Salvation: Part II

“I wouldn’t trust you with a roach, let alone some customers food, so either sit down, or leave”

“Oh, come on! I am not senile anymore! I sure can give somebody his food!”

A dropship would soon be departing to carry a team of New Decepticons to scour the wreck of the Dark Sky for survivors.

Hangar twelve was largely empty, save for the technicians and engineers maintaining the few ships that resided within it.

@MichaelBT-7474

The Antillian Sunrise didn’t necessarily have a kitchen. Very few cybertronians needed, or even had the ability to eat food, and so proper dining facilities were something of a rarity in cybertronian culture. Drinking was more of a social custom than a necessity, one which the junkion DJ was very happy to have some help in providing. He tosses a glass of engex to a waiting insecticon before turning to give Juliana an appreciative thumbs-up.

@ProfSrlojohn @Toa_Vladin

She hopped into it.

Spectrum hopped down from the knights and scanned the outer walls of the room. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5418, topic:49995”]
“That is crewwoman Spectrum,” Motherboard informs the Splitter brothers. The recording shrinks as the first officer pulls up Spectrum’s file from the crew manifest.

“She and that other little guy are officially the most adorable creatures ever to walk the face of Cybertron,” Broadband claims with comical seriousness.
[/quote]
“She’s a crewperson?” Thrust asked incredulously.
“She looks like a child!”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5418, topic:49995”]
“Well…” Flyby starts, unsure. He points to the holo-screen.

“If that is Primus, we save him by continuing the mission, yes? Finding the Omega Lock and whatnot?”
[/quote]

“Right, right.”
Sidestep folded his arms and stared at the holo-screen
“Why’d it pop up all of a sudden?”

In the bay of the dropship, a squad of Ground Troopers sit quietly, some turning to look at Wildsong as she enters.

The outer walls were largely featureless, save for a few computer terminals like the ones that could be found all over Salvation.

Broadband shrugs.

“It takes all kinds to save the world, I guess.”

Flyby shrugs.

“I don’t know,” he admits.

“Hi.” she cheered.

Spectrum turned and exited the room, hoping to find some more interesting things.

“Fair point.” Thrust replied.

“We oughta find out.” Sidestep grumbled.

One Decepticon responds with a quick wave of his hand, but the rest only look at her for a second longer before shifting their gaze back to the floor.

OOC: hold up! I forgot a very important thing!

IC: Spectrum might be able to notice that, underneath the floating arrangement of the model planets in the center of the platform, was an ancient cybertronian-style console rising out of the dais.

It was totally there the hole time.

The console looked almost identical to the one in the spaceport’s control tower, possessing a bulbous appearance with flat, rectangular table extending from it.

Motherboard’s visor continues to show footage from the new chamber.

“I guess we should,” Flyby agrees, sighing.

Spectrum happened to look back, and noticed the console.
She turned and skipped towards it, peering at it curiously. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5434, topic:49995”]
Motherboard’s visor continues to show footage from the new chamber.
[/quote]

Thrust squinted at Spectrum.
“What’s she doing now? Shouldn’t some sort of… expert… be down there?”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5434, topic:49995”]
“I guess we should,” Flyby agrees, sighing.
[/quote]

Sidestep chuckles.
“This is not how I thought this would go.”

Unlike the knight statues, this console didn’t seem to need the Omega Key to operate- its lights were active as holographic cyberglyphs flash around it.

“I will contact crewman Sprocket,” Motherboard says.

“Me neither,” Flyby replies.

“So, where to we start?”

Spectrum tried to decipher what it would do.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5436, topic:49995”]
“I will contact crewman Sprocket,” Motherboard says.
[/quote]

“Alright.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5436, topic:49995”]
“Me neither,” Flyby replies.

“So, where to we start?”
[/quote]

“Check the bridge, I guess.”

The console’s function could not be discerned from a glance.

Motherboard is silent as she contacts Sprocket.

“I’m liking the new look, guys,” Breakswitch calls to the Splitter brothers from over her shoulder from the front of the bridge. ■■■■■■■■■■■■ even gives a subtle nod of his head, evidently approving of the upgrade.

“Makes sense,” Flyby agrees.

Spectrum placed her hand on the console.

“Thanks!” Lightshift says in reply. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5438, topic:49995”]
“Makes sense,” Flyby agrees.
[/quote]

Sidestep nodded and transformed.

A shaft of blue light shoots out from the console, scanning over Spectrum for a few seconds. It flashes orange as the console emits a harsh buzzing sound, then it disappears.

Breakswitch smiles and turns her attention back to the navigation console.

“There, G’nur, I’m ‘initiating positive social interactions with other people’. Happy now?” she quietly grumbles.

Flyby assumes his jet mode and rockets up to exit Little Iacon.

Spectrum tilts her head. She raised her hand off the console. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5440, topic:49995”]
Breakswitch smiles and turns her attention back to the navigation console.

“There, G’nur, I’m ‘initiating positive social interactions with other people’. Happy now?” she quietly grumbles.
[/quote]

Vigor folded his arms.
Thank you. FInally, someone gets it.” He says. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:5440, topic:49995”]
Flyby assumes his jet mode and rockets up to exit Little Iacon.
[/quote]

Sidestep follows on the ground in vehicle mode.

The console does nothing.

Breakswitch chuckles.

Flyby… uh… flies back to the bridge, waving to the Splitter brothers as he enters the room.

@meepinater

“So what exactly are we doing down there?”

“Search and rescue,” a Ground Trooper with silver markings around his Decepticon badge, denoting him as the leader of the squad.

“If there’s anyone left alive on the Dark Sky, we’re getting them out.”

“Nice. So no killing?”