Salvation: Part II

The keyholes were where Spectrum had left them: in the pedestals that the four knight statues knelt upon.

Clip shakes her head.

" 'E doesn’t, I’m afraid," she says.

Flyby points to the Peace and Tyranny.

“Let’s see if Lurch’s attitude had improved any, eh?”

Spectrum inserted the Key into the first keyhole.

Thrust nods.
“What about Forcep, or Thrift?”

Sidestep chuckled. “Sure.”

This just so happened to be the keyhole on the Blue Knight’s pedestal.

The entire platform shakes as it disconnects from the supports holding it above the pit, and it hovers in the air as a pair of rings detaches from its circumference and begin to slowly flip and turn around the display. Orange and green lights bloom to life all over the platform as the Blue Knight rises to his feet, drawing his sword and holding it out toward the hovering model of Cybertron and the tiny representations of the colonies that orbit around her. Around the dais, a shallow moat begins to fill with Blue Cybermatter as a sapphire glow fills the pit below.

Thin rays of white light shoot out from the rings, dancing around the platform as millions of holographic stars, planets, and nebulae begin to fade into view: it was a larger version of the Omega Key’s map, complete with the corrupted fragments of data hovering around the rings, and the jungle planet marked by orange cyberlgyphs, which change into a deep green.

Clip shakes her head.

“Thrift doesn’t deal in body parts, I don’t think; an’ a T-cog ain’t just something you got lying around in a spare parts bin.”

“I don’t let it get me down, don’t worry. I’m still alive, you see, and I got this wicked sword here.”

Clip hefts her greatsword onto her shoulder.

Flyby begins to walk toward the Peace and Tyranny, when all of a sudden, the ring-shaped platform around the glowing holographic orb in the center of little Iacon begins to spin as blue lights flicker to life across its surface. A statue of a cybertronian knight with gold armor rises out of a silo on the platform and draws his sword, saluting the holographic orb.

Spectrum stares at the entire display in awe, memorizing the map. She then moved to the next Knight, inserting the Key.

“It is a nice sword.” Thrust agrees.
"Well, we best be off. It’s been a pleasure sparring with you all. " Lightshift said.

Sidestep turns and aims his new rifle at the knight.
“What’s that?” He growled, peering into the sights of the rifle.

When Spectrum withdraws the Omega Key, the Blue Knight stowes his sword and kneels. The model of the cybertronian worlds stops moving, the rings return to their original position around the platform, and the cybermatter drains from the moat around the dais. The platform sinks back into its moorings as its lights fade away, and the pit beneath it loses its glow.

The Omega Key didn’t seem to fit inside any of the other keyholes.

“Likewise,” Red says. Clip nods her head, and Drone growls again.

The ring around the platform stops spinning suddenly as its lights die, and the knight statues recedes back into its silo.

“Weird…” Flyby comments.

Spectrum placed the Key back in the Blue Knight hole again.

The three brothers exit the room and make their way to the bridge to see what they could help with.

Sidestel lowers his rifle.
“Yeah…”

The platform’s hidden mechanisms hum to life again as it rises above the pit, its rings turning as it recreates the map to the next piece of the Omega Lock. The moat fills with Blue Cybermatter again while the Blue Knight rises to salute Cybertron and her colonies.

In Sprocket and Grommets lab, pipes in the walls suddenly become transparent as Blue Cybermatter flows through them, racing down the walls and along the ceiling as they fill tanks around the room. On the other side of the hall, Shockwave halts his work as a similar display occurs in his lab.

Throughout Salvation’s medical wings, pipeline begin to channel Blue Cybermatter into the CR chambers as cyan conduits come to life throughout the hallways and the labs and med-bays branching off them. Forcep rushes out of his seat to inspect the phenomenon.

On the bridge, the three would arrive to see many of the crew there gawking at Motherboard’s visor, as the first officer reports that many unknown systems throughout Salvation were coming online.

Suddenly, the platform begins to spin again as the Blue Knight re-emerges from his silo and salutes the holographic orb again.

Spectrum looks around the room, then inspected the Knight.

Thrust looked around.
“What’s going on?”

“Alright what the heck’s going on here?” Sidestep said, walking towards the platform.

1 Like

The Blue Knight, like its three fellows, was an automoton. All four of these Knights had been seen before in various works of ancient cybertronian art that our heroes had encountered over the course of their voyage, all related somehow to the Omega Lock.

“Unknown,” Motherboard replies in her usual monotone. “The Omega Key appears to have activated new systems installed in the Salvation during its reconstruction.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ had a finger pressed against his temple, talking to Forcep over the comlink.

“Doctor, how do the CR chambers just ‘speed up’?” he asks.

“It’s this blue stuff- this cybermatter,” Forcep replies. “It’s being pumped into the chambers and is accelerating the patients’ regeneration. It’s… miraculous, really.”

Beside the Blue Knight statue, a cyan, hexagonal holo-screen flickers to life, showing medical data for a powerful, yet dying spark, surrounded by whorls of cyberglyphics spelling out verses from The Covenant of Primus.

“Hey, we have something like that on the bridge now,” Flyby remarks.

Spectrum clambered up onto the Knight. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5414, topic:49995”]
“Unknown,” Motherboard replies in her usual monotone. “The Omega Key appears to have activated new systems installed in the Salvation during its reconstruction.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ had a finger pressed against his temple, talking to Forcep over the comlink.

“Doctor, how do the CR chambers just ‘speed up’?” he asks.

“It’s this blue stuff- this cybermatter,” Forcep replies. “It’s being pumped into the chambers and is accelerating the patients’ regeneration. It’s… miraculous, really.”
[/quote]

Thrust looked around.
“Why is all this happening now?” He asked. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5414, topic:49995”]
Beside the Blue Knight statue, a cyan, hexagonal holo-screen flickers to life, showing medical data for a powerful, yet dying spark, surrounded by whorls of cyberglyphics spelling out verses from The Covenant of Primus.

“Hey, we have something like that on the bridge now,” Flyby remarks.
[/quote]

SideStep squints at the spark.
“I wonder who’s spark that is. Could be Primus’.”

1 Like

This would give Spectrum a better view of the room, but little else, unfortunately. The other three knight statues were still kneeling.

“Unknown,” Motherboard replies again. A window on her visor then begins to rapidly cycle between various live recordings from Salvation’s many security cameras in an attempt to dispel the mystery, before settling on a video of Spectrum sitting atop the head of a knight statue in the new room at the back of the Fleetcarrier.

“D’awwww…” Broadband reacts, smiling.

“You think so?” Flyby asks.

It certainly seemed like that could be the case. The spark depicted in the hologram was extraordinarily bright and powerful, and it seemed that whatever sensors monitoring it couldn’t quite understand it fully. In addition, much like the Allspark itself in its current condition, the hologram showed that it was dying- it had only weeks to live unless something was done to heal it.

Spectrum moved over to the other knights. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5416, topic:49995”]
“Unknown,” Motherboard replies again. A window on her visor then begins to rapidly cycle between various live recordings from Salvation’s many security cameras in an attempt to dispel the mystery, before settling on a video of Spectrum sitting atop the head of a knight statue in the new room at the back of the Fleetcarrier.

“D’awwww…” Broadband reacts, smiling.
[/quote]

“What’s that?” Vigor asks.
“It looks like a weird mechanimal.” Lightshift chuckled.
“How’d it get in there?”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5416, topic:49995”]
“You think so?” Flyby asks.

It certainly seemed like that could be the case. The spark depicted in the hologram was extraordinarily bright and powerful, and it seemed that whatever sensors monitoring it couldn’t quite understand it fully. In addition, much like the Allspark itself in its current condition, the hologram showed that it was dying- it had only weeks to live unless something was done to heal it.
[/quote]

“It’s dying, too.” Sidestep murmured.
“How do we save it?”

The other knights do not move- it was likely that they wouldn’t until the other pieces of the Omega Lock were found.

“That is crewwoman Spectrum,” Motherboard informs the Splitter brothers. The recording shrinks as the first officer pulls up Spectrum’s file from the crew manifest.

“She and that other little guy are officially the most adorable creatures ever to walk the face of Cybertron,” Broadband claims with comical seriousness.

“Well…” Flyby starts, unsure. He points to the holo-screen.

“If that is Primus, we save him by continuing the mission, yes? Finding the Omega Lock and whatnot?”

Song sighed.
She turned to one of the ships and tried to go inside it. Maybe she will have more fun down there.

When time came, Scorchlock stood up on his feet. He left his ion blaster and grenades in his headquarters as he walked through the door.

Scorchlock would eventually make his way towards hangar 12, like it was written on the paper. He was certainly interested, plus the sound of schooling someone how to fight, did make him feel excited slightly.

@Toa_Vladin

As Redstocker would enter the sunrise he would notice Delta staring at him.
“Miss Delta! You are exactly the 'bot I was looking for!” he exclaimed happily as he approached her.
“You? Were looking for me, of all the Autobots?”
“Yes, yes.” he said, giving her an invitation. “I saw you fighting against the New Order, and I thought that you have potential. I’d like if you took part in our little club too”
“Can I take Blackbeak too?”
“Oh yes! Sure! Of course!”
“Huh. Who else is coming?”
“I think I convinced both Miss Juliana and Mister Scochlock to participate also.”
“Oh, that’s neat.”
“Yes, I also have somewhere between 20 and 30 more at Miss Juliana. She was supposed to give them to whoever was interested to come. I also have one for Mister Blight and one for Mistress Diz, although it seemed I couldn’t convince her to change her mind.”
“There will be other occasions, Redstocker.”
“Yeah, but now I have a free spot!”
“Mind if I take it?” asked Alterion, approaching from behind, still having his glass of Energex in his hands. “Huh, papers!” Alterion said, noticing said papers in his brother’s hands. “You could never get rid of those trashes.”
“Hey, don’t call them trashes! At least my hands are still able to use a pen.”
“As you say, Redstocker. As you say.” Alterion said, taking a sip. “So can I have one?”
“Oh, yes! Sure, sure!” Redstocker said happily, as he gave his brother one of the two remaining papers.
“You just come out of senility, and the first thing you do is a fight club.” Alterion jocked.
“That’s me! You just know me.”
“Yeah…” he said, giving him a weird look.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go talk with Miss Juliana.” the Autobot said, leaving.
“Redstocker, wait!” Alterion called him from behind. “Can’t we talk a little about…”
“Not now. Later! After the club!” he said, not even turning to him, as he started looking for Juliana.
@ProfSrlojohn

Juliana was waiting tables, quite a bit busy. Redstocker’s flyers would be in a stack at the end of the bar.

The music also changed.

“Miss Juliana?”

“Kiiinnnddaa busy!” She tells him, placing a few plates on a table, before turning back to the kitchen.

“Wanna help you?” he aksed, following her.