Samurai Jack

I’m not saying it isn’t possible, but this story isn’t designed to to develop every other character we run into. It’s designed to follow Jack specifically.

Throwaway characters are only bad if they’re presented in a way that we’re supposed to feel one way or another about without much effort being put into how they’re written. So far enough writing has gone into foes for them to be just obstacles for Jack to fight through.

1 Like

Only recurring characters are Jack, Jack’s family, Aku, and the Scottsman, otherwise there’s very few minor cameos for characters in previous seasons, but due to the time stuff this season I doubt we’ll see anyone familiar other than these four

1 Like

This last episode was quite good. I appreciated the more comedic aspect to it, they made it work very well and it still continued with the story.

8 Likes

So far, there have been no dull episodes. While I kind of found Aku to be a little too comedic when I saw him. everything else has been really great. Genndy Tartakovsky’s still got it!

2 Likes

I found this on the interwebs:

5 Likes

AYYY

[spoiler]RIP SCOTSMAN.

kinda[/spoiler]

6 Likes

That scene caught me pretty off guard, at first I thought they killed him off way too quickly. Then it turned out he’s alive, sort of… Guess we’ll see how that plays out

5 Likes

First Daughters of Aku, then Scottsman’s army of daughters, what next? Sons of Jack?

4 Likes

[spoiler]Scaramouch:
“wow, what a freak! he looked like a talking pe**s”
so this is what Adult Swim is all about, I expected more

also, ashi’s new attire looks great[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I love how Samurai Jack is both adult and mature. Most “adult” shows just use swears and sex jokes and slap on “adult” for the adult audience to see it. Samurai Jack shows maturity by not doing this.

8 Likes

Well Jack almost commited suicide by “Harakiri”, you could say thats a pretty mature thing, I dont think most kids would understand that

3 Likes

it’s a little thing

called good writing.

6 Likes

man sam-ur-rai made me laugh so much in episode 6.

[spoiler]SPOILERZ

/s

seriously though keep it secret for the guys who wanna get it[/spoiler]

For real though

the ammount of callbacks and references and returning characters was rediculous

1 Like

whoops forgot about that, but yeah your right

So the new season is stellar. Absolutely stellar. This season has done things I thought I’d never see in this show.

4 Likes

Can’t say I enjoyed much of the humor set up for Scaramouch this last episode, but besides that this last episode was alright.

I really liked Jack’s casual comment about Ashi’s appearance after almost killing himself. It was a great way to end the episode.

4 Likes

alright, the last episode was cool and all, but I liked samurai jack more with the beard and long hair

1 Like

Sadly, there´s only 3 episodes left…

But it´s nice to see the old Jack back.

3 Likes

Did shipping go too far this time ?

1 Like