Salvation: Part II

Blight scrambled after her, sprinting through the attack.

Pixel scanned him and quickly attempted to transform.

Spectrum sinks under the hand.
“No, no, n-n-n-n-n…” Spectrum sputtered. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:3774, topic:49995”]
The missiles strike the turret and destroy it in an impressive explosion, but another picks up where it left off, firing a volley of missiles at the three.
[/quote]

The three jets spin in three different directions.

If the two were outside, they could see a path in the jungle, caused by what seemed to be a large vehicle bulldozing through the techno-organic trees, created very recently. On the horizon, they could see the spaceport island in flames as the Heretic fleet bombarded it.

Topside kneels down beside Spectrum.

“Come on,” he says gently. “We can’t stay here.”

Facelift lay on the floor, unable to stand with his leg in its current state. The cyclops groans as he holds a clawed hand over the burnt metal.

So too do the missiles, having each acquired the energy signatures being given off by the Splitters’ sparks. The speed toward the jets, gaining on them quickly.

The DJ and the rest of the survivors had not taken notice of Pixel.

Spectrum sighed and stood up.
She dejectedly walked over to Facelift and began to help him.
She sniffled as she worked.

Vigor turns around mid-air and fires at the missile.
Thrust flies straight at the ship.
Lightshift deployed flares.

Zepar immediately follows the path.

“I shoulda said no…” Facelift laments. “Shoulda gutted those guys the moment I woke up in their trailer…”

■■■■■■■■■■■■, Shockwave, and Thrift follow in their vehicle modes. On the horizon, great pillars of smoke rise from the spaceport island.

“At this rate, they’ll be slaughtered!” Grommet grimly predicts. “And Bludgeon’ll fish the Omega Key from the rubble!”

“The port’s gotta have some defenses, right?” Thrift hopes. “If it can take a Fleetcarrier apart in two hours, I’d like to see what it can do to those grease-lickers!”

The missile chasing Vigor is destroyed in a bright red explosion.

Thrust’s missile continues to give chase, gaining vast amounts of ground with each moment.

Lightshift’s missile cannot track his spark through the flares’ interference; its systems confounded, it spirals off and crashes onto the hull of one of the assault ships.

A turret beside Blight and Juliana, manned by a determined pilgrim rises and takes aim at the hostile warships overhead, but a bolt of crimson plasma lances clean through both turret and bot, producing another explosion.

Half the pilgrim’s city was now destroyed, reduced to rubble, and the rest was soon to follow with how the battle was progressing. The weapons the pilgrims currently had access to were no match for a Decepticon fleet, and Salvation’s crew stood little chance without their Fleetcarriers’ mighty weapons. Some flying bots take after Actaeon and the Splitter brothers and try to fly up through the barrage, but many are struck down, and those that make it above the onslaught could inflict little damage upon the warships.

Spectrum shook her head.
“N0va b@d.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:3791, topic:49995”]
The missile chasing Vigor is destroyed in a bright red explosion.
[/quote]

Vigor cheers, before firing at the turret.

At the last second before hitting the ship and being struck by the missile, Thrust points his nose straight down and flies as fast as possible away. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:3791, topic:49995”]
Lightshift’s missile cannot track his spark through the flares’ interference; its systems confounded, it spirals off and crashes onto the hull of one of the assault ships.
[/quote]

Lightshift spins and fires at the damage, hoping to cripple the ship.

“Yeah, I think I’ve figured that out by now,” Facelift says, indicating his leg.

Vigor’s shots paint long scorch marks on the turret’s armor as it fires another missile.

The missile attempts to follow, but ends up hitting the hull of the ship, detonating as it did so.

The damage the missile had inflicted was minimal in the grand scheme of things, but Lightshift’s attack added to it somewhat.

Another turret on the hull swivels around and fires a burst of plasma at the bot.

Spectrum nodded sadly and continued her work on the leg, repairing the internal damage and then closing up the wound. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:3793, topic:49995”]
Vigor’s shots paint long scorch marks on the turret’s armor as it fires another missile.
[/quote]

Vigor blasts at the missile. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:3793, topic:49995”]
The missile attempts to follow, but ends up hitting the hull of the ship, detonating as it did so.
[/quote]

Thrust chuckled and fired directly at the spot where the missile hit.

Lightshift spins out of the way and fires at the turret.

Zepar growled in frustration, he wanted, oh how he so desperately wanted it, to tear Nova’s Spark out of him but he knew that would leave himself weakened and unable to complete the mission he was sent to do.

“Find a Ground Bridge, I will go after Nova.” He growled.

As soon as Nemesis escaped, Song tried her best to track him down in her dragon mode.

Delta and Blackbeak were trying to get on the bridge without getting killed by Bludgeon’s ships, trying to find Salvo.
Gronius was also trying to get to safe space.

@Chromeharpoon

Facelift stands up, wincing.

“Thanks, little lady,” he says.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ and company veer off to do just that, except for Shockwave, who remains with Zepar.

Sprocket’s voice sounds over the comlinks of our heroes on the south continent.

“Uh, hey, I see a white big rig making tracks through the jungle. Friend of anybody’s?”

On the beach, Salvo and a small group of bots had taken refuge in a cave extending into the cliffs. The shore had nothing to shield our heroes from the Heretic’s barrage; craters of glass, rubble, and mangled, smoldering cybertronian body parts litter the sand.

“Kid!” Salvo shouts over the gunfire. “Get in here!”

The towers of the spaceport seemed to be withstanding the onslaught better than the makeshift buildings of the pilgrims’ city below it.

The missile explodes a safe distance away from Vigor.

Thrust’s weapons inflict minimal damage to the battleship’s hull.

This time, Lightshift inflicts a crippling blow on the turret. Arcs of electricity race down its frame as it falls limp, flames issuing from its sides.

“A what?” she asked, still following Nemesis.

As soon as the two saw the cave, they swooped inside of it, the momentum making them unable to stop in time to not hit the ground or somebody that was standing in their way.

He headed towards the towers, cursing.

Zepar keeps following Nova’s trial.

Epsilon was kinda stuck at the workshop, “Uh, can anyone give me a lift?” He called out.

“A truck,” Sprocket clarifies. “Like the one Ultra Magnus turns into. He’s really burning rubber!”

The growl of a powerful engine could be heard close ahead. Zepar and company were gaining on Nova.

Facelift assumes his alt-mode: a cybertronian tank crowned with a sizable electromagnetic cannon.

“Hop on,” he deadpans.

Salvo takes the impact, stopping the two dead in their tracks.

“And I thought the blizzards on Clemency were bad!” she grimly quips.

“Sure, you’d freeze your skidplate off, but at least the snowflakes weren’t packing high-yield explosives!”

The Heretic’s barrage continued; the air was filled with bolts of plasma and rockets that fell down like hail upon the city and its inhabitants. Many flying bots meet their end as a projectile strikes them from above, blowing them to pieces.

Spectrum nodded again and looked around the room for any more injured.

Vigor cheers and focuses his fire on the hull, as did Thrust.

Lightshift flew towards the damaged turret and transformed, landing on the hull. He attempted to rip out hunks of the turret so that he could enter the ship.

Most of the other survivors seemed able to stand and fight.

The muffled rumble of distant explosions resounds through the walls of the forge.

The Splitter’s actions would not avail them in finding a way inside, though they had managed to draw the attention of two of the Heretics’ number…

Lightning flashes as a terran starfighter bearing the purple and green livery of Banzaitron, and a sleek, silver cybertronian jet- the until-now-unseen Thunderblast- dart through the clouds, weaving around one another as bursts of fire from their weapons tear into our heroes’ airborne allies. The two blast apart a bomber attempting to make a desperate attack run on a supply ship, before veering sharply through the flames and barreling toward the ship on which the Splitter’s crawled.

The two transform to robot mode and land in a crouch on a raised piece of black hull plating. Banzaitron stands upright, making a show of cracking his neck as he draws a rifle in his right hand, and brandishes one of his swords in the other.

Behind him, Thunderblast readies her rocket launcher as a manic, murderous grin spreads across her face. Her armor shone brightly, with not a scratch on its polished surface- vanity was another one of her many vices.

Banzaitron points the tip of his sword at the Splitters, as a silvery sheath of plasma spreads up from the hilt and around the blade’s edge.

“I don’t what’s special about you three,” he says pridefully, “but Teach told me to give you guys a good fight. You’re gonna wish he hadn’t…”

Spectrum looked up.
“Th3y need help.” She mused. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:3802, topic:49995”]
The Splitter’s actions would not avail them in finding a way inside, though they had managed to draw the attention of two of the Heretics’ number…
[/quote]

Vigor squinted at Banzaitron. “Are you that one dude? From the television show? Y’know, the really dopey one about cybertronians working in an office.”
He turned to his two brothers. “Hey guys! Remember that fat guy in that one office show? I think that’s this dude!”
Thrust ignored the comment, and faced Thunderblast. He transformed into robot mode and studied the female Heretic in front of him.

“They do at that,” Topside agrees.

Banzaitron tilts his head, raising an eyebrow. That wasn’t the reaction he was expecting…

Thunderblast was somewhat smaller than Banzaitron, but if they stories that the Autobots- and even fellow Decepticons- told were true, she was no less formidable. As Thrust was studying her, she, too, was examining the Splitter brothers.

The Minicon blasted forward, approaching an injured who couldn’t stand. If allowed, he would hook up to their back.

“We’re gonna die!” Blight cried. “I can’t die yet! There are so many medical texts I have yet to skim!” @ProfSrlojohn