Samurai Jack

It should be on Adult Swim’s Website.

Don’t know if you need a log in or not.

I believe a login is required. I don’t have an account on there but I tried watching the first episode and it asked for some info, so i just waited until it was on demand on my TV. I’m not sure if it’s free or not.

does anyone know why samurai jack was cancelled in 2004 anyway? i’d very much like to know why since I never grew up with, (though I did watch an advertisement of samurai jack on a DVD, and that blew my mind as a kid)

I haven’t seen season 5, but I like this Scaramouch person:

Sadly I’ve seen only one episode of the old series and part of an episode where Jack encounters the scotsman. But I don’t need to watch any episodes to know that Aku is hilarious.

2 Likes

This episode will be interesting that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Every other episode so far has had just “intense violence”… a quick google search means that the “DLV” means “intensely suggestive dialogue, strong coarse language, and intense violence.”

?

4 Likes

inb4 some tells Jack the Birds and the Bees.

Nah, it’s probably going to be something like some describing in detail how exactly he how he wants to murder Jack or something.

1 Like

D usually refers to suggestive references. L means language, so there will be some degree of swearing. That being said, I don’t expect these elements to be extremely heavy knowing the kind of show this is. I don’t expect the suggestive references to be perverted jokes, more like mild allusions that could be potentially plot related. I don’t expect a ton of cursing either, but some one’s probably going to get angry. Genndy Tartokvsky doesn’t seem set on making this be like one of the other crude Adult Swim shows, this is a totally different kind of show. So that’s what I feel is at least more likely.

@Ninjanicktf @Kiixaar

Ok, so turns out the reason for this is because the actual show being played last night was Rick and Morty. Whole thing was an April fools prank, so the rating is still the same. But we have to wait another week. Ugh.

2 Likes

I am so salty right now. Like, that was the only April Fools thing that I actually fell for. Excuse me while I angrily grind in some video game…

5 Likes

blame Adult Swim, atleast we’re still getting it

2 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty angry about the whole thing. I get that it was April Fools, and from what I’ve heard Adult Swim has done this kind of thing before. But still, it’s just irritating.

4 Likes

Wunna lubba dub dub I guess.

I was looking forward to the new episode but was treated to s3 of Rick and Morty. Been waiting on that for a while. I like the darkness to it. The sadistic part of me wants to watch the characters slowly cave into insanity. That’s besides the point tho. (Also freaking finally, Jerry is gone for all we know.)

So far S5 of Samurai Jack has been really good, but its flaws are evident however they aren’t enough to make me call the show bad or mediocre. In fact, it’s quite good. I feel like the villains were killed too easily, so either they’re less integral to the overall plot than we though or this is gonna be a super short series. Still, I feel they could’ve been better developed in their screen time.

April Fools is not funny if you do this kind of stuff.

5 Likes

I might agree with you if the show wasn’t primarily focused on Jack’s character.

Well I suspect someone did if they went ahead with this. I am mildly irritated about the whole thing, but the surprise itself was funny to me.

2 Likes

Uhh april fools? What happend to the last episode?

They didn’t show it, they had the whole schedule be the season 3 premiere of rick n morty, we’re getting episode 4 this Saturday

1 Like

So I finally watched season 5.

It is amazing so far.

1 Like

agreed

I’d might agree if I didn’t know it was possible to develop more than one character in a story.
I mean I get it, I’m just not too big a fan of throwaway characters.

1 Like