Salvation: Part II

“Thank you.” Zepar said as he brushed off some webbing and tries to access it and see what it contained and if it could work.

Gronius called Delta via comms.
“Hey, uhm… I think it’s the time for you to come to the church now.”
“A little busy!”
“What?” Gronius asked, taken aback by Delta’s thicken voice, as a result of her talking in her beast mode.
“I am in Redstocker’s fight club in hangar XII.”
“Wait, Redstocker’s there?”
“Yes.”
“Alterion too?”
“Yes.”
“Shockwave?”
“Of course not! What would Shockwave do here?”
“Scrapshot?”
“Who?”
“Doesn’t matter. It’s OK then, see you later I guess.”
“Right. Bye.” she said as she closed the system.
This whole small talk would cause some delays in her attacks, giving Blight enough time to protect himself or even counterattack her.
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

“Keep going! Keep going!” she yelled to the scientists and the guards. “Keep firing! He is smaller than Hun-Gurr! He has to fall!” she said, as she opened fire at Windrazor with her two underwing guns and her machine gun.

1 Like

The datacard displays designs for the ground bridge, written in cyberglyphics.

The shots hit Windrazor in the back, causing the predacon to turn and drop Brainpan. He flies at Wildsong and spews a jet of flame at the Autobot.

Pixel played a “Game Over” sound inspired by Terran electronic entertainment.

He then nearly topples over, though catches his balance just in time.

Blight only began to run faster. “I can’t do that! Is that cheating?” He proceeded to trip over his own cloak and find himself on the ground once more…

…and as he turned back, he whipped his sniper towards his foe, thumbing a sleep concoction inside before firing it towards her.

1 Like

Halfrunner chuckles.

“Well, can I get you two something, or are you fixing to get back to saving the galaxy already?”

Zepar smiles, “Thank you, Sprocket.” He said, “this will be put to good use.” He told him as he left for the Conflux.

Sprocket raises an eyebrow.

“Okay, what do you have in mind?” he asks, treading after Zepar.

“Sprocket!” Grommet protests, “SideStep told us to stay in the lab!”

“It takes hours to get from one end of this ship to the other, man; we’ll be back before he knows it,” Sprocket dismisses Grommet’s fears as he follows Zepar to the Conflux. With an aggravated sigh, Grommet follows the two.

Song swoopes behind Windrazor, in hopes of catching Brainpan in time.

Song is hit in her head and falls flat to the ground.

Brainpan falls onto the floor, clutching her shoulder, which leaked energon from the jagged wound Windrazor had inflicted. The predacon twists around, landing on a table and breathing fire at Wildsong again.

Spectrum places her hands on the window to help steady Pixel. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6268, topic:49995, full:true”]
Motherboard revises the list of suspects to include only those bots whose optic lights matched the hue of the two crimson pinpricks in the screenshot. The new list was now only slightly smaller.
[/quote]

“Alright. Let’s see…”
SideStep scanned the list for Lurch, Sprocket, and Grommet.

Wildsong is not fast enough, trying to stay between Brainpan and Windrazor to act like a shield for the latter.

Lurch’s optic lights were the same shade as those of the mysterious figure. Sprocket’s eyes were yellow, but lights between his cheeks flashed crimson when he spoke. Grommet’s left eye was red, as well.

The flames wash over Widlsong, scorching her armor and searing her organic components.

SideStep grinned.
“■■■■■■■■■■■■, I think you might want to take a look at Sprocket and Grommet. Also, Lurch is looking like a very strong suspect.” He commed the captain.
Turning to Motherboard, he said, “Alright I need help with one more thing. Can you see if the time that this video was recorded lines up with Lurch leaving his bar at any point?”

“I’ve been informed that Lurch has been taken by security personnel for questioning,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ informs SideStep. “I can have them stop by Sprocket and Grommet’s laboratory as well.”

Motherboard’s visor once more scans through a dizzying array of screenshots and video recordings. After a moment, the screen goes blank.

“Negative,” the first officer says. “At no point was crewman Lurch detected leaving the Peace and Tyranny at such a time that would have allowed him to appear in camera E-226’s footage, if he took the most direct route to Engineering.”

Zepar began flying in dragon mode to the Conflux, figuring that was the faster way to get across the ship.

Sprocket and Grommet follow Zepar in their vehicle modes. Their journey to the Conflux would be uneventful.

Zepar lands inside te chamber and brings the datacard to the podium for it to scan and, hopefully, use it to upgrade the ship.

The podium’s lights bloom to life as Zepar approaches it.

Sprocket looks up in awe at the technology in the conflux. He’d seen chambers like these in ancient shipwrecks and the remains of Knight strongholds; he never thought he’d be standing in one whose machines were not only intact, but seamlessly integrated into a modern vessel.

Grommet gets down onto one knee and inspects the moat of Blue Cybermatter around the dais, intrigued by the substance.

1 Like

Wildsong screams, as he jumps out of the fire and turns to her robot mode.

Windrazor spreads his wings and rushes at Wildsong, talons outstretched to grab her.