Salvation: Part II

“Gah!” Blight helps. “It stabbed me!” He then scanned for a needle, or a point where the puncture device could have emerged from.

Whatever needle had stabbed Blight had retreated back into the cylinder, with no observable sign as to where on the object it could have emerged from.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Daria transforms once she gets on the lift,
“So do you have an idea of what you’re going to say for ya little speech, or is it just you running in there yelling the discovery?”

“That’s my usual approach,” Sprocket quips.

The doors to the lift open, revealing the bridge. Topside, Motherboard and Flyby had rejoined the rest of the bridge crew, and the two captains could be seen having an argument with one another.

“We should assume hostility,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ insists. “Find this woman, blast her into sheet metal if need be, then set down for repairs.”

“We keep Salvation in the air much longer, she’s just gonna keep breaking down,” Topside retorts. “We can worry about the mysterious maiden after we’ve got ours on the mend.”

Daria walks in calling out to them,
“I think we have an answer for you. Well, at least he does.”
She gestures to Sprocket.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ looks disdainfully at Sprocket.

“Oh? And what revelation does this exemplar of the Autobot science community have for us today?” He deadpans.

■■■■■■■■■■■■’s unfavorable opinion toward Autobots wasn’t exactly a secret. Perhaps Daria, being a neutral, would have better luck with him than Sprocket.

Daria scowls, well at least her holographic face did,
“Considering the standing of the situation about this mysterious woman and how it affects the ship as of whole and that none of you have an agreeable solution.”
She pauses for effect,
“It seems that you should at least listen to our discovery. It is groundbreaking, especially since it deals with a lost colony of our own.”

Topside takes a step forward, intrigued.

What?” he says.

“Explain,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ orders. One might notice a slight raise in his right eyebrow, in spite of himself.

1 Like

Daria looks at Sprocket,
“You made the discovery, so it’s yours to explain.”
She stands back as to let Sprocket take the stand,
“Though if they’re hard on you again, I’ll step in.”

“Vampire!” he shrieks. “Or… a zombie! It’s absorbing my Energon to live!” He took a few deep breaths and stared at it. Perhaps it’s some kind of worthiness-tester? Like, only a certain type of person can remove it?

Departing, Blight decides that he would return with someone else for some more help, memorizing its location.

“When i get the chance I’ll talk to the Captain about it.”

“Now that isn’t entirely true,” Sprocket objects. “You contributed too; it was a… a joint endeavor.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ sighs.

“Long-lived though I may be, my time is still finite,” he says tersely. “Please endeavor not to waste it.”

Blight might do well to seek the aid of one who knew Salvation the best: the chief engineer, Greasemonkey.

The Savant’s AI nods.

“Good, good.”

1 Like

Unfortunately, due to Blight’s ignorance and lack of intelligence, he wanders aimlessly through the halls.

OOC: Sorry, forgot about this post, you know, existing…

Pixel, though thankful for the spotlight, remains in his form, replaying curious beeping sounds.

2 Likes

Daria chuckles,
“Short things short, we believe there’s a lost colony near here, though I don’t know all the logistics, He has a better understanding when it comes to that.”

Thrust studied him.
“Perhaps he’s shy, or upset.”

The beeping grew louder. It wasn’t a consistent sound, but rather varied in length, tone, and intensity unpredictably.

1 Like

Zepar tries to use the frequency to ping the entity’s location, if unsuccessful, he would still use it to try and contact her again.

“Y-yeah,” Sprocket continues. “You see, after the W-”

“I think I understand,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ interrupts. “Fascinating, truly.”

“[I] Guess congratulations are in order,” Topside says. “You two just re-wrote the history books, I reckon.”

Zepar’s own communicator could not re-establish a link, unfortunately.

Daria nods, before looking at Sprocket,
“Hey let’s go over and write the detailed report. While they can go over what this means for us, we can go over all the logistics and put it in written form, something that the future generations can look at and appreciate.”
She turns away,
“Though it seems that the entire story isn’t as so useful as we’ve deemed it, but that report should be of help. Then again I don’t know how useful I’ll be for writing the report.”

“Hrm… This could be harder than we thought.”