Salvation: Part II

Other than the strange lights of Omega’s canyons and the oceans’ bizarre mechanimal life, there wasn’t much to see or do.

He flew until he saw the Savant’s tell-tale silhouette.

Daria sighs with a sad looks,
“I hope she’s alright.”

The Savant was still docked in hangar thirty-one, looking to be in very good shape. Likely, this was the best it had looked since its construction almost 100 million years ago.

“Yeah, me too,” Sprocket says.

“I’m wondering how she’s even here, too,” he adds after a pause.

“I mean, aren’t we supposed to be the first cybertronians here? Or at least, the first in a very long time?”

he landed next to her and transformed. He walked inside. “So, how goes the download?” he asked the Savant.

Daria looks at Sprocket with a question floating in her head. Her holographic face forms a question mark.
“Didn’t you already answer you’re own question? I may not fully know our history, but I if someone came before us, doesn’t this mean a colony could have formed? That would easily explain what she is doing here.”

Surprisingly, a hologram materializes in front of Gatecrasher- a protoform of about average height, with gold-colored optics.

“Download is 98 percent complete, Gatecrasher,” the Savant’s AI says, its voice bearing a faint accent (of what kind, it was hard to tell) and neither distinctly male or female.

Sprocket nods, an impassioned look in his optics. Now Daria was speaking his language.

“But all the colonies are accounted for,” he says quickly, excitedly. “I mean, we know the Knights were planning another colonization program before the War of the Primes, but then, y’know, the War of the Primes happened, and they-…”

Sprocket stops talking as he works things out in his head.

“…A lost colony would explain some things about this planet…” he says- slowly, at first, his cadence gaining speed again as he continued to think through this puzzle.

1 Like

“Well, Hello There old girl. How have you been doing?” he asked.

“I’m doing quite well, thank you,” the AI replies, nodding their head.

“Better than I have in a long while, thanks to you and your friends.”

Pixel frowns at it. “No,” he says and turns away.

2 Likes

I"It was no problem. Any decent person would have done the same." He said.

“I see you can have an opinion now?”

The AI nods.

“Most of my AI core seems to be working now,” the say. “My memory systems seem to have some irreparable damage, though, unfortunately.”

Zepar was sitting by the hanger door in hanger 31, still writing down notes for his draft of the funeral services.

1 Like

“well that’s good. What do you remember.” he said then he suddenly had a look of realization. “Zepar might want to hear this.” H

He then opened his comm-link. Zepar’s comm-link started to ring.

@BlackBeltGamer98

“Hello?” He said as he picked up.

“Hey Zepar? This is Gatecrasher. I’m down at the Savant and she’s fully awake now. I thought you might want to come down.”

The Savant’s AI looks down at Zepar and waves at the angelicon from up on the catwalk.

Zepar did a double take when he saw this and immediately saved his work, closed the program and walked up to the Savant’s AI avatar, looking very amazed.

Unlike modern hologram technology, Golden Age-era projections were almost entirely photorealistic- it took quite the trained optic to distinguish a projection from the likes of the Savant or the Omega Key from a real object.

The protoform’s armor even gave off the illusion of reflecting light cast from fixtures around the hangar, and cast something of a shadow upon the hull of the ancient science vessel.

How is this a hologram? Your avatar looks so real.” Zepar said, not realizing he had slipped into Ancient.