Salvation: Part II

Deus cocks his head, before poking Gatecrasher in the shoulder.

Halfrunner nods his head, and then looks down at his arm.

“That blue stuff the Key spits out does wonders, I tell ya,” he says. “Forcep put a liter o’ it in the CR chamber; I reckon I would’ve been in that thing for the rest of the voyage if he hadn’t.”

@MichaelBT-7474

“Come on, come on, come on!” Gronius said, tapping frenetically into the console.

OOC: Wait, hold on.
That should not technically happen. If you are thrown out of an object with the speed of light, you don;t get killed. Wouldn’t you, just, normally get out of it as the object continues to take you away with the speed of light?
Like what would be the actual factors that would cause the actual death? If you jump out of a plane while it continues flying it wouldn’t instantly kill you, the fall would kill you, but there wouldn’t be anywhere to fall to in outer space.
And you also can’t say that it’s because of the energy field surrounding the ship at the speed of light, as the thing itself would be surrounding Song. She would be blown up inside the cylinder like form that is the transwarp, without actually getting hurt, unless she flies into it.
And even if everything would work so, wouldn’t the entire Adjustant get destroyed, wouldn’t the depressurisation that did so much damage slowly eat the entire thing from inside till destroying the whole thing? Like if Song dies, she at least takes Obsidian and whoever else is in it with her!

OOC: I most certainly can. Warp fields are dangerous; there’s a reason the hangar doors were closed and why nobody leaves their ships when they’re in warp- as Brainpan mentioned to Wildsong. The radiation within them reduces smaller craft and people to slag; only ships built to withstand it can endure the trip.

That hangar’s certainly unusable now, but automated systems likely sealed it off from the rest of the ship rather quickly. Everyone inside the hangar with Wildsong when she opened the doors is most assuredly dead along with her, though.

IC: [quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:6590, topic:49995”]
“Come on, come on, come on!” Gronius said, tapping frenetically into the console.
[/quote]

“Why does crewwoman Wildsong’s rescue take precedence over the mission?” Motherboard asks, cocking her head to one side.

GC opened his eye again.

“Well, thank goodness that isn’t the case. I don’t think I could have kept it up”

Deus withdraws his hand and waves.

Halfrunner chuckles.

OOC: This really didn’t desreved the effort or the sacrifice, tbh. It barely did any long lasting damage.
It was pretty useless. I should have gave her up at the execution scene.

OOC: I did explain earlier that Song’s exploits will have lasting negative effects on the New Decepticon Order’s stability. She may not bring down a warship, but her death will not be in vain.

In addition, Song also delayed the deployment of Abominus. You just spared the rest of the cast from a tough boss fight for the time being. So congratulations on that.

Perhaps. In my defense, you did tell me to “just go ahead and kill her” before you had a change of heart. I still wanted to give you a chance to have her escape, all the same, even if it didn’t end up succeeding.

GC Smiles. “Hello Deus”

“How do you do it? It’s exhausting!”

Deus keeps waving.

“It helps to have company,” Halfrunner says, gesturing toward the junkion DJ, who was busy balancing glasses containing drinks of every color of the rainbow on his arms.

“Like DJ there…”

“You can stop waving.”

“I know what you mean. I don’t think I could have done it without him.”

Deus drops his arm, sitting cross-legged in front of Gatecrasher.

Halfrunner nods.

“He’s a good friend like that,” he remarks.

“So, how are you feeling?”

“I can tell. I hope I can find someone like that.”

“Well there’s gotta be a way to scan for it or somethin’, right?”

Deus gives Gatecrasher a thumbs-up.

“You already might,” Halfrunner says. “You probably just don’t realize it yet, is all.”

“I reckon there would be,” Topside agrees.

“One problem with that,” Breakswitch says. “there’s this weird energy all throughout the planet. It’s like the radiation on OL-0; long-range scanners and comms are practically useless.”

“…Just this once, can we have it easy, please?” the navigator grumbles.

1 Like

“Good. You scared me out there kid. Next time you step out into a warzone involving a rouge deception fleet and a demigod, at least take a gun?”

----‐----------

“Oh, well that isn’t cryptic at all.” She said sarcastically.

Deus nods his head contemplatively, touching his chin- or rather, the metal protrusion under his optic that served as the closest thing he had to a chin.

Halfrunner shrugs.

“I’m not sure what to tell ya,” he says.

“Or a spear I guess. Polearms are nice, better that clubs or swords because of the reach.”

“Oh come on! You don’t say something like that and leave a girl hanging! Did you mean someone specific, or was that just a generic peice of wisdom?”

Deus points to the halberd stowed on Gatecrasher’s back, visible from over the Decepticon’s shoulder.

Halfrunner taps his chin, deep in thought.

“Let’s go with generic wisdom,” he says after a pause.

“Oh, yeah, I bought this after the fight. I managed to ‘procure’ one of the pikes from the guards on one the ships in the traitor fleet. I would’ve kept it, but it broke before we got back. Shame, it hefted better than this one.”

“You confuse me sometimes, you know that?”

Deus shrugs apologetically.

Eh, what can you do?

Halfrunner smirks.

“Aye; my mind is a puzzle to many,” he jokes.