Salvation: Part II

A harsh buzzing sound comes from the console as Laslow taps the red points. The Omega Key apparently was refusing to rebuild them- text in cyberglyphics would inform Laslow that these sections weren’t ready to be put back together.

“I said forget it!” Facelift snarls.

Nova ceases his attack, folding his wings in front of himself to act as shields, which protect him from the onslaught.

After the assault, Nova spreads his wings and deploys the cannons within them. hover beside the former Prime, targeting Redstocker, Delta, Gronius, and Alterion and firing at once.

The gunners keep a sharp eye out, but they seemed to be in the clear.

Sprocket spies a clearing beside Salvation and begins to fly the dropship there.

“Alright, I’ll handle this later, I need to get to the Bridge.” Laslow said to himself.

On the way there, he tried to contact the captains.

GC extricated himself from the tail gunner’s seat, and walked to the bow of the ship. “Nice work Sprocket.” GC said.

The meanwhile Scorchlock was making his way towards the Warp Cannon. “That is the big gun I was talking about…” He muttered as he made his way to the Salvation.

@Chromeharpoon

■■■■■■■■■■■■ answers almost immediately.

“What is it?” he snaps. “Who is this?”

“Whoever you are, I hope you’ve got some good news!” Topside pants- there was considerable static coming from his end. “We’ve been lacking in that the whole night.”

Laslow and Scorchlock’s journey to the bridge would not be without obstacles, for Nova’s terrorcons had followed the former Prime, and were now helping him dispatch his opponents. One lunges for Laslow, while another charges at Scorchlock as it lets loose an eerie wail.

“Thanks!” Sprocket says as he levels out the dropship, hovering the craft about twenty feet off the ground. Doors on the ship’s sides open, allowing Gatecrasher and the prisoners to exit.

Scorchlock takes his katana and charges at the terrorcon that leaped at him, aiming with the katana to slash towards the zombie’s neck, attempting to decapitate it.

“My name’s Laslow, you probably haven’t met me, but I’m on I’ve managed to reassemble the Warp Cannon, and the Bridge, but i need authorization to use it on Nova. Hang on, I’ve got Terrorcon trouble”

Laslow dodges to the side, and swung his rifle around to try and bash the back of the Terrorcon’s head in.

GC jumped out the side, and took in the situation.

“Why?”

All of them scramble.

The terrorcon catches the swinging blade, the katana cutting off two of its fingers as it did so. This didn’t seem to bother the zombie, though, as it lunges to try and bite Scorchlock.

The rifle connects, producing a dent in the terrorcon’s head as it stumbles forward.

“Go for it!” Topside encourages him through the static.

“Granted! Hurry it up!” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ orders.

“Oo! Did I hear that guy say something about firing the warp cannon?” Thrift could be heard asking in the background. “Can I do it? Can I please-”

No!” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ firmly asserts. A crunching sound is heard as the Decepticon captain punches through the chest of an unfortunate Heretic, followed by the screech of tearing metal as he rips out his enemies spark and crushes it in his hand.

“…S-sure!” Thrift complies, clearly intimidated. “Yes sir! I-I mean captain! Orders are orders, amirite? Please don’t hurt me…”

The beams follow the four, slicing through the air as they aim to annihilate them.

@meepinater Forcep was near the Splitter brothers and was ready and willing to mend their wounds.

“Get away from me, traitor; I can fix myself!” Facelift grumbles as he deploys a blowtorch from his hand.

There were currently no hostiles near Gatecrasher, but from across the water, he could see the carnage around the spaceport’s control tower.

Laslow swings the rifle around, and shoots at the head.

“Will do!”

“Right boys, let’s secure the area around the tower, assuming you have no complaints.” GC says, deferring to the red pickup.

The shot rips clean through the head of the terrorcon- right between the eyes, in fact. This only gives the zombie a moment of pause, however, as it kicks at Laslow.

Gatecrasher would discover that the red pickup, and his minicon friend, were gone. Perhaps they had boarded the second dropship.

Scorchlock growled as he thrusted his head, tilting it slightly downwards having his crest on his head, serving as a weapon, as he attempted to head butt the terrorcon.

The terrorcon staggers backward from the hit, though still keeps a tight hold on Scorchlock’s sword.

Scorchlock yanked it out of the terrorcon’s grip before swinging with it at its head, in attempt to decapitate it.

Laslow is knocked down and back. He picks himself up, and prepared to swing his rifle again.

“Wait, the other dropship!” GC exclaimed, Scanning the skies for them. “Anybody see them, or know how to contact them!?”

Scorchlock cuts off the top of the terrorcon’s head, eliciting a shriek from the zombie. The terrorcon leaps at the Wrecker.

The terrorcon stoops down and reaches for Laslow, aiming to sieze its prey in its claws.

“On it! Patching 'em through…” Sprocket says from the ship. Before long, Gatecrasher’s commlink chirps as the copilot of the other dropship speaks.

“I’m Drag-race,” she says- it wasn’t the Red Pickup. “We made it out fine- a couple of our guns got knocked out, but we’re still flying.”

“How the hell you are still alive from that!!” He shouts as he takes the katana and thrust it into the Terrorcon’s chest, attempting to impale its spark.

The terrorcon offers only a savage growl in reply as the blade pierces its chest. Gripping Scorchlock’s sword, it begins to pull itself closer to the wrecker. Sparks fly as its armor scrapes against the blade, producing an awful screeching sound.

He would have the butt of the rifle shoved in his face.

“You need help?” GC asked.

Scorchlock continued to roar as he shoved the katana deeper into the terrorcon’s chest.

The terrorcon is hit, and it growls as it tries to snatch the rifle out of Laslow’s hand.

This only helps the terrorcon get close enough to Scorchlock to jab its claws at the Wrecker’s chest.

“Nah; I think we’re good,” Drag-race says.