Salvation: Part II

SideStep glances at ■■■■■■■■■■■■, but says nothing.
“Well, what are we waiting for? We’ve got a planet to explore, eh?”

Since his encounter with the Cybermatter, SideStep seemed wholly renewed. Although nobody knew him before his incident with Shockwave, he was almost completely restored to his original mental capacity.
That being said, he was not fully healed… and what part of him was still unwell has yet to show itself.

1 Like

Topside nods, before tapping the side of his head to comm Motherboard.

“Motherboard, could you-?”

Topside is interrupted by a whooshing sound as a lime-green vortex swirls into being behind him and the rest of the bridge crew.

Topside turns his head, looking up at ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

“Can she read minds or something?” the Autobot asks.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ smirks. “Perhaps you’re just that predictable,” says he.

SideStep chuckles at ■■■■■■■■■■■■’s comment, before hefting his new rifle and walking through the groundbridge.

“Uhm… Hi!” Gronius greets in his dragon mode, waving his huge claw into the air as he flies by Motherboard’s left.

OOC: Please, stop tagging me on that. I am thinking at a scene between Redstocker and Alterion, but I need time to write it down.

IC: Song throws Brainpan’s body, which would probably shield her by the missile as she darts right on a random hallway, running as fast as her legs were allowing her to the nearest hangar, trying to remember the layout of the ship as best as she could from the time she and the others rescued Shockwave.

SideStep and the bridge crew emerge from the portal amidst a spacious forest. All around them were scorched, felled trees that the ground bridge had inadvertently felled when it opened. Looking up through the canopy, SideStep could see Salvation silhouetted in the afternoon sun.

“Alright, alright,” Topside says. “Now, if I were holy warrior-explorer looking to hide a relic of godly power, where would I hide it…?”

The Autobot scans the forest, tapping his metal chin.

Motherboard increases her speed and touches down on the platform, transforming to robot mode and looking up at Gronius as she silently waits for him, standing stock-still.

Indeed it was. The corpse of Brainpan explodes as the missile impacts her, destroying it.

Unfortunately, Song’s previous incursion into the Adjutant hadn’t taken her into this sector of the supply ship.

However, rounding this corner, Song would meet a familiar face: the yellow and green-armored sanitation worker with garbage truck mode, who startles at her sudden appearance.

>Krgk<- Whoa! - krgk” he exclaims, throwing his hands above his head.

“Probably some sort of temple.” Thrust said, walking up to them.

Zepar was back on the planet, waiting patiently for the Key to arrive. (@meepinater)

1 Like

“Yeah, that’s my guess,” Breakswitch concurs

Or,” Broadband says, holding up a finger, “they knew we’d think that, and the thing’s just buried in a random ditch somewhere.”

1 Like

He rolls into the air as he falls next to her in his robot mode.
“So… What now?”

“Primus protect her Spark…” Song silently prayed.

OOC: Who?

Motherboard points a long, black-armored finger toward the spy’s former hideout.

OOC: an NPC y’all met when rescuing Shockwave. I figured I’d have him make a cameo to preserve continuity.

IC: the janitor stands in the middle of the hall, his hands raised.

>Krgk<- Uhh… please don’t kill me? - >krgk<

“What… This? I am unaware with this place.” Gronius said. In the past few days he even forgot, even didn’t really cared about the whole thing with the spy.

OOC: I don’t remember him, sorry.

IC: “I won’t, if you help me. Tell me quickly, where is the nearest hangar? Where can I find the nearest escape shuttle?” she said, clearly agitated and not in the mood for a bargain with such an individual like the old janitor.

“A hidden communications hub discovered by crewmen Blight, Juliana, and Zepar,” Motherboard explains. “As far as subsequent investigations have determined, Bludgeon’s spy used this room to relay tactical information to the Twenty-sixth Fleet, sending the messages through transwarp space via unknown means.”

The janitor points a thumb behind him.

>Krgk<- Second corridor on the left. Make a left, a right, then another right, then keep going for about half a mile. ->krgk<

“And… And you think I can use this to contact the Adjustant and/or Wildsong?” Gronius asked pointing to the cave, his tone full of hope.

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” she said as she ran away on the indicated pathway.

Motherboard nods.

“Crewman Zepar believes so,” she says. “However, it is also likely that contacting the Twenty-sixth Fleet would allow Bludgeon to discern our location, if the spy hasn’t leaked our heading to him already.”

The sanitation 'Con sighs as he watches Wildsong take off. He didn’t care if the Autobot lived or died; his position didn’t pay nearly enough for that.

Alarms begin to blare throughout the corridors of this sector of the Adjutant. The whole ship- the whole fleet- had witnessed Wildsong’s escape, and Obsidian was not going to let her slip away.

The hangar Wildsong had been directed to was an expansive rectangular chamber, packed with grounded dropships and fighters connected to refueling platforms as technicians piloting Siege Walker mechs carried large energon cubes across the space.

…It was also crawling with Air Troopers and their bulkier, heavily-armed cousins, who had all been placed on alert as soon as Wildsong’s escape from the execution room had been broadcasted.

“It’s her!” one Heavy Air Trooper barks. “Kill the vermin!”

The enemy wastes no time in deploying their weapons. Bolts of energon and hard light from all around the hangar streak toward Wildsong as the mechs drop their cubes, reaching for the four-barreled cannons stowed on their backs.

“I don’t care! It’s a small price for Song!” Gronius said, jumping into the place and trying to contact the New Order.

Wildsong hides behind some nearby containers, jumping from barricade to barricade -Energon tanks, jets, etc- as she tries to come closer and closer to the door of the hangar or, even better, to a side door meant to open into outer space in case the hangar doors weren’t opening (like those doors aboard our airplanes, with a big red lever that you push and the whole door comes out).

“The logic behind your conclusion is…”

Motherboard stops- a notable break in her character. When she had something to say, she said it, no matter what.

“…questionable,” she finishes, after a brief pause. It was as if she wanted to say “confusing”, but wouldn’t bring herself to admit it.

The transwarp communicator comes to life, and begins to establish a connection with the New Decepticon fleet.

@ProfSrlojohn

@ProfSrlojohn @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

The hangar doors were closed, as was required for cybertronian ships travelling via warp. The troopers in the hangar had Wildsong surrounded and outmatched, and her cover would avail her not- fuel-grade energon was notoriously volatile, and by hiding behind a tank full of the stuff, she draws the troopers’ fire to it, rupturing the container and igniting the blue liquid within in a deadly explosion.

If Deus was observant. he would find GC in the park, sitting with his eyes closed.

Juliana had continued working, when Halfrunner walked in.

"Oh! Mr. Halfrunner! You’re back!’ Juliana says, running over to him with a hug.

“New Decepticon fleet, come in New Decepticon fleet!” Gronius said, trying to get in contact with the heretics.

She runs out of the explosion before she would be blown up, as she advances towards the door. When she arrives there, she wildly tries to open it at it’s control panel, at lease enough to depressurise the room and to destabilise the heretics.

A flickering, spherical hologram materializes above the console, stuttering as the transwarp communicator fights to reach the New Decepticon Order through the mysterious energies permeating planet OL-2-C.

Deus eventually finds Gatecrasher, and peers curiously at the Decepticon for a moment before joining him in his meditation.

Halfrunner hugs Juliana back.

“Yep,” he says with a smile. “And just in time, too, by the look of it.”

Through bursts of enemy fire that pelt her armor and scorch her flesh, Wildsong is able to reach the controls, flipping the switch causing the hangar doors to rush open. The hangar is bathed in the glaring red aura of the warp field surrounding the Adjutant, propelling it through the space at superluminal speeds.

A Heavy Air Trooper cries out in horror, but his scream is cut short. In the precious moment before the atmospheric barrier could expand to cover the hangar’s aperture, a deafening BOOM fills the bay as the New Decepticon soldiers, Wildsong, and anything not secured to the floor are ripped out of the Adjutant and into the warp field. The ill-fated bots, Autobot and New Decepticon alike, are eviscerated by the field and killed instantly.

From star systems away, Gronius would feel his sister’s death through the psychic link that all cybertronian siblings shared. It was an awful sensation, like the Dark Star Saber itself being plunged through his spark.

GC opened an eye, then closed it.

She released him, and looked back at him. “Ain’t that the truth,”