Salvation: Part II

“We made a big purple guy.” Lightshift began, but then his face fell as he remembered.
“…and then we lost them.”

If it was possible, and it most certainly was, Pixel became even more confused. His eyes transformed into comedic swirls as he tried to think.

Lightshift sighed, suddenly saddened.
“Never mind. It’s fine.”
Thrust patted Lightshift’s shoulder.
“We all miss them.” Vigor said. “It’s not your fault, either.”

In turn saddened by the sinking of the mood, Pixel reformed his dragon hand and continued struggling to survive himself.

Exhausting his quiet mood, Blight bursts into a relaxing bit of laughter and throws himself down, lying on the cool grass. “Forty-five! Forty-five years! What a day! She must have grown up pretty quickly.”

The three brothers glance at Pixel and begin chuckling.
Vigor fingers the holoprojector, before dropping it.
A silly, cartoony version of the three brothers appears, making them do a dance from a Terran game known as Fortnite.

“Again, eh?” Halfrunner comments, before taking the bottles to meet SideStep’s request.

The dragon shoots off, lunging for the shortest’s one’s holographic head.

Hidden from prying eyes, Bludgeon’s spy resets the CNA scanners on one of their hideouts, also removing just enough of the additional security to make the entrance noticeable to a watchful optic. It was a calculated risk; one that would hopefully benefit them in the long run.

They were very much still online, contrary to what many of the crew believed…

…But this should convince the skeptics, they thought.

“Yes, again. Unfortunately. I wish I had a larger stock. I should have brought everything with me.”

It went straight through, causing a glitch, before the dancing resumed.

The dragon head rockets back to Pixel’s wrist, before he transforms into a cube and remains still.

The dancing paused, and Vigor pokes Pixel.
“Oi, what’re you doing?”

Halfrunner hands the four bottles back, filled with a shimmering green substance. The total cost was 40 shanix.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Blight may notice a faint twinkling light behind the energon waterfall in the secluded park he was in; light was reflecting off something protruding from the wall behind the liquid curtain.

SideStep unhappily handed over the shanix, before grabbing the bottles, two in each hand, and stowing them away in his case.
“Thanks.” He says, before turning and leaving the bar.

Halfrunner gives him a wave goodbye before returning to his work.

@BlackBeltGamer98 @ProfSrlojohn

The Savant’s AI looks between Zepar and Gatecrasher, waiting for a response.

“So, what do you guys think about that lady that called us” asked Gatecrasher.

Juiana walked up to Halfrunner.

“Mr. Halfrunner? Can I ask you a question?”

@Chromeharpoon

“Most peculiar,” the AI comments. “I have no idea who she could be.”

“Sure thing,” Halfrunner says, tapping one of the projectors displaying a holo-painting of a desert sand dune. The artwork flickers.

“Do you think we should try to find her?”

'Am I too young to work here? I-i mean, I’m only 45! I’m practically a child! Should I be working here?! N-not that I don’t like woking here! I love it!? B-but I don’t want you to get in trouble or anything!" Juliana excitedly rambles.

The AI nods its holographic head.

“Most definitely.”

Halfrunner looks up at the ceiling contemplatively.

“Hmm… can’t say I find anything wrong with you working here, personally,” he says after a brief moment of silence.

“There’re bots half your age on the front lines; if they can fight a war, you can certainly sing in a shabby ol’ tavern, I reckon.”

“Any particular reason why? It could be a trap.”

“Oh thank you!” She exclaims, and she pecks him on the cheek. “I won’t let you down!” and she runs through one of the doors to the back.

“I do not see how,” the AI says. “It is statistically impossible that for Bludgeon’s forces to have arrived at this planet before Salvation, given their slower quantum drives.”

“I’ll hold you to that!” Halfrunner kindly calls back.