Salvation: Part II

Gatecrasher backpedaled quickly, and fired a couple of HE shells, these timed to explode ON Nova, not behind him.

Song turned to robot mode and landed next to him.
“Uhm… Lockdown sir… I… Am the new recruit…” Song said, trying to find the proper words. Everything that Facelift told her really shook her off.

Nova folds his wings (sans the three cannons targeting the Splitters) in front of him. They block the shells, but momentarily disable two of the remaining five cannons. Nova withdraws the three he now had to spare and directs their full fury on Gatecrasher. The amber beams lance into the ground and make a beeline toward the Decepticon incinerating the biomechanical plant life in their path.

The former Prime climbs higher into the air, with the intention of escaping the range of Gatecrasher’s cannons.

Lockdown regards Wildsong coldly.

“Wildsong,” he recites. “Autobot scientist. Interests include combiner physiology and augmentation.”

Evidently, Cybertron’s most feared hunter had some knowledge of who she was- of who many of our heroes were, in fact.

Lockdown looks into the Autobot’s eyes- or, more specifically, at her eyes, studying their shape and color.

Mmh. I have too many of those,” he decides. “Not interested. I’ll give you a head start.”

1 Like

GC ran, avoiding the beams, but making him open to counterattack elsewhere.

“Uhm… Uhm… What?!” she asked louder than she wanted to, trying to hold in her fear.

One of the cannons ceases its fire, only to cast another beam down in front of Gatecrasher. The other two continue to give chase.

“I’ll give you ten seconds,” Lockdown continues. “Nine… eight…”

“No! No wait! I deserted from the Autobots! I am Thunderblast’s man! Or woman! Call her and you’ll see!”

Thrust chuckled, transforming into jet mode and rocketing up, just enough to avoid Nova. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4549, topic:49995”]
Forcep had taken many bots away from the battlefield to a rocky outcropping nearby, where he was doing what he did best.
[/quote]

SideStep ran towards the outcropping.

GC threw himself to the left, and rolled a bit, before scrambling to his feet, and turned to face Nova.

“Is that all you’ve got?” He taunts

Nova had turned his attention to Gatecrasher, but three of his feather-cannons were still targeting the Splitters, shooting their beams at the jets.

Nova withdraws the cannons, and pulls out his fusion rifle.

“I also have this!” he exclaims. The cannons blast at Gatecrasher once more, and the fusion rifle whines as Nova fires a shot at the Decepticon. Should any of these connect, it would spell instant doom for him.

Forcep turns at SideStep’s approach.

“What do you need?” he asks.

Lockdown stops his counting and chuckles.

“Is that so?” he muses. “Very well. What does Her Excellency want from me now?”

Thrust’s wing was clipped by the beam, and he lost control. He spiraled downwards to the ground, pulling up at the very last instant.

Lightshift spun out of the way, and targeted the feather cannons, firing his guns.
Vigor did the same. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4575, topic:49995”]
Forcep turns at SideStep’s approach.

“What do you need?” he asks.
[/quote]

“Got a cut in my shoulder.” SideStep said, pointing to the large wound.

“She? Nothing. I was just searching for another fellow Decepticon heretic. This battlefield turned way too crazy for my tastes.”

OOC: My goodness. Nova means business now.

IC: GC jumped back about a yard, and sprinted away. Due to the beamlike nature of the weapons, the blasts were relatively easy to dodge when they didn’t follow you. He stood up, and slung a couple of HE shells, trying to knock the rifle out of his hand.

The feather cannons are hit and retreat toward their master (@meepinater)

Nova withdraws four of the feather-cannons to form another shield, which takes the oncoming attack, as two of the remaining four target Gatecrasher and open fire- one trails after the Decepticon, while the other fires at the ground a short distance in front of him.

Behind Nova and the Splitter brothers, Salvation’s main gun continues to charge.

Forcep eyes the wound.

“So I see,” he replies, hurrying over and getting to work (@meepinater).

Lockdown nods.

“Too chaotic for my tastes,” he agrees. “I prefer a good hunt.”

“Yeah… But, there really isn’t anybody to hunt. Except for Nova. And Nova is surrounded by literally everybody. Which by default means chaos. And you don’t like chaotic. Right?”

GC dodged to the side again, repeating the manuver he pulled before.

“You realize that’s not gonna work right?” GC called.

Lockdown shakes his head.

“I’m here for the artifact,” he says. “Not as exciting as a live quarry, but the pay’s good.”

The cannons adjust themselves and sweep their beams toward Gatecrasher, while Nova fires another shot from his fusion rifle at the Decepticon.

“I can do this all decade!” the former Prime calls over the roar of his weapons.

“Oh… Uhm… Strika just tried to pull the key out of it’a place. Spoiler: it didn’t work.”

“I know it’s all fun and games!” Gc called, dodging the blasts, but he was beginning to tire. “But I bet you could defeat me hand to hand!”

The Wrecker was beginning to lose his patience. He lets go of the controls and activates a communication link. “Scorchlock here, I got a big gun waiting for Nova.” He said through the link. “If you would maneuver yourself so that Nova was in front of the cannon, I could get a lock on him and blast him.”

@ProfSrlojohn, @meepinater, the Wrecker suggested to the Splitter Brothers and Gatecrasher.