Salvation: Part II

Topside shrugs.

“Given the alternative, I’ll work with that,” he says.

“Yes,” says the sentinel.

Gatecrasher laughs. “Looks like your a lot smarter than we give you credit for. So what do you think about that message we got? Should we trust her?”

The AI does not comment. Perhaps it couldn’t yet express opinions like that.

“Then, everyone without a flying alt mode, hop on or you’ll be salvaged for a funeral!” He roared, transforming to his dragon mode.

“Anything I can do to help you out old girl?” He asked.

Topside climbs on, and turns his attention to the shuttle’s other occupants.

@Toa_Vladin @meepinater

“You guys! Unless you want to be pounded into sheet metal, I suggest you take the dragon’s offer.”

The sentinel shakes its head.

“Okay, just wanted to check,” he sighs. “You know, you remind me of my old ship, the Infiltrator. She was smaller than you, but she got me out of more scrapes than I can count” He tells the Savant.

The Splitter brothers transform and hover above the land.
“We’ll follow you.” Lightshift said to Zepar.
@BlackBeltGamer98

A light in the ceiling flickers to life, and orange beams begin to dance in front of Gatecrasher, creating a tiny hologram of a ship much like the Infiltrator.

The shuttle’s occupants could be seen evacuating, though some, like Topside, Redstocker and SideStep, needed some help, for they possessed ground-based alt-modes.

@meepinater @Toa_Vladin

2 Likes

“Is that… No not quite, but close. What is this?”

The hologram depicted a standard, unmodified version of the Infiltrator’s model of spacecraft.

“That’s better. Where did you get this info?”

More holo-screens began to appear, showing that the Savant was connected to Salvation’s datanet and reading through some files. It translated the neocybex text into cyberglyphic characters, then back again to the modern alphabet.

“Very impressive. You never cease to amaze me Savant.” Gatecrasher said as he looked around in wonder.

Most of what the Savant’s AI was reading concerned the last hundred million years of cybertronian history, from the end of the Golden Age to the Great War.

“Have you found anything pertinent to our mission?”

The holo-screens vanish, replaced with a blue projection of a round illustration depicting a circle divided into quarters. Each slice bore strange diagrams and cyberglyphic text, while in the center of the disc was inscribed the glyph for “divine light”:

Around the circle, more cyberglyphs spell out the following phrase:

The light of the Allspark shall light even the darkest hours, and thwart the forces of chaos and evil, until comes the day when its children return to its embrace, and all are one

Gatecrasher wouldn’t know it, but this was the same mandala seen on the door Zepar had found in one of his earlier explorations of the Savant, in which he had activated the ancient ship’s repair mechanisms.

1 Like

“Hrm… I really need to get someone to teach me these cyberglipho-whatsis.”

Translations of the ancient glyphs appear next to the mandala.

Gronius was helping Zepar evacuate the ones aboard the shuttle with a ground-based alt mode. In his first group of evacuees was also Redstocker.
“Abandon the ship, Mr Gronius!” the senile old man yelled as Gronius took him in his hands.

Alterion, Delta and Wildsong turned to their alt modes and flew away, out of the shuttle.