is a shining exemplar of justice and morality,” Forcep replies.

“You all can decide what you want, but I will say this. The winners write the history books.” GC stated.

“then why fight at all?”

She took off and searched for a better spot.

“I assure you sure. I am not a waste of resources.”

“What are you looking at?” she said, standing with the back at the key.

Song would be able to notice that the rest of the party had entered the forge.

The signal was still poor. A better spot was mot likely to be found anywhere nearby.

“And if we wish to be in a position to write the history books, we should proceed,” Corona says.

" 'Sides," Thrift says. “If Nova turns goes all face-heel turn on us, we can just throw him in acid again, right?” Thrift suggests.

Sure,” the Decepticon guard remarks.

“Somebody left the Omega Key here,” Salvo says examining it and the console it was plugged into.

Delta would be able to see the extensive model of Salvation, surrounded by holograms detailing the various repairs and upgrades being made to her.

“Because no matter what certain individuals in the factions may be like, the Decepticon ideology is vile and oppressive; the Autobots are fighting to preserve the freedom of the galaxy,” Forcep explains.

“…At least, that was the mindset for the last five centuries,” he sighs.

“If you are as good at your job as you claim to be, that will be harder than you think.”

“Government’s don’t always represent the mindset of the people. Or so Craig used to say”

“Slag!” she said as she gave up and entered inside.

“Just google my name.”

“What should we do with it?”

“Oh, I am but a humble merchant, sir,” Thrift says with a chuckle.

“Having gotten a good look at this shell, this guy’d need more than an acid bath to bring down,” Facelift says.

When she rejoined the group, she’d find them descending a set of stairs.

“I, uh, guess I owe you an apology,” Sprocket awkwardly says.

“We know who you are, Redst-” the Autobot guard begins to say, before suddenly stopping himself.

He was aware who Redstocker was, which begged the following question.

Wait… how are you walking?”

“I dunno,” Salvo says. “Though I’ll take a guess and say this is what took the ship apart.”

“Exactly my point.”

“Okay, you’re confusing me, man,” Facelift says, shaking his head. “Are you with me or against me here?”

Just then, a communications console haphazardly connected to the ancient machinery of the room flickers to life, displaying a projection of a chaaran transformer with a greebly, industrial alt-mode.

“Lady Corona!” the bot urgently yells, to which the prophet sharply redirects her attention. “I bring grim tidings from the east observatory.”

“And the plot doth thicken!” Thrift comments.

“What is it?” Corona asks the messenger. “Speak quickly!”

“A fleet of ships had entered orbit,” the messenger says. “They are cybertronian- warships, my lady. They bear the Decepticon insignia!”

Hm,” Forcep reacts. It seemed that the doctor wouldn’t disclose his opinions on that matter.

“For what?”

“Oh, this? I dunno. I just do now.”

“Should I…” she aaked, raising her hand to grab it.

“Slag! How did they find us so fast!?” GC exclaimed, and raced out the building and tried to see if he could see them.

Juliana clammed up as well.

“Y’know, for getting in your face about stealing the cube,” Sprocket says. “Y’know, if it wasn’t you this time.”

The party would bear witness to Gatecrasher running past them.

“…Well, now we know we’re in the right place,” Lurch drawls.

Outside, Gatecrasher wouldn’t be able to see Bludgeon’s fleet. It was likely that they hadn’t yet reached this part of the planet.

The Autobot guard activates his comlink.

Forcep raises a hand to his “ear” as a voice comes through his comlink.

“Hey, uh, doc Forcep?” the voice of the Autobot guard says. “We’ve got ourselves a divine miracle up here… or something… I dunno, just come check it out.”

Salvo shrugs and backs away.

“Slag. No signs of them.” GC transformed, and took off.

Juliana piped up. “Can I follow you?” She asked.

“Ah. Oh. Its nothing!”

######“Can I use it for my experiments?” she quickly whispered.

Redstocker waited patiently.

Delta put the sleeping Blackbeak down, spit in her hands, rubbed them together, quickly made the cross once, and then caught the key, attempting to take it.