Salvation: Part II

“That’s what worries me,” Forcep says.

OOC: yep; he and Wildsong each got acombination spark.

IC:

Salvo nods and accepts the payment. After a quick timeskip, she presents Scorchlock a repaired and improved set of katanas.

Our heroes would feel a slight jolt as Salvation lurches. The ancient machines holding her in place begin to release the Fleetcarrier as her many airlocks hiss shut, and atmospheric shields are raised over the apertures of the hangars. Six muffled explosions shake the ship from stern to bow as her engines roar to full strength, shooting out mile-long jets of sapphire plasma that trail behind her.

The two guards visibly relax now that they were out of the lab.

Scorchlock takes the improved katanas, he stepped back and decided to try them out. As they circled around his hand, sounds of the katanas cutting the air would be heard as he does a few slashes with them and steps back in his stance.

They felt slightly heavy but well balanced. “Very balanced, good job, Salvo.” He said, as he attached them on his back and took the ion rifle and the grenades. “So long.” He nods to Salvo before making his way out of the establishment.

Redstocker nodded, before transforming away to search for Greasemonkey.

OOC: Uhm… Is it also in the bedroom?

“How did she got this way?”

Salvo nods, before turning her attention to Delta.

@Toa_Vladin

“Hey,” she says, giving her a quick wave.

“Need something?”

OOC: yeah, Gronius’ combination spark is in his quarters; Wildsong’s is in hers.

IC:

Greasemonkey would likely be in Engineering, aiding in Salvation’s takeoff, if the gentle tremors shaking the ship currently were any indication.

“What way?” the female guard asks. “Crazy, with mismatched eyes, a hole in her head, and a run-down lab in the sublevels?”

“Or are you asking how she even became a medic in the first place? 'Cause, uh, I don’t know the answer to that one. And I’m not even sure I want to know.”

“I hope so.” She said, right before a look of realization crossed over her face.

“oh, Blight, I hate to cut this short, but I need to stop by Thrift’s, then get back to the Sunrise!” She says quickly, “i hope you don’t mind!”

Meanwhile, GC strode into the armor, looking for the melee weapons rack. (@Chromeharpoon)

“Nah, just wanted to kill some time.”

OOC: You didn’t mention that. Is it just… Floating around? I didn’t read the posts in which the Splitter brothers got theirs.

“Excuse me, Greasemonkey?” Redstocker asked after he found him.

“Yeah. To that. What’s her story?”

Nodding her head, Salvo turns her attention to Gatecrasher as he enters the armory.

“And what about you?” she asks the Decepticon, sitting atop a workbench.

“You here to chat, too; or are you looking for something?”

OOC: it’s in a canister in Gronius’ quarters. It’s also got instructions in it so that Facelift can install it in Gronius.

IC:

Engineering looked quite different now, after Salvation’s reconstruction. The innumerable tons of gargantuan machinery had been re-organized, giving the cavern a less chaotic and more streamlined appearance, and massive round light fixtures in the ceiling- between the towers containing the engineers’ dwellings- brightly illuminated the bay.

The bulbous main reactor hangs in the center of the cavern, its exterior lights glowing a burning orange as tangles of fuel lines and power cables branch off of it like the arteries of a human heart. Beneath it was the cylindrical transwarp drive, currently inert as Greasemonkey worked at an array of various consoles and holo-screens.

“Yes?” he replies, not looking away from his work. Towards the back of the cavern, Salvation’s six immense engines spit out bursts of flame as turbines ringing their circumferences slowly rotate counter-clockwise.

“What do you need, sir?”

“Well, I don’t exactly know every riveting detail,” the female guard quips. “But she lost her left eye a couple decades ago. She got the twitchy purple one as a replacement.”

“Didn’t she used to work with the Butcher of Tetrahex?” the male guard asks.

“Looking for the polearms, though a chat wouldn’t be remiss.”

Gronius looked curious at the canister, not knowing what he has in front of him. As soon as he sees Facelift’s name, he decides to pay the Decepticon a visit.

“Do you have any idea what would be the powersource of the weird holo-projectors?”

“Facelift?”

Salvo nods her head again.

“Polearms,” she repeats. “Yeah, I’ve got one of those. Nothing fancy, though, if that’s what you want.”

One of Salvo’s assistants brings out the polearm in question: a sharp, silver blade extending from a seventeen-foot long shaft of smooth black metal.

Facelift would likely be in his usual hideout in the maintenance tunnels.

“The ones showing the dying spark, sir?” Greasemonkey asks. One such device was built into the central console of his workstation.

“Why, from what I’ve been able to discern, they’re powered by the same thing that’s running most of the ship,” he says, pointing up a the main reactor and the hodge-podge of generators, cables, and power couplings clinging to it.

“Yeah, him,” the male guard replies.

“Y’know, that would explain some things,” the female guard quips. “Heck, what if they’re twins?”

GC carefully picks up the weapon, and inspects the shape of the tip.

OOC: Tip shape is rather important, that’s part of how you tell the difference between types of weapons.

One timeskip later, Gronius would knock at his door.

“Isn’t there a way to cut them out of the power source? To shut them down?”

“You know… I never actually heard the story.”

The blade took the shape of a wide, sweeping glaive.

Facelift was now lounging about the walking platform on which his laboratory was now situated.

“Not that I’ve found, no,” Greasemonkey says as he works.

“Though I have been focusing my attention towards other endeavors…”

Greasemonkey indicates a screen displaying the statuses of Salvation’s engines. The ship was beginning to take off.

“What? Tetrahex?” the female guard asks.

“Trust me, be glad you haven’t.”

“Do you have any idea what this is?”

“I understand. Thank you.” he said, leaving.

“Why so?”

“Hrm… got anything suited a bit more for stabing than slashing?”

“Something like a pike?” Salvo asks.

Facelift’s eye narrows as he scrutinizes the canister and the crimson orb within it.

“I haven’t the slightest idea,” he bluntly admits.

But, I can sure find out, can’t I?” he excitedly says. “You’re never too old to learn, as they say!”

Greasemonkey returns to his work.

“You don’t want to know,” the female guard warns Song.

“You don’t,” the male guard agrees. “I thought I wanted to know, so I got her to tell me, and I really wish I hadn’t.”

“Sometimes knowledge is a curse,” the female guard says.

“Yeah… It has your name written on it.”

Redstocker returns to his quarters. He then starts looking into the bags that he had when he joined the Salvation.
“Ah, here you all are!” he said as he took out something that would likely be extremely rare on Cybertron, due to their very uncommon use: papers.
Some time later, he would get out of his room and headed towards the Autobot bar, looking for the bartender.

“Now I am curious.”

“That or maybe a Halberd.”

Split would be willing to spar the cybertronians.
“Sure, I’d appreciate some sparring partners.”

“Uh, guys?” Facelift asks the group. “Take it off the walker, please; I’m doing some business right now.”

Facelift turns his attention back to Gronius.

“Does it now?” he asks, intrigued.

Redstocker would run into Halfrunner sooner than that, as two medics push a hovering pod through the crowd. Inside it, visible through a glass viewscreen, was the barely-conscious antillian barkeep, his armor torn and scorched.

Salvo’s eyes light up with inspiration as a smirk spreads across her face.

“…Okay, forget about ‘nothing fancy’,” she says mischievously. “I can whip something up.”

“I’m not telling you,” the female guard insists. “It’s for your own good.”