Salvation: Part II

“No!” Thrift immediately replies. “But, I’ve witnessed its destructive capabilities firsthand via several misfires during construction that, on one occasion, left me in need of a new sparkchamber.”

Zepar’s optics widen considerably. He looks at Venture, “If you buy it, I think it would be wise to keep it pointed away from things you don’t want to destroy as much as possible.” He advised. “It is a good weapon.”

“Yeah,” Venture replies, “I was gonna point this thing at bad guys mostly, anyway.”

Turning to Thrift, she asks, “How much for this… uh… doohickey?”

“For that thingamabob I’ll ask for 850 shanix, my dear,” Thrift charges. Venture offers no protest as she pays for the weapon.

“I think calling it the Devastator Mk 1 would be fitting considering it’s power.” Zepar said.

“Anything else you wish to browse?” He asked Venture as Shadowraker hopped out of Zepar and pecked at the Angelicon. “Just a minute.” He said to the Cryo Condor before pulling out a small packet of small Energon treats and brought out a handful for Shadowraker, which she happily began eating as she perched on his arm.

Thrift nods.

“I like that…” he remarks. "

“I think this has me covered…” Venture says as she hefts the Devastator MK1, a grin spreading over her face.

Zepar nods as he goes to examine the various items.

Thrift had many exotic mechanimals and… unique weaponry in his inventory, along with Golden Age relics and various bits and baubles. He also sold schematics for alt-modes and modifications.

Among his wares was a box of odd-looking grenades, a Knight sword whose blade seemed to shimmer in and out of existence, and a Knights of Cybertron talisman.

SideStep decided to investigate the hab-suites.

Zepar tries to examine the sword and talisman more closely.

The hab-suites were slightly smaller than the ones our heroes enjoyed in Salvation’s primary living spaces; comparatively bare-bones and unexciting.

The sword was likely broken; a blade that randomly flickered in and out of reality wasn’t of much use in a battle.

The talisman was damaged, but a few of its markings flash a faint blue when Zepar touches it.

Zepar clutched both artifacts. “How much for these two?” He asked Thrift.

“Those two?” Thrift repeats, pointing to the relics.

“Considering their age, quality and unique nature… one-thousand, five-hundred shanix, or the equivalent.”

Zepar checks his Shanix balance.

SideStep began to investigate each hab-suite one by one for bugs and microphones, and other listening devices.

Blight is hit again, flung back in a daze. He forces his senses to clear and spring to his feet, taking a defensive position.

Pixel pressed his face against the port and gasped in reaction to the destination before them.

@meepinater

Song swore, as she turned to her plane mode and started shooting at Hun-Gurr with all she had.

Delta would turn into her ursagryph mode. She would yell loudly, a cross between a bear roar and an eagle screech, before lunging at Blight with her claws.

"We were just about to head that way, why? [quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:6203, topic:49995”]
Pixel pressed his face against the port and gasped in reaction to the destination before them.
[/quote]

Spectrum bounced up next to him and watched, her pink eyes wide.

“He’s dead.”

1 Like

Zepar enjoyed a balance of 19,900 shanix, at the present time.

“I’ve always wanted to meet a Knight of Cybertron,” Thrift muses. “Some people say they’ve seen them, out on the Verge, but personally I’ve never seen anything but dead space out there, apart from the odd lovecraftian horror and foreboding alien obelisk, perhaps.”

The hab-suites were all free of nefarious devices.

Other patrons were staring out the viewport at the planet along with the minicons, murmuring speculations on the glowing patterns adorning its landmasses.

“Sheesh,” Halfrunner sighs, walking up behind the siblings. “I take a little stasis nap and we’re already back to adventuring…”

Hun-Gurr falls to its hands and knees as it is peppered by bullets and plasma rounds. Nearby, Twinstrike’s dual heads snarl as it leaps off its table, attacking Brainpan.

From behind Wildsong, Windrazor shrieks as it swoops at the Autobot, its talons outstretched; it sought to dig them into its new prey.

Song is not able to escape from that, as the talons would slash into the back of her plane mode.
@Chromeharpoon