Salvation: Part II

He grinned and took a seat.

“What would you like?” She asked, pulling out a data pad.

“Anything else you need me helping with?” King-Quan asked.

After a moment or so of waiting, it might become apparent that Wildsong wouldn’t be hearing from Thunderblast or Quasar for some time.

A CLANG echoes across the arena, barely audible over the cheering of the crowd; Split had been giving them a good show.

Drone withdraws his fist. His lower left arm then jabs at Split’s midsection.

The structure did nothing, but Spectrum would be able to notice that thin, vertical keyholes could be seen in the platforms that the four knights knelt upon.

“Funny,” Flyby remarks, “I don’t have anything to do right now, either.”

Forcep shakes his head, not taking his eyes of the screens.

Blight realized that he had no idea. “Um… Just… Engex, I guess. Um… two, please.” Pixel sits across from Blight, his eyes barely peeking over the table. (@ProfSrlojohn )

Split let the punch connect, hopefully breaking the hardened slime. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5329, topic:49995”]
The structure did nothing, but Spectrum would be able to notice that thin, vertical keyholes could be seen in the platforms that the four knights knelt upon.
[/quote]

Spectrum moved closer to one of the keyholes, examining it carefully.

“…wanna get a drink?” Sidestep suggested.

The slime shatters as Drone’s blow connects, and the insecticon belts another one with his lower right arm.

The keyholes bore circular ports of varying depth inside them. They almost seemed to correspond with the thin, needle-like protrusion on the end of the Omega Key.

Flyby shrugs.

“Sure,” he says. Then, trying to make a joke, he adds:

“As long as you’re paying.”

Split grunts and doubles over, before swinging his shield at Drone.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5332, topic:49995”]
The keyholes bore circular ports of varying depth inside them. They almost seemed to correspond with the thin, needle-like protrusion on the end of the Omega Key.
[/quote]

Spectrum rubs her nonexistent chin, much like she had seen other cybertronians do.
She turned and bounded out the door, in search of the Omega Key. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5332, topic:49995”]
Flyby shrugs.

“Sure,” he says. Then, trying to make a joke, he adds:

“As long as you’re paying.”
[/quote]

SideStep quickly yanked out his wallet and counted the coins.
“…sure, I’ve got enough.”

Drone is hit and staggers backward.

The Omega Key would likely be in Sprocket and Grommet’s shared laboratory.

“Oh, I, uh… that was a joke…” clarifies Flyby.

Spectrum makes her way to the lab. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5334, topic:49995”]
Drone is hit and staggers backward.
[/quote]

Split straightens himself and fires his shotgun, before switching it to full-auto.
He grinned.
“This is about to get fun.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5334, topic:49995”]
“Oh, I, uh… that was a joke…” clarifies Flyby.
[/quote]

SideStep shrugged.
“I can still pay for it.”

She sighed.
“Fine.” she said, leaving and looking for somewhere to go.

When Spectrum entered the lab that Sprocket and Grommet begrudgingly shared aboard Salvation, she’d be able to notice that something was very wrong. Something was profoundly amiss within the room. A detail so disturbing that it was causing Sprocket much distress.

The Autobot scientist’s side of the lab was tidy. Where it had once been a cluttered den of haphazardly-strewn relics from the golden age, piles of notes and equipment, and floating holo-screens from consoles left active, Sprocket’s workplace was now neat and organized, with everything sorted put away in cabinets and shelves, or resting on antigrav pedestals.

“This-! This is a disaster!” Sprocket laments as he rummages through a drawer, looking for some ancient bauble. “It’ll take me forever to find anything in here- I had a system! A system, d*mmit!”

On the other side of the lab, Grommet rolls his eyes. He had always kept his side of the lab presentable; the doctor worked amidst lines of stasis pods and holding pens containing various mechanimal specimens plugged into the walls, or resting upon tables around the lab.

“Oh yes, a true tragedy,” the Decepticon sardonically remarks. “Your workspace was such a pig sty that the Higher Powers had to personally intervene to clean it up.”

“Too bad they couldn’t give you a better sense of humor while they were at it,” Sprocket shoots back as he tosses a datapad onto a table, knocking a golden orb off its pedestal.

Drone falls onto one knee as the shot hits his chest.

As Split switches modes on his shotgun, his expression sinks as a resigned sigh escapes his toothy maw.

“If you say so,” Flyby accepts.

Wildsong had already seen the Vigilant’s bridge, medical bay, laboratory, and Brainpan’s lab in the sublevels, along with some of the main hangar. There was still more of the ship to see, however; like the engineering bay, or the brig.

Wildsong was also free to leave the command ship to traverse the south continent with the mining crews, or explore the other ships in the New Decepticon fleet.

She decided to do that, going to the hangar.

Gronius was looking for Zepar (@BlackBeltGamer98), or for another Autobot that he could waste time with.

Delta was in the Sunrise, listening to the music. Blackbeak was staying on an opposite chair, trying to raise his head above the level of the table.
Alterion was also there, tho in an opposite corner of the room.

Redstocker kept searching for Scorchlock, having his and the other three private invitations (although Diz’s ones was now kinda useless) in his hands.
OOC: @MichaelBT-7474 where is Scorchlock?

In the hangar, Wildsong could see the Death’s Head still in its moorings as repair crews mended the damages to his hull. Lockdown stood on a platform nearby, talking to an obviously intimidated technician.

Behind the bar, the junkion DJ was filling glasses with varicolored mixes of engex and tossing them at waiting patrons.

Song slowly approached him.

Alterion took one, asking how much it costed.

Spectrum looked around for the omega key.

Split lowered his shotgun, extending his hand for a handshake.
“Well done.” He said to Drone. “You’re quite a warrior.”

Sidestep offers an awkward grin, before turning towards the door.

Lockdown turns around, and the technician takes this opportunity to run off.

“What?” Lockdown asks apathetically.

The DJ holds up five fingers.

Sprocket had set the Omega Key on a stand atop one of his desks. The Autobot was frantically rummaging through shelves of ancient artifacts as Grommet studies some specimens that he had brought aboard from Planet Omega.

Drone grasps Split’s hand and pulls himself to his feet, a low hiss escaping his maw.

“Near as I can tell, that’s insecticon speak for ‘same to you’,” Clip translates, picking Red up off the floor.

Flyby enters the lift and taps the control panel beside the door.

Spectrum weaved through the lab towards the Omega key.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5342, topic:49995”]
Drone grasps Split’s hand and pulls himself to his feet, a low hiss escaping his maw.

“Near as I can tell, that’s insecticon speak for ‘same to you’,” Clip translates, picking Red up off the floor.
[/quote]

Split smiled warmly and turned to Clip.
“You two did good as well.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5342, topic:49995”]
Flyby enters the lift and taps the control panel beside the door.
[/quote]

Sidestep follows him.

“Nothing, I am just bored.”

He gives them.

“Then I’ll leave you to your work,” King-Quan said, stepping out of the room and made his way through the hallway.

Scorchlock was in his headquarters.