Salvation: Part II

“Yeah?” Venture asks, reverting to robot mode and shouting up to Zepar from a ledge below him.

Zepar scales the wall to be on her level, “Why did you leave Cybertron? Why did you give up all you had there and go to Planet Omega?” He asked.

“Corona said we had to,” Venture explains. “That the survival of our species would depend on it. She’d never been wrong before, so…”

Zepar nods, “She wasn’t wrong about that.” He said. “Your people have helped us greatly and I doubt we’ve seen all that Primus has in store for this quest.”

Venture nods as well.

“You guys have been through a lot, haven’t you?”

Zepar takes a deep, heavy breath, “Yes.” He said solemnly, “We have been through a great deal of hardships since our departure from Cybertron.”

He finds himself looking at his armor and his new Greatsword, reflecting on the power he had because of it and the losses he has experienced so far.

1 Like

“That couldn’t have been easy…” Venture says delicately.

“It never is…” He said, “But we must consider the alternative: failure dooms all Cybertronian life to permanent extinction.”

“Or leaves it in the hands of Bludgeon,” Venture says with a shudder.

“No.” Zepar said, “If Bludgeon has his way, I fear that he will only worsen The Creator’s condition to the point where even the Omega Lock cannot heal him.”

“He bears many traits that are all-too-familiar to my order: Ambition, lust for power and a high-and-mighty pride that he is the voice of Primus.” He growled, remembering the Nova Incident as it was recorded in the Angelicon records.

1 Like

Venture nods.

“He’s always been that way, from what I remember. Even before the war. The conflict just gave him an excuse to start acting on it, I guess.”

“Not only that,” Zepar said, “It may have made him worse than he was before the war.”

“I never knew him well enough to comment on that,” Venture says.

“Let’s just find this piece before he shows up again…”

“Agreed.” He said, looking around for any sign of the Omega Key.

SideStep nodded, leading ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Breakswitch along the path.

Thrust had they key, and was standing right outside the entrance to the groundbridge.

“This place,” Breakswitch says, turning her head to take in the alien forest around her. This was perhaps the first time any of our heroes would have heard her speak without sarcasm or outright hostility.

“It’s beautiful…”

The lights on the Omega Key flash, and the geoglyphs around the river in the valley turn a pale shade of blue.

1 Like

“Aye, it is, isn’t it? It’s too bad we don’t have stuff like this on Cybertron.” SideStep mused.

“You know,” Breakswitch says, “I have to wonder how many Decepticons actually believe all this slag about ‘purging the techno-organic contamination’ and ‘purifying our species’. How could you look at this-”

She sweeps her hand around the scenery.

“-and want to burn it all away?”

“I never believed in that. I was just… raised to follow Megatron’s orders.”

“I think that can be said for many of us,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ weighs in. His voice, too, had an uncharacteristic softness to it.