Salvation: Part II

She once again sighed as she stand down on the floor.
“Are we still in the same ship?”

“Of course,” Brainpan says.

“You can travel between ships when you’re in warp; that’s impossible.”

She nodded, staying silent.

Zepar places the card on the podium, Let’s hope this works. He thought.

Brainpan is silent as well, staring back at Wildsong with her mismatched eyes.

Rays of orange light dance over the datacard, and the console emits a ringing sound as the lights turn a deep shade of green. In a flash of white light, the datacard vanishes, and arcs of blue energy shoot out from the Conflux and strike the sand-colored walls. Sprocket and Grommet look on in awe.

@BlackBeltGamer98 @Toa_Vladin @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @MichaelBT-7474 @meepinater @ProfSrlojohn

A low, bassy him echoes throughout Salvation as the Allspark holograms briefly flicker. In Engineering, Greasemonkey looks up as a portion of the cavern warps and crackles, reshaping itself into a drum-shaped module adorned with green and purple lights.

Motherboard’s visor flickers as a schematic of the new machine appears on its screen.

“Ground bridge module: online,” she tonelessly reports, as if entirely unsurprised by its sudden appearance.

In the Omega Conflux, a hologram of Salvation appears above the podium, highlighting engineering in green and displaying a readout confirming the installation of the new ground bridge.

“Did… did we just build the first new space bridge in a hundred million years?” Sprocket rhetorically asks, dumbfounded.

“…I… Ido believe we just did, yes,” Grommet replies, equally stupefied.

Huh…” Sprocket reacts, nodding his head. “So this is how it feels to make history. Not what I expected.”

1 Like

“So… How did you joined the heretics?”

“One ground bridge, check.” Zepar muttered as he tried to use the podium to figure out what it’s range is.

"Great, thanks. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6282, topic:49995”]
Motherboard’s visor once more scans through a dizzying array of screenshots and video recordings. After a moment, the screen goes blank.

“Negative,” the first officer says. “At no point was crewman Lurch detected leaving the Peace and Tyranny at such a time that would have allowed him to appear in camera E-226’s footage, if he took the most direct route to Engineering.”
[/quote]

“Hm.” SideStep frowns and rubs his chin.
“Alright, well, thanks for the help.”

“Oh, I was already serving aboard the Vigilant when Bludgeon told Thunderblast about his grand plan for a perfect cybertronian society,” Brainpan explains.

“So when she decided she wanted in, I just kinda got dragged along,” she adds with a laugh.

The podium’s holograms listed the new ground bridge’s range at an impressive 87,000 miles.

“You are welcome, crewman SideStep,” Motherboard says. The first officer then approaches the keypad. A tendril extends from her midsection, plugging into the console via a jack at its end.

1 Like

“…what are you doing?” Sidestep asked, curious.

“So… You didn’t actually wanted to be part of it.”

“I am attempting to hack this keypad directly in order to gain access to whatever the spy is hiding behind it,” Motherboard explains as the keypad’s holoscreen flickers and distorts.

“I just kinda got dragged along, yeah,” Brainpan repeats herself. “But I guess its a good cause. Y’know, saving Primus and our people and all. And Bludgeon’s a pretty nice boss, for a warlord.”

“He is?”

“Oh yeah!” Brainpan says. “Totally. Thunderblast is great, don’t get me wrong, but Bludgeon doesn’t go on a killing spree whenever he gets angry, which is nice. Maybe when we win he can take up a side job as an anger management coach, 'cause he seems to be the only Decepticon who’s got that figured out.”

She is silent.

“…So why’d you join?” Brainpan asks Wildsong after a pause.

“Honestly, I don’t know.” she admitted, closing her eyes.

Brainpan tilts her head to one side.

“That’s weird,” she remarks.

“I mean… At first I thought I was doing that to save my brother, but now…” she said, uncertainty clear in her voice.

“You have a brother?” Brainpan asks.

“I always wanted a sibling. I’ve tried to make one for myself a couple times, but that’s never really worked out…”