Salvation: Part II

Scorchlock whistled, witnessing the beautiful and dare he say, godly sight that revealed before him. “Sweet allspark…” He places his hand on the ion rifle. “This is one weck of a weapon…” He said, tacking it.

He looks at it, firstly inspecting the grip, textured, check, sights, checked, decent sized magazin, checked and it felt good in his hands, checked.

“Now this is a gun.” He smirked, he rested it on his shoulder and searched for a pair of grenades, he looked in a group of fours because that’s how much he could carry on him.

“It sure is,” the Autobot agrees. “I think Ultra Magnus carried something like it before the Second Battle of Polyhex.”

Scorchlock’s gaze might wander to a pair of round, chalk-white devices sitting on a shelf. Tiny letters ran along seams in the metal, spelling out various warnings and specifications.

While driving, Redstocker might see Forcep driving towards his hab-suite. If not, he would certainly be able hear the wail of his alt-modes sirens echoing through the tunnel over the drone of traffic.

Brainpan takes a step back, surprised, as something clatters among the rafters, disturbed by Wildsong’s shouting. The two guards look up toward the noise, but see nothing through the darkness.

Brainpan stares at Wildsong with a shocked expression, her mouth tightly shut as her purple eye twitches again. It seemed she hadn’t been expecting that outburst.

“…_A-_nywho!” she says, her face breaking into wide grin. She was used to such protests, it seemed. “Now that we’re about to get started, I put together a list of alt-modes from the database…”

The doctor runs her hand across the interface behind her, and an array of violet holo-screens flicker to life above them, displaying a variety of alt-mode schematics:

(credit to artist Luc Fontenoy)

“I figured you’d want an aerial mode,” she says, “since you’re already a dragon, and all. Y’know that gunship kinda looks like a dragon? Maybe? If you squint? Those turbines on the sides are the wings, the tail is… well, the tail, and I’ll stop talking and let you decide. How about that?”

Redstocker quickly followed him.

“Uhm… The last one… Weren’t you making me a triple changer?”

“Thanks.” SideStep took the cane and hefted it, testing the weight. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4864, topic:49995”]
Facelift leads the three back to his workshop, where the cyclops takes notice of its new, mobile setup.

“Whoa…” he says. “Uh, guys? When did this happen?”

He points a sharp finger at the walker’s legs.

“We found it like this, boss,” the silver, one-winged Decepticon replies.

“We came back ‘ere to make sure that Key’d put everything back in the right spot, an’, well…”

“Well, I’m not complaining,” Facelift says, shrugging his shoulders. “This is perfect, actually! If we’re on the move, Salvation’s security’ll have a harder time finding us, I reckon.”

“Isn’t that why we’re already down here?” the red-armed Decepticon asks.

“Well, yes, it is,” Facelift replies, nodding his head. “Buuuuut the captains may have kinda-sorta seen me in the last battle.”

“What?!” the one-winged bot shrieks.

“D*mmit, boss! You were the one makin’ all the fuss about not gettin’ caught, weren’t you?!”
[/quote]

Thrust examined the bots as they spoke.
“…so this entire operation is illegal.”
He raised his hand to his ear to comm the captains, but Lightshift stopped him.
“Look, do you wanna be able to combine again or not?”
Thrust paused and sighed. “This is illegal!” He complained."
Vigor rolled his eyes. “Who cares, if this is the only way to combine again, I’m all in.”
Lightshift glanced back at Vigor, then to Thrust.
“I know you don’t like it. But at least wait until after the operation to report them.”
Thrust lowered his hand. “Fine.”

Forcep would arrive at the entrance to Redstocker’s hab-suite in short order. He transforms to robot mode, carrying a stout canister with a handle on the top and slim panes of glass running down its length.

The cane was only slightly heavier than it used to be- not enough to make it unwieldy, by any means.

Facelift turns around and quizzically tilts his head.

“Well, yeah it’s il-… on the down-low,” the mad doctor says. “We had a whole discussion about it a few weeks ago, didn’t we?”

“Oh, that was the plan,” Brainpan says. “But after some input-”

The doctor casts a glance at the male guard.

“I think I should probably play it safe.”

Brainpan suddenly dashes across the room and comes to a halt beside the operating table, leaning in close and whispering:

“I can’t screw this up remember?”

For emphasis, she taps on the lens of her red eye, shutting the purple one as she did so.

Redstocker was quick to point him the spark.

Song sighed, admittedly a bit disappointed. She always wanted to be a triple changer, but at that point she would be happy if she would get out of this procedure alive and un-mutilated.

“Mr. Big Shoulder Pads himself?” He asked, smirking. “I’m honored.” He said as he kept walking around.

He noticed them and walked towards the pair of round, chalk-white devices that sat on a shelf. He glanced at them reading the various warnings and instructions.

Forcep studies the spark floating in its glass case in the wall. Something about it struck him as… off. Deploying a scanner from his right hand, he runs the tool over the apparatus. His brow furrows as he reads the results of the scan.

“Redstocker,” he says. “There’s nothing in here; this is just a hologram.”

The labels identified these grenades as prototypes developed by the Decepticon Science Division. The warnings printed on their surfaces warned the reader of their experimental nature.

Brainpan steps back.

“Okie-dokie then!” she sings, pressing a button on the edge of the table. The mechanical arms stretching from the sides of the apparatus lurch as their various drills and saws begin to spin and whir.

“Now like I said, I’m disabling your pain receptors so you don’t feel anything,” Brainpain says above the screeching of the machines. “You shouldn’t, anyway. Just, y’know, scream if you need anything; I’ll be right here.”

The two guards remain the lab- it seemed as though they were going to supervise the operation and make sure Brainpan didn’t do anything to hurt Wildsong.

“What?” Redstocker said, obviously perplexed.

“If something goes wrong, please try to salvage my spark and my brain module.” she told the two, obviously scared.

“A very convincing hologram,” Forcep continues, “but a hologram all the same.”

Forcep studies the apparatus as a whole- the hologram of the spark, the round, studded compartment it hovered in, the glass pane sealing it inside, and the holo-screen shimmering on its surface.

“Interesting…” he notes. “I noticed a device just like this one built into a console in the medical bay. The readouts on this screen are identical to that one, too…”

“Nothing’s going to go wrong,” the male guard assures Wildsong.

Right?” the female guard aggressively prompts Brainpan.

“Right!” Brainpan enthusiastically echoes. “Everything’s gonna be fine.”

Brainpan looks down at Wildsong as her fingers split into an array of tiny claws.

“Now, hold still…”

“Who might have put it here?”

Song bit ber lip and closed her eyes.

“The ship didn’t have anything like this when we first set out,” Forcep says. “It might be reasonable to assume the Omega Key added these when it was rebuilding her.”

Brainpan was true to her word: Wildsong didn’t feel anything as the doctor and her tools descended upon the Autobot. Brainpan worked at a frenzied pace, humming a fast-paced tune as she worked around the cutters and claws that pried off pieces of Wildsong’s armor and began to rebuild her.

The draconic elements of Wildsong’s form were largely removed, replaced with the sharp, angular aesthetics of the gunship that Song had selected for her new alt-mode. As she had requested, Brainpan preserved Song’s extra arms and much of her color scheme. The doctor installs the gunship’s weapons: two plasma blasters mounted under the craft’s chin (which relocated themselves to Song’s upper forearms in robot mode), and a gauss cannon on the right side (which was only available to her in vehicle mode).

A quick timeskip later, and Brainpan steps back as the table’s arms retract, the restrains on Wildsong’s limbs unfastening themselves.

“All done!” she proudly announces.

“But… What would be their role?”

For all this time, Song had her eyes strongly closes. She easily opened them, before looking at herself.

OOC: The only real difference between this image and her would be the more suitable kibble.
IC: “I… I… Look like a Seeker. With four arms. And spike cables. Did you kept my…?”

Scorchlock smirked. “This oughta be fun…” He then walked towards the autobot. “Salvo can repair my swords nonetheless right?” He asked.

SideStep nodded.
“Again, thanks.”
He turned and walked out of the room.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:4870, topic:49995”]
Facelift turns around and quizzically tilts his head.

“Well, yeah it’s il-… on the down-low,” the mad doctor says. “We had a whole discussion about it a few weeks ago, didn’t we?”
[/quote]

“Oh yeah.”
Thrust chuckled. “We did.”

“I don’t know,” Forcep mutters.

The Autobot nods.

“Sure she can,” he says.

“See ya,” Salvo bids him farewell.

“Yeah,” Facelift says. “Now if you wouldn’t tell the captains where we are, that’d be very much appreciated.”

“…Then again, those wings could make me a couple hundred shanix richer…”

“The birthmark?” Brainpan guesses. “If you’re talking about that little pale spot, yeah, I did.”

Song would find that most of her organic components had been covered by armor, to help her better blend in with the other Decepticons aboard the Vigilant.

“Yeah,” Blight breathed, a mixture of confusion and relief flooding through both him and his voice.

Thrust frowned. “Just get the job done, please.”

“Come on then.” She tells him, before walking beside him towards the ship.

“I will, I will,” Facelift complies. “Don’t worry.”

1 Like