Salvation: Part II

“I don’t have remote access to the Ground Bridge and the Adjutant’s coordinates are unknown not to mention a Ground Bridge doesn’t have that sort of range.” He said.

Then he got an idea, “But maybe we can lure them here.”

1 Like

“How?” he said, willing to catch any chance to save his sister.

“Prisoner transfer.” Zepar said, “Our spy for the return of their’s”

“You do realise that the captains will never accept that. Unless… We do that without their knowledge…”

"Well, we need to…I GOT IT!!!" he suddenly cries in Ancient.

“If we can track where their spy’s transmission is received, we can reach Wildsong and extract her by creating a private line of communication that is secure and hidden enough to keep her hidden until she is in range of the Ground Bridge.” He said.

“That’s genius!” Gronius said, taking him by his shoulders. “But how do we contact the heretics?”

“It’s time we used their spy’s tools against them.” He said as he tried to go back through the ground bridge.

“Wait, where are you going?” he said, following him.

Brainpan simply stares into the floor, unresponsive. What was Wildsong even going for here, she wonders, tearing her down like this. Was she just trying to make her as miserable as possible before she died?

Wait… what…?

Brainpan’s head shoots up as her coils crackle to life, spitting out a storm of sparks. It was bad enough that Wildsong had toyed with her, but feeding her such an obvious lie? And expecting her to believe it? That was too much. Before she died, she decided to let let this spawn of a glitch have it.

“IT’S YOUR FAULT!” she shrieks, glaring with an intense, animal fury at Wildsong. A bolt of lightning shoots from the back of her head and running over her pillory.

“YOU USED ME! YOU LIED TO ME! YOU’RE STILL LYING TO ME! I’M GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU!”

Brainpan struggles against her restrains as her coils buzz and whine. All at once, they erupt, a veritable storm of lightning bursting from them and striking and electrocuting herself, Wildsong, the pillories, and the executioners. Obsidian flies away just in time to avoid being shocked, as well. The crowd cries out in surprise, recoiling as one from the storm.

The portal was still open.

@Toa_Vladin

1 Like

The bolt sends Song flying off the piedestal.
“Ouch…” she sais, as she stands up.

The lightning had shorted out the pillories, freeing both Wildsong and Brainpan, though not without doing a number on both of them. The executioners had both been knocked to the ground, stunned.

Kill them!” Obsidian barks to the New Decepticon spectators, deploying one of his gattling guns. A storm of clicks and whines could be heard as the throng of soldiers bring their weapons to bear.

A shrill battle cry pierces the ozone-scented air from behind Wildsong. Brainpan, her armor smoking, had grabbed one of the executioners’ axes and now leaps down at her, intent on doing the job in their stead.

“Slag!!!” Wildsong yelled as she ran away.

Brainpan chases after Wildsong, dragging the axe behind her with every intention of killing the Autobot.

The mad scientist wasn’t alone. Obsidian fires a stream of energon projectiles from his gattling gun after Wildsong, as two Sharpshooters aim laser beams at her.

Song turned to her dragon mode and swooped off on the hallways, searching for anything that could help her.

Wildsong would find it difficult to maneuver through the corridors of the Adjutant in her vehicle mode.

Brainpan continues to give chase, but a shot from behind tears through her shoulder and she falls onto the deck, the ax clattering beside her. Behind her, Obsidian launches a missile at Wildsong.

OOC: Oh, yes. Sorry.

“No, Brainpan!” Song yells as she reverts back into robot mode, likely making the missile fly above her.
She quickly turns back and gets Brainpan’s axe, as she goes for a mad slash at Obsidian.

The missile strikes the ceiling behind Wildsong’s head and explodes.

Obsidian catches the helve of the ax before it strikes him. He reforms his left hand into a drill. It whirs to life as the general thrusts the weapon at Wildsong’s sternum.

She uses the momentum that she got when slicing the axe at him while running to slide on the floor on hr knees, before catching obsidian by one of his fit, then jumping off to catch one of the arms extending to form an helicopter blade, spinning in the air and going for a double kick in his head.

Thrust nodded and grabbed the Omega Key, then transformed into jet mode, the key tucked away in his cockpit. He rocketed off through the halls towards the groundbridge, entering it once he reached it. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6515, topic:49995”]
One of the guards nods appreciatively. Lurch only grumbles.

“May I leave now?” he hisses.
[/quote]

“Ask the captains, not me.” SideStep threw over his shoulder.

As Obsidian had grabbed onto Wildsong’s ax before her slide, her attack is cut short as the general yanks her back up off the floor, driving his drill toward her chest.

As Thrust removes the Omega Key, the conflux shuts down, halting the production of Blue Cybermatter aboard Salvation and causing the floating platform to sink back into the floor.

Thrust finds himself standing with only the other Splitter brothers on the cliff, Wildsong and Gronius having re-entered the ship.

Lurch scowls.